+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wales On Sunday putting the boot in

Wales On Sunday putting the boot in

Local media happy to have a pop now

Re: Wales On Sunday putting the boot in

Hope it turns out to be nothing, they'll look rather stupid.

I hope NH and club officials are seeing and remembering this as the shit stirring headline it is. I never visit the site and have not for a while now but this is so OTT it shows what WOL really think of the club and its fans. An isolated chant and all City fans are racists, thankfully we all know better.

What a slur on us,i have been going since 68 an never encountered City fans being racists in any way what so ever.

Strip them of their journalistic privileges. No interviews, no access to the facilities or staff, nothing. I hope the higher-ups at City write a formal complaint to the FA, the Football League and ask for a public apology from Reading FC, printed in their own programme.

What a ****ing face.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    What a slur on us,i have been going since 68 an never encountered City fans being racists in any way what so ever.
    Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Are you serious?
    Yes,why?

Yes,why?
    I find such a claim utterly astonishing.

I don't for a minute believe there was any racist chanting at Reading yesterday. Sounds like utter nonsense to me. However, since the mid-Seventies when I began following City, I've encountered racism at City matches on countless occasions.

I don't for a minute believe there was any racist chanting at Reading yesterday. Sounds like utter nonsense to me. However, since the mid-Seventies when I began following City, I've encountered racism at City matches on countless occasions.
    In fairness, I've never heard anything from City fans, but I guess individual experiences etc. I don't doubt that there are occasional isolated incidents, like there will be at every club around the world, unfortunately.

I have however heard racism at one Wales game, which sticks out so much as I've never heard racism at a football match prior to that and since. Don't doubt it happens, but I also, have never heard any City fans being racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    In fairness, I've never heard anything from City fans, but I guess individual experiences etc. I don't doubt that there are occasional isolated incidents, like there will be at every club around the world, unfortunately.

I have however heard racism at one Wales game, which sticks out so much as I've never heard racism at a football match prior to that and since. Don't doubt it happens, but I also, have never heard any City fans being racist.
    Thankfully, it's something that has gradually reduced as time has passed. However, I find it genuinely amazing that any City fans of long standing claim to have never heard or witnessed racism at matches. As I said above, I've witnessed it countless times and have even been a victim of it on several occasions, although that was as far back as the Eighties and early-Nineties.

It's something that thankfully seems to be more and more rare, but it's still there. Indeed, the last time I witnessed any racism at a game was as recently as 2017 at Wolves when I heard a black steward being racially abused by a small group of young morons on their way out of the game.

All the lads went home and away with were from different ethnic groups we had a great mix of colour.Still see a few of them now.J ammo came in the canton x recently.

Yes,why?
    The thing is Jeeps. Racism does exist in every avenue of life as disgusting as it is. Racists do attend football matches at Every club because its a breeding ground for the far right and their poison. On the positive side I don`t think the City has ever had the racist tones of Millwall, Chelsea, West Ham or Swansea Town in fact I remember vividly racist chants on The Grange End as far back as the 60`s being shouted and slapped down and scraps taking place to end it. On the whole City fans are and have always been better than that, long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    The thing is Jeeps. Racism does exist in every avenue of life as disgusting as it is. Racists do attend football matches at Every club because its a breeding ground for the far right and their poison. On the positive side I don`t think the City has ever had the racist tones of Millwall, Chelsea, West Ham or Swansea Town in fact I remember vividly racist chants on The Grange End as far back as the 60`s being shouted and slapped down and scraps taking place to end it. On the whole City fans are and have always been better than that, long may it continue.
    I wonder if its because i went with a mix of lads i never came across it.It is a horrid thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Another pile of shhhhiiit that will have to apologise in the next few days

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Another pile of shhhhiiit that will have to apologise in the next few days
    Won't stop damage being done to us collectively though.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Hope it turns out to be nothing, they'll look rather stupid.
    Doesn’t matter people who have bought, read and believed it won’t see any apology or retraction. The damage has been done.

Thankfully, it's something that has gradually reduced as time has passed. However, I find it genuinely amazing that any City fans of long standing claim to have never heard or witnessed racism at matches. As I said above, I've witnessed it countless times and have even been a victim of it on several occasions, although that was as far back as the Eighties and early-Nineties.

It's something that thankfully seems to be more and more rare, but it's still there. Indeed, the last time I witnessed any racism at a game was as recently as 2017 at Wolves when I heard a black steward being racially abused by a small group of young morons on their way out of the game.
    What race were you being accused of Dave ?

I wonder if its because i went with a mix of lads i never came across it.It is a horrid thing.
    Agreed, this doesn`t help, 4 arrested for alleged abuse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51251551

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Pathetic

The Human Race perhaps Tim, racists are another specie entirely. Tongue in cheek reply maybe, but nevertheless true.

Not read this excuse for a paper for years but I do recall that it goes into anti English overdrive come the rugby internationals, that’s banter though I suppose. Anti Welsh stuff in the media is pounced upon though. Are they still filling it with articles such as; ‘10 Negative Things About Wales’.....number one ‘You can smell England if you’re on the border etc etc’? Do they still claim that every celebrity is Welsh? Tenuous links such as ‘Nelson Mandela had Welsh heritage, Bryn mentioned him once in Gavin & Stacey? As a paper it’s not even tomorrow’s chip paper, there aren’t enough copies sold for a tanner’s worth!!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Pathetic
    Eh ?
    It’s a genuine question.

I’ve known him for years and can’t see him as being any other race than white.

Am I just being naive ?

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Agreed, this doesn`t help, 4 arrested for alleged abuse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51251551
    They sang ‘Engerland is full of sh1t’.

This I’ve heard from both 1 who was detained and the father of another

Not a song I’ve got much time for, but surely not racially aggravated?

At the same time apparently a Reading fan was ejected for plane gestures, not seen anything in the media about this.

They sang ‘Engerland is full of sh1t’.

This I’ve heard from both 1 who was detained and the father of another

Not a song I’ve got much time for, but surely not racially aggravated?

At the same time apparently a Reading fan was ejected for plane gestures, not seen anything in the media about this.
    I don`t doubt for one minute your take on events any more than I doubt Readings dealing with the incident to be appropriate, that tannoy announcement for this incident seems pathetic to be fair.