+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: harris on glatzel...

harris on glatzel...

rubbishes transfer claims

believes glatzel to be a "crucial" part of the squad moving forward...

"I don't want him to leave and there's nothing in those reports,"

wow

Re: harris on glatzel...

On another point, anything from 'Harris on transfers'?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post

wow
    you are joking! he was rubbish, get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    you are joking! he was rubbish, get rid of.
    He was rubbish today?

When they actually played the ball in the floor he looked good linking up bringing others into play, no good hoofing it up to his head as he's not that type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post

wow
    He said good things about Madine when he first arrived. It's just managerial spiel.

Glatzel was very good today.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He was rubbish today?

When they actually played the ball in the floor he looked good linking up bringing others into play, no good hoofing it up to his head as he's not that type of player.
    It's a Zohore moment all over again.

I think the only good thing about his game is his hold up play. His touch and finishing are not good. He doesn't seems to have a goal scorer's instinct or desire.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think the only good thing about his game is his hold up play. His touch and finishing are not good. He doesn't seems to have a goal scorer's instinct or desire.
    I agree. I’m sure he’s a good guy but how do you spend 5 or 6 million on a player they had showed no goalscoring prowess?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I agree. I’m sure he’s a good guy but how do you spend 5 or 6 million on a player they had showed no goalscoring prowess?
    See the previous answer about Madine.

I think it's worth noting that out and out strikers (and it's questionable whether one of those qualifies for that description) have scored just two goals for us at Cardiff City Stadium this season. Isaac Vassell and Danny Ward scored against Luton and Barnsley respectively and that's it. In my opinion, that pretty pathetic figure is not down to our strikers missing clear cut chances every game,it's more down to the lack of bodies we get into the opposition's penalty area when we attack from open play - our wingers hardly ever get into the sort of far post area where they should be when a cross comes from the opposite flank and, although Joe Ralls' injury absence hasn't helped in this respect, we don't have a box to box man in the Jordon Mutch mould.

I still think Glatzel will come good .
    He looks like a footballer , sometimes patience is required .
    A striker needs confidence , that comes with goals .

Agree with both Jimmy about Glatzel and Bob about the bodies we get forward and their positioning.
    We hear people complain about Pack as he doesn't always pass forward but you need to have a pass available too, which isn't always the case as the wingers runs aren't smart and there is no link up from the central midfield that I'd like to see make runs as it's easier for someone like pack to play the ball into a forward moving midfielder and link up play that way rather than looking for pack to play a ball forward with less chance of success..