+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think that we were chanting racist shit, that doesn't happen anymore in this country, it's the isolated stuff that's still kicking about, especially in games where we take a large away following and people have been on the piss. The homophobic stuff is still prevalent, blokes shouting poof at players who go down etc although it is isolated.
    Evens it was SHEEP SHAGGING BASTARDS .................

Whilst cardiff city has never suffered the endemic racist abuse dished out by the likes of leeds millwall and birmingham city in the past , we have had isolated racist abuse at cardiff city

You are just a town full of pakis ......at bradford city and Oldham fans , a city fan arrested at Scarborough for spitting on a black player , the black cambridge united captain getting the monkey chants in our seven two home defeat , bananas thrown at alex William's the black manchester city keeper

In recent years racial abuse is hardly ever heard at cardiff but there are one or two idiots

This is from the Reading Supporters organisation. Comments suggest home fans being less than pure. I was there. All
    I saw / heard was the usual City songs about sheep Shaggers, shit on English side of bridge and anti jack songs. None of which I actually think are very good or encouraging

It was quite lively in the away end but not aggressive or malicious. Lots of ‘banter’ between the two sets of fans.

Nothing was shout but if home fans shout you welsh bastards that allowed
    Wot is racist for reading to put that out is open to a massive claim by all city fans who were there ! They put the statement ou prove it

I am sure the club and the trust and the supporters club will be acting on these allegations and will clear the fans name if it proves to be untrue

Posted by Vince on FB

As most of you know I go to every Cardiff Game Home and Away.

I've been supporting the City since 1968 since the 80s I can count on one hand Racism slurs I've heard and the last one being West Ham away 2004.

Cardiff has been a cosmopolitan area since the 50s with many different cultures integrated into the city with no issue.

Homophobic chanting is very rare and I cannot recall the last time I heard Cardiff fans sing about it.

However what I do hear week in week out is nonsensical chanting anti english and anti welsh back and forth. Personally I believe it does nothing to support the team but Racial homophobic chanting it isn't.

Despite both sets of fans singing anti English anti welsh songs today, and shouting abuse at each other across the segregation line, Reading FC chose to accuse Cardiff city supporters of racism and homophobic insults by making an announcement aimed just at Cardiff city fans after two stewards made a complaint about anti English chanting. This is a slur on a football club who has NO recent history of racism or homophobia.

The stewards have been interviewed by the police and I believe there will be no arrests and no investigation.

Very disappointing

Club statement

Cardiff City Football Club is aware of the allegations made against visiting supporters at today’s FA Cup tie at Reading.

We will be speaking with Reading Football Club, Thames Valley Police and South Wales Police (in attendance with our travelling support) to ascertain the facts of the matter.

We will conduct these conversations with the relevant authorities before making any further comment.

Was there any Swansea connection on the pitch or Mark Bowen? Did the ‘you Jack B****d’ get chanted? I remember a good few years ago Crew fans mis hearing this when it was aimed at Rodney Jack (comically about his name) and accusations were made then.

As I said !!
    Welsh black gay it can all be classed as racist - grow up everyone far bigger things to worry about !!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Posted by Vince on FB

I've been supporting the City since 1968 since the 80s I can count on one hand Racism slurs I've heard and the last one being West Ham away 2004.

Cardiff has been a cosmopolitan area since the 50s with many different cultures integrated into the city with no issue.

Homophobic chanting is very rare and I cannot recall the last time I heard Cardiff fans sing about it.

However what I do hear week in week out is nonsensical chanting anti english and anti welsh back and forth. Personally I believe it does nothing to support the team but Racial homophobic chanting it isn't.

Despite both sets of fans singing anti English anti welsh songs today, and shouting abuse at each other across the segregation line, Reading FC chose to accuse Cardiff city supporters of racism and homophobic insults by making an announcement aimed just at Cardiff city fans after two stewards made a complaint about anti English chanting. This is a slur on a football club who has NO recent history of racism or homophobia.

The stewards have been interviewed by the police and I believe there will be no arrests and no investigation.

Very disappointing
    I think this is the right response

Prove it reading

about 2.000 maybe more maybe less i think there was 4000 of us there all i know it was loud,,, fans sang about adebayor... along the lines of his father is an elephant and mothers a whore...

that is direct abuse at a specific player... a black 1 at that, what happened then = nothing

hearing that announcement today was nothing short of embarrassing from reading...

