Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales On Sunday putting the boot in

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wales On Sunday putting the boot in

Local media happy to have a pop now

Re: Wales On Sunday putting the boot in

I hope NH and club officials are seeing and remembering this as the shit stirring headline it is. I never visit the site and have not for a while now but this is so OTT it shows what WOL really think of the club and its fans. An isolated chant and all City fans are racists, thankfully we all know better.

What a slur on us,i have been going since 68 an never encountered City fans being racists in any way what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    What a slur on us,i have been going since 68 an never encountered City fans being racists in any way what so ever.
    Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Are you serious?
    Yes,why?

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I have.

Cardiff v Leeds (FA Cup) ... the one that started Leeds downfall.

Sitting in the 'family' section below the grandstand at Ninian.

Guy behind me racially abusing Rio Ferdinand as he hobbled off (expletives and monkey gestures).

Lots looked round and the guy made a swift exit, not to be seen again.

Reported his seat number to a steward.

That was an era, a relatively short time ago, when such abuse was commonplace across the country and the media didn't really give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Another pile of shhhhiiit that will have to apologise in the next few days

Hope it turns out to be nothing, they'll look rather stupid.

Strip them of their journalistic privileges. No interviews, no access to the facilities or staff, nothing. I hope the higher-ups at City write a formal complaint to the FA, the Football League and ask for a public apology from Reading FC, printed in their own programme.

What a ****ing face.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Another pile of shhhhiiit that will have to apologise in the next few days
    Won't stop damage being done to us collectively though.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Hope it turns out to be nothing, they'll look rather stupid.
    Doesn’t matter people who have bought, read and believed it won’t see any apology or retraction. The damage has been done.

Thankfully, it's something that has gradually reduced as time has passed. However, I find it genuinely amazing that any City fans of long standing claim to have never heard or witnessed racism at matches. As I said above, I've witnessed it countless times and have even been a victim of it on several occasions, although that was as far back as the Eighties and early-Nineties.

It's something that thankfully seems to be more and more rare, but it's still there. Indeed, the last time I witnessed any racism at a game was as recently as 2017 at Wolves when I heard a black steward being racially abused by a small group of young morons on their way out of the game.
    What race were you being accused of Dave ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The Human Race perhaps Tim, racists are another specie entirely. Tongue in cheek reply maybe, but nevertheless true.

Not read this excuse for a paper for years but I do recall that it goes into anti English overdrive come the rugby internationals, that’s banter though I suppose. Anti Welsh stuff in the media is pounced upon though. Are they still filling it with articles such as; ‘10 Negative Things About Wales’.....number one ‘You can smell England if you’re on the border etc etc’? Do they still claim that every celebrity is Welsh? Tenuous links such as ‘Nelson Mandela had Welsh heritage, Bryn mentioned him once in Gavin & Stacey? As a paper it’s not even tomorrow’s chip paper, there aren’t enough copies sold for a tanner’s worth!!

Pakistani. Frequently. My grandmother was Indian and my mother was apparently very dark-skinned (I've never met her, I was adopted at a few days old). I was a little darker-skinned myself when I was in my teens and early-twenties, and much more so during the summer months as I was always working outside as a roofer or a bricklayer back then. I got abused at City games, both verbally and physically, on lots of occasions during the Eighties and early-Nineties. The worst incident at a home game was when I was punched, kicked and spat at in the Bob Bank toilets at the Canton end before a pre-season friendly against Botofogo of Brazil (my older mates from Merthyr sorted that one out for me shortly afterwards), while the most uncomfortable away trip was a midweek League Cup match at Shrewsbury when I got stuck in the wrong carriage with a bunch of really nasty bastards. It was par for the course back then and to be honest it never really bothered me too much as I used to get plenty of back-up from my mates.

Pakistani. Frequently. My grandmother was Indian and my mother was apparently very dark-skinned (I've never met her, I was adopted at a few days old). I was a little darker-skinned myself when I was in my teens and early-twenties, and much more so during the summer months as I was always working outside as a roofer or a bricklayer back then. I got abused at City games, both verbally and physically, on lots of occasions during the Eighties and early-Nineties. The worst incident at a home game was when I was punched, kicked and spat at in the Bob Bank toilets at the Canton end before a pre-season friendly against Botofogo of Brazil (my older mates from Merthyr sorted that one out for me shortly afterwards), while the most uncomfortable away trip was a midweek League Cup match at Shrewsbury when I got stuck in the wrong carriage with a bunch of really nasty bastards. It was par for the course back then and to be honest it never really bothered me too much as I used to get plenty of back-up from my mates.
    That is a very horrible and vile thing to have encountered

Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Pathetic
    He's not having a go, Lawnmower has known TLG for years, both founding members of the Trust, and a Tidy bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Pathetic
    Eh ?
    It’s a genuine question.

I’ve known him for years and can’t see him as being any other race than white.

Am I just being naive ?

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Agreed, this doesn`t help, 4 arrested for alleged abuse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51251551
    They sang ‘Engerland is full of sh1t’.

This I’ve heard from both 1 who was detained and the father of another

Not a song I’ve got much time for, but surely not racially aggravated?

At the same time apparently a Reading fan was ejected for plane gestures, not seen anything in the media about this.

They sang ‘Engerland is full of sh1t’.

This I’ve heard from both 1 who was detained and the father of another

Not a song I’ve got much time for, but surely not racially aggravated?

At the same time apparently a Reading fan was ejected for plane gestures, not seen anything in the media about this.
    I don`t doubt for one minute your take on events any more than I doubt Readings dealing with the incident to be appropriate, that tannoy announcement for this incident seems pathetic to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    I don`t doubt for one minute your take on events any more than I doubt Readings dealing with the incident to be appropriate, that tannoy announcement for this incident seems pathetic to be fair.
    It’s only what I’m told.
    I’ve no reason to disbelieve it and surely if there was enough evidence to pull them out and detain them for 7-8 hours then they would have charged them.

Looks a horrendous over reaction / cock it to me and once again drags the name of our club through the mud.

Believe me, there will now be loads of people who will just brand us all as racists now even if at a later date it comes out that there was nothing racist about the incident at all.

These days mud sticks worse than ever.

This also probably doesn’t help the battle against racism either as it trivialises it and gives those who are racist a bit of an ‘excuse’ that the ‘ worlds gone mad’

It's not a huge problem at cardiff city but we have had incidents of racial abuse at the club

You're just a town full of pakis chanted at bradford city fans from the Grange end

Nazi salutes at the same game from some idiots on the Bob bank

You black **** shouted at a time wasting stoke city forward

A sizeable contingent of the grand stand shouting you black bastard at the cambridge united forward during a home hammering

It's there, most people are on top of these idiots , but it's there, albeit a very small isolated bunch at cardiff

As for the wales on sunday , complete bunch of losers

Thankfully, it's something that has gradually reduced as time has passed. However, I find it genuinely amazing that any City fans of long standing claim to have never heard or witnessed racism at matches. As I said above, I've witnessed it countless times and have even been a victim of it on several occasions, although that was as far back as the Eighties and early-Nineties.

It's something that thankfully seems to be more and more rare, but it's still there. Indeed, the last time I witnessed any racism at a game was as recently as 2017 at Wolves when I heard a black steward being racially abused by a small group of young morons on their way out of the game.
    I suspect that if you truly reflected on your teenage years as a fan that you were a ‘follower’ and the narcissistic mask of perfection you’ve created for yourself over the years may have slipped at one point in those formative years.