+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Luckily this had a happy ending!

Luckily this had a happy ending!

Re: Luckily this had a happy ending!

Going out in my call of duty outfit tomorrow, now confident I'll be alright.

Banned

That lake stinks to be fair. It's embarrassing to see how the locals have used the lake and the feeding canal as a dumping ground for all their crap. I walked there once and the lane alongside the railway track had loads of asbestos waste just dumped on the side, crumbling and flaky it was not in a good condition.

That was Wednesday.
    Armed cops arrested a guy in St Mellons today (Fri) around lunchtime - chopper overhead, hand guns and machine guns were seen by my wife and daughter coming back from shopping. some guy in a car coming out of a close was surrounded woith much shouting and gun pointing, luckily he gave up quietly.

Imagine what might have happened if someone in the USA tried a similar stunt! The phrase "shoot first and ask questions later" comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    That lake stinks to be fair. It's embarrassing to see how the locals have used the lake and the feeding canal as a dumping ground for all their crap. I walked there once and the lane alongside the railway track had loads of asbestos waste just dumped on the side, crumbling and flaky it was not in a good condition.
    The lake is full of fish as is the reen or feeder that runs into it , some big carp and tench in there

Shame to hear it's been ruined

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The lake is full of fish as is the reen or feeder that runs into it , some big carp and tench in there

Shame to hear it's been ruined
    I haven't been there since last September. They were doing some work dredging and so on. Some old couple had their fence burnt down just by the feeder during the last dry summer. They were completely distraught and scared at the time.

The feeder had all sorts of junk in it, tyres, fridges. Mattresses dumped on the side of the road. Lake smells like dog shit. Used to see a blind old guy wearing a City shirt walking his dog, he was a nice guy - very interesting. But, it is a crime how the locals are treating it.

You'd see a lot of people fishing there at certain points in the year. But, there were some sorts of warnings in place about the water and blue algae last June I think.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    That was Wednesday.
    Armed cops arrested a guy in St Mellons today (Fri) around lunchtime - chopper overhead, hand guns and machine guns were seen by my wife and daughter coming back from shopping. some guy in a car coming out of a close was surrounded woith much shouting and gun pointing, luckily he gave up quietly.
    Erm, this is what the BBC link in the OP is referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post

Where was the princess that needed saving ?????

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Erm, this is what the BBC link in the OP is referring to.
    Erm, no it isn't.

The OP link was regarding the "knight with a sword" up by the lake, which happened on Wednesday.

The incident I related happened Friday lunchtime on Willowbrook Drive, about a mile and a half away.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Erm, no it isn't.

The OP link was regarding the "knight with a sword" up by the lake, which happened on Wednesday.

The incident I related happened Friday lunchtime on Willowbrook Drive, about a mile and a half away.
    Erm, well it was just after 7am this morning, cut me some slack for Christ’s sake