+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: PEARCEY

PEARCEY

driving down from Cambridge..where can I park?

Re: PEARCEY

Not sure if you will be coming off the M4 at junction 11 but that’s the easiest way to Mereoak Park and ride which is where I park up. It’s around one mile from the M4 exit and is easy to get to by following the A33 towards Basingstoke before you filter off to the right to the park and ride. Parking is free and you just pay when you get in the bus(regular shuttle bus service).

If you are travelling alone ask for an adult return to the Madejski which will cost you either £4 or £4.50. If you are coming with friends and or family ask for a family return to the Madejski and that will cost you a fiver. So it doesn’t cost a lot. The bus takes you to the foot of the incline you walk up to get to the stadium and you get the bus back to Mere oak from the same spot. There are likely to be queues for the bus back but you should get back to the park and ride by 5:30pm and it will only take a couple of minutes to get back onto the motorway. So you avoid all the hassle of match day traffic. Try and get to the park and ride by 2pm.

RG7 1PB is the Park and ride post code. Just looked st directions and I doubt you will be coming into Reading via the M4 but I would still recommend this service because it’s the cheapest and easiest way to get to and out of the stadium.

we should be there by around 12 ish..any pubs by the park and ride?

Oh crikey. You are getting there early. Try the World Turned Upside
    Down on 387 Basingstoke Road. You may well be able to park up there for the match too.

City fans always get there early P..thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    City fans always get there early P..thanks
    ...pop in and have a beer P

cheers Pearcey..perfect..20 mins walk..free parking..cheap food and beer..footy on tv..and full of City fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Oh crikey. You are getting there early. Try the World Turned Upside
    Down on 387 Basingstoke Road. You may well be able to park up there for the match too.
    12 o clock early for pre match football drinks.🤣

Not sure if you will be coming off the M4 at junction 11 but that’s the easiest way to Mereoak Park and ride which is where I park up. It’s around one mile from the M4 exit and is easy to get to by following the A33 towards Basingstoke before you filter off to the right to the park and ride. Parking is free and you just pay when you get in the bus(regular shuttle bus service).

If you are travelling alone ask for an adult return to the Madejski which will cost you either £4 or £4.50. If you are coming with friends and or family ask for a family return to the Madejski and that will cost you a fiver. So it doesn’t cost a lot. The bus takes you to the foot of the incline you walk up to get to the stadium and you get the bus back to Mere oak from the same spot. There are likely to be queues for the bus back but you should get back to the park and ride by 5:30pm and it will only take a couple of minutes to get back onto the motorway. So you avoid all the hassle of match day traffic. Try and get to the park and ride by 2pm.
    Don't listen to him Ken, it's a trap!
    Pearcey's a proper gent on here but come match day!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    12 o clock early for pre match football drinks.🤣
    Watching the match is just an inconvenient interruption in drinking time. That said, I do worry about the number of our fans who travel and seem to spend a fair amount of match time in the foyer having a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ...pop in and have a beer P
    Not at the game Ken. I’m a ST holder but not bothered about the Cup because frankly the club don’t seem to be. Eleven changes from our midweek starting line up and a bunch of Academy boys on the bench.

Thanks for the head up for mereoak park and ride.
    Excellent car park home in 1.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Thanks for the head up for mereoak park and ride.
    Excellent car park home in 1.5 hours
    Brilliant. Makes it worth posting if it helps out. It’s so easy to use and you can get back on the M4 so quickly.

Not at the game Ken. I’m a ST holder but not bothered about the Cup because frankly the club don’t seem to be. Eleven changes from our midweek starting line up and a bunch of Academy boys on the bench.
    Should be an easy game for us then ...

Pearcey...I stuck the fingers up to a couple of Reading fans after we scored early door, can you ensure they will come out of their coma alright?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Pearcey...I stuck the fingers up to a couple of Reading fans after we scored early door, can you ensure they will come out of their coma alright?
    I’m ashamed of you. Bloody hooligan.

I’m ashamed of you. Bloody hooligan.
    So long as those who were outraged were okay.

As a side I remember you saying about the singing section going next to the away fans.
    Certainly makes a difference and enjoyed the back and fore, a shame about the false or pathetic (and it was) accusations came out.
    I thought the tannoy knocked our atmosphere for 6 in the first half.