Any fan singing that Hymns ‘n’ Aria parody should be locked up though in my opinion, daft, no funny, downright embarrassing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Any fan singing that Hymns ‘n’ Aria parody should be locked up though in my opinion, daft, no funny, downright embarrassing!!!
    That song really is appalling and portrays us in a very bad light

I even heard fans singing a Madeline McCann has been abducted by swanseas Portuguese manager ditty away at Leicester a few years back , bunch of wankers

Mark Bowen is from Neath. I’m sure he received the traditional welcome which may have been misheard.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Mark Bowen is from Neath. I’m sure he received the traditional welcome which may have been misheard.
    If it is that then it’s a fuss over nothing.

Let's not just dismiss it like it didn't happen. I think it's certainly possible that there could have been racist or homophobic abuse at the game today but it's very likely to have been an isolated incident by one or two people. We've got wrong uns just like any club.

To be fair, the only time I experienced it was in 95 away at the Northampton play off game so one occasion in 600+ games isn't too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Just got out of the ground.
    Heard nothing racist or homophobic at all.

If it was for anti English chanting then I hope that Cardiff lodge a complaint against anti welsh chanting as well.
    If it was for this then most away fans at our ground will be getting banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    There was nothing aimed at Mark Bowen

There was no racist or homophobic chanting - everybody around me was completely perplexed

There were the usual standard pooing on the English/welsh side of the bridge chants from the kids and a few sheep shagging songs back and forth

Honestly whoever complained should just withdraw from the human race as things are going to get far too rough for them out there if that upsets them

English/Welsh/Scots/Irish have for generations fought and died for each other for our country - they did it while calling each other Taffy/Paddy/Jock/Tommy and having banter about each others backgrounds.

I hate the term snowflake but whoever got upset about England run from Russia or pooing on that side of the brush needs help

Posted by Vince on FB

Very disappointing
    I haven’t always agreed with Vince but surely this puts to bed the thought we are a racist club .
    I have never heard it , one or two have heard an odd comment over a period of years ( unfortunately )
    Reading got it wrong today
    English bastards ....

My partner is English ...

Funny how we never get flagged up for potentially encouraging beastiality.

Apparently Reading have taken the words “racist” and “homophobic” out of their statement and replaced them with “discriminatory”.

It seems four people were interviewed over anti English chanting, homophobia doesn't even come into it. But thanks to Reading being quick to put an uninformed announcement over the PA we are seeing the national media inc the BBC post unproven headlines and worse, our own local media quick to look for the hits rather than the facts.

Nothing has been said about the Anti Welsh chanting coming in the other direction.

Reading's announcement to me seemed like a calculated move to dampen our support. And it had an effect. There was a noticeable change in the output from the away fans.

Apparently Reading have taken the words “racist” and “homophobic” out of their statement and replaced them with “discriminatory”.

It seems four people were interviewed over anti English chanting, homophobia doesn't even come into it. But thanks to Reading being quick to put an uninformed announcement over the PA we are seeing the national media inc the BBC post unproven headlines and worse, our own local media quick to look for the hits rather than the facts.

Nothing has been said about the Anti Welsh chanting coming in the other direction.

Reading's announcement to me seemed like a calculated move to dampen our support. And it had an effect. There was a noticeable change in the output from the away fans.
    Discriminatory is after the event, of course. Lots of anti football chants are discriminatory to a degree. It's banter. Do we get upset when we get accused of shagging sheep? No. I don't care. It brings back lots of great memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Discriminatory is after the event, of course. Lots of anti football chants are discriminatory to a degree. It's banter. Do we get upset when we get accused of shagging sheep? No. I don't care. It brings back lots of great memories.
    Memories of sheep ??

Any particular one stick out ??

I'm blame Brexit .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Memories of sheep ??

Any particular one stick out ??

I'm blame Brexit .
    After a while it's easy to find excuses for missing wellies.

Hope the city remove the local medias privileges for their ill-informed response to the allegations. If nothing comes of this, Reading have surely got to hold their hands up and say they got this one wrong, certainly looking that way.