Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 114

Thread: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

  1. #1
    CardiffCitySince1927
    Guest

    Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    There was a “Racism and Homophobia will not be tolerated” announcement on the Tanoy. Was it us or them?

  2. #2

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    There was a “Racism and Homophobia will not be tolerated” announcement on the Tanoy. Was it us or them?
    Clue was in the wording.

    "Racist and homophobic chanting from the away fans won't be tolerated"

  3. #3

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Clue was in the wording.

    "Racist and homophobic chanting from the away fans won't be tolerated"
    Does that mean it will be tolerated from the home fans

  4. #4

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    "I am told by the club there were two isolated incidents reported to stewards at the time. The club official said it was not anti-English chanting, they said it was for racist and homophobic chanting." from a BBC reporter.

    Either Reading are covering their asses or something happened. Reading will have to show receipts, though.

  5. #5

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    so loads going around...

    we have sang our usual renditions of "sheep shaggin barstuds we know who we are" and "you jack barstuds",,,

    could be that they missheard jack for black ?

    but what it got to do with jack black i dont know

  6. #6

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    The word "Jack" sounds like "black". Why they have to sing that is beyond me.

  7. #7

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    "I am told by the club there were two isolated incidents reported to stewards at the time. The club official said it was not anti-English chanting, they said it was for racist and homophobic chanting." from a BBC reporter.

    Either Reading are covering their asses or something happened. Reading will have to show receipts, though.
    2300 fans heard in an empty stadium singing anti English songs, I don't think it was racist or homophobic but I think they've looked to be proactive on a nothing incident because of the media attention some incidents (rightly) have gotten recently.

  8. #8

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Never ever heard one utterance of racial abuse at a Cardiff away game , I dont got to them all but I have been to enough.

  9. #9

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    The u jack bastards chant is often misread by home fans as racist

    However if any city fans were racially abusing opposing fans or players then I hope they are banned

  10. #10

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?



  11. #11

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Apparently there were two isolated incidents. It’s being investigated. Don’t know anything more.

  12. #12

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Apparently there were two isolated incidents. It’s being investigated. Don’t know anything more.
    Is the announcement made to every away set of fans, Pearcey?

  13. #13

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Just got out of the ground.
    Heard nothing racist or homophobic at all.

    If it was for anti English chanting then I hope that Cardiff lodge a complaint against anti welsh chanting as well.

  14. #14

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Never ever heard one utterance of racial abuse at a Cardiff away game , I dont got to them all but I have been to enough.
    Once in about 15 years did I see someone say something racist to someone working at the bar and a few people called him up on it.

  15. #15

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Apparently there were two isolated incidents. It’s being investigated. Don’t know anything more.
    I am going to stick my neck out and say no chance .

    I haven't even heard the kids smashed out of their trolleys next to me uttering anything remotely racist.

    It doesnt sound like Cardiff City Supporters.

  16. #16

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I am going to stick my neck out and say no chance .

    I haven't even heard the kids smashed out of their trolleys next to me uttering anything remotely racist.

    It doesnt sound like Cardiff City Supporters.
    I’d be disappointed if it did happen. I have certainly not ever heard anything like it at the many Wales games I have been to.

  17. #17

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Is the announcement made to every away set of fans, Pearcey?
    Nope. Never heard it stated over the tannoy.

  18. #18

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I am going to stick my neck out and say no chance .

    I haven't even heard the kids smashed out of their trolleys next to me uttering anything remotely racist.

    It doesnt sound like Cardiff City Supporters.
    I've heard racist shit down the City, One bloke shouting rag head at raheem sterling and i've heard Black c**** a couple of times although that's spread over 10 seasons. I had words with the bloke who was abusing sterling, he wanted to fight me. TLG pulled some racist city fans some years back at Charlton.

  19. #19

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Firstly nothing to do with today.

    I am going to put myself up to be shot at here .

    So , in a stadium with 80,000 people in it ,one wanker decides to use racism to vent his vitriol

    Next week in a 50,000 stadium another wanker repeats this .

    Does that mean the whole country is racist ?

    If a section of supporters chant something racist , identify them , ban them but dont make out every supporters is racist .

  20. #20

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Firstly nothing to do with today.

    I am going to put myself up to be shot at here .

    So , in a stadium with 80,000 people in it ,one wanker decides to use racism to vent his vitriol

    Next week in a 50,000 stadium another wanker repeats this .

    Does that mean the whole country is racist ?

    If a section of supporters chant something racist , identify them , ban them but dont make out every supporters is racist .
    Who accused a whole country of being racist?

  21. #21

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I've heard racist shit down the City, One bloke shouting rag head at raheem sterling and i've heard Black c**** a couple of times although that's spread over 10 seasons. I had words with the bloke who was abusing sterling, he wanted to fight me. TLG pulled some racist city fans some years back at Charlton.
    OK ,unacceptable , I have never heard anything like that . Hardly endemic racism.

    Do you think there is a chance we were chanting racist chants today ?

  22. #22

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Who accused a whole country of being racist?
    One person is getting the publicity . Is that fair representation?

  23. #23

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    One person is getting the publicity . Is that fair representation?
    I know what you mean, it could be interpreted as City fans being racist or a group being racist. Personally, i don't mind the announcement, it makes people aware that some wanker is shouting racist, Homophobic shit. The majority who aren't racist would probably be ok with it.

  24. #24

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    if it was 1 or 2 isolated incidents pointed out by stewards then deal with the 1 or 2 individuals not tell the whole of the away fans off for chanting...

  25. #25

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    OK ,unacceptable , I have never heard anything like that . Hardly endemic racism.

    Do you think there is a chance we were chanting racist chants today ?
    I don't think that we were chanting racist shit, that doesn't happen anymore in this country, it's the isolated stuff that's still kicking about, especially in games where we take a large away following and people have been on the piss. The homophobic stuff is still prevalent, blokes shouting poof at players who go down etc although it is isolated.

  26. #26

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think that we were chanting racist shit, that doesn't happen anymore in this country, it's the isolated stuff that's still kicking about, especially in games where we take a large away following and people have been on the piss. The homophobic stuff is still prevalent, blokes shouting poof at players who go down etc although it is isolated.
    Evens it was SHEEP SHAGGING BASTARDS .................

  27. #27

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Whilst cardiff city has never suffered the endemic racist abuse dished out by the likes of leeds millwall and birmingham city in the past , we have had isolated racist abuse at cardiff city

    You are just a town full of pakis ......at bradford city and Oldham fans , a city fan arrested at Scarborough for spitting on a black player , the black cambridge united captain getting the monkey chants in our seven two home defeat , bananas thrown at alex William's the black manchester city keeper


    In recent years racial abuse is hardly ever heard at cardiff but there are one or two idiots

  28. #28

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    This is from the Reading Supporters organisation. Comments suggest home fans being less than pure. I was there. All
    I saw / heard was the usual City songs about sheep Shaggers, shit on English side of bridge and anti jack songs. None of which I actually think are very good or encouraging

    It was quite lively in the away end but not aggressive or malicious. Lots of ‘banter’ between the two sets of fans.


  29. #29

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    Nothing was shout but if home fans shout you welsh bastards that allowed
    Wot is racist for reading to put that out is open to a massive claim by all city fans who were there ! They put the statement ou prove it

  30. #30

    Re: Racism and Homophobia announcement - Was it us?

    I am sure the club and the trust and the supporters club will be acting on these allegations and will clear the fans name if it proves to be untrue

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •