+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I've gone on the sick with stress

I've gone on the sick with stress

Re: I've gone on the sick with stress

But why? Nothing has happened for ages and nor is it likely to. I can’t remember caring less about the outcome of league fixtures. I’m closer to Catatonia than stress

God stress, the new bad back .

Dr Martha Newson: 'Football gets discounted all the time as just a game, and it's not'

UHHH Yes it is

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    You see the cameras closing up on a Man City/Arsenal kid in tears after their team drops a point. You have to wonder about the parents of children who end up crying at games when things don't go their way.

Having said that am I alone in thinking the looks on all those Brazil 'fans' when they went 5-0 down were one of the highlights of the world cup !

I found the pre premier league times, maybe not so much stressful but certainly a level of anxiety in the build up to matches, particularly bigger matches.

Would occupy my thoughts more than it should have. Nothing dangerous or to worry about but whilst it's not all there is to life its certainly more than a hobbie, probably bordering more an addiction.

I've found the post premier league seasons far less anxious, I didn't expect us to stay up, I didn't expect us to get promoted again and last season bar some fight I always felt we would go down.

The Swansea and Bristol matches have had more interest but I don't feel quite as worried about defeat as I used to, maybe I'm just a bit older as well but ultimately I think it's the realisation that the Premier league isn't quite the land of milk and honey it's portrayed to be.

Not so much lately (perhaps it used to happen more regularly then, don’t know the stats) but in seasons gone by us being one goal ahead or level going into the last five minutes and then whatever went up on the fourth official’s board use to have me a nervous wreck. I was on pins just waiting for the inevitable opposition winner or equaliser, I got to the ridiculous stage of counting the seconds (1&2&3&4 etc) as soon as the board went up, praying we’d keep them out. Then I went the other way and just expected the ball to hit our net and was more or less ‘Come on just do it, put me out of my misery’. Haven’t done it for a long while now, perhaps that’s with age, not being as edgy or the, perhaps mythical, fact that we don’t seem to concede so late now.

Definitely not a larfing matter.
    Remember when in 2002, two managers, Alladyce and Bassett, watched a match when wired up to a heart monitor? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/1758132.stm
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...toll-cft39576h
    Just imagine what we put our bodies thru when we watch City second half comebacks!
    The day after a match, I'm like a limp blanket.
    (Normally, I'm a powerhouse piledriver)

They should try and watch Cardiff City sometimes. But there again it's hardly exciting on others.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You have to wonder about the parents of children who end up crying at games when things don't go their way.
    Why? What can a parent do?

Bloody snowflakes

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bloody snowflakes
    Don’t mention them, work suffers if it gets to settle!!!