+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wales On Sunday putting the boot in

Re: Wales On Sunday putting the boot in

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    I don`t doubt for one minute your take on events any more than I doubt Readings dealing with the incident to be appropriate, that tannoy announcement for this incident seems pathetic to be fair.
    It’s only what I’m told.
    I’ve no reason to disbelieve it and surely if there was enough evidence to pull them out and detain them for 7-8 hours then they would have charged them.

Looks a horrendous over reaction / cock it to me and once again drags the name of our club through the mud.

Believe me, there will now be loads of people who will just brand us all as racists now even if at a later date it comes out that there was nothing racist about the incident at all.

These days mud sticks worse than ever.

This also probably doesn’t help the battle against racism either as it trivialises it and gives those who are racist a bit of an ‘excuse’ that the ‘ worlds gone mad’

It's not a huge problem at cardiff city but we have had incidents of racial abuse at the club

You're just a town full of pakis chanted at bradford city fans from the Grange end

Nazi salutes at the same game from some idiots on the Bob bank

You black **** shouted at a time wasting stoke city forward

A sizeable contingent of the grand stand shouting you black bastard at the cambridge united forward during a home hammering

It's there, most people are on top of these idiots , but it's there, albeit a very small isolated bunch at cardiff

As for the wales on sunday , complete bunch of losers

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Thankfully, it's something that has gradually reduced as time has passed. However, I find it genuinely amazing that any City fans of long standing claim to have never heard or witnessed racism at matches. As I said above, I've witnessed it countless times and have even been a victim of it on several occasions, although that was as far back as the Eighties and early-Nineties.

It's something that thankfully seems to be more and more rare, but it's still there. Indeed, the last time I witnessed any racism at a game was as recently as 2017 at Wolves when I heard a black steward being racially abused by a small group of young morons on their way out of the game.
    I suspect that if you truly reflected on your teenage years as a fan that you were a ‘follower’ and the narcissistic mask of perfection you’ve created for yourself over the years may have slipped at one point in those formative years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Eh ?
    It’s a genuine question.

I’ve known him for years and can’t see him as being any other race than white.

Am I just being naive ?
    Hes mixed race

And very ugly

I find such a claim utterly astonishing.

I don't for a minute believe there was any racist chanting at Reading yesterday. Sounds like utter nonsense to me. However, since the mid-Seventies when I began following City, I've encountered racism at City matches on countless occasions.
    Individual experience 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's not a huge problem at cardiff city but we have had incidents of racial abuse at the club

You're just a town full of pakis chanted at bradford city fans from the Grange end

Nazi salutes at the same game from some idiots on the Bob bank

You black **** shouted at a time wasting stoke city forward

A sizeable contingent of the grand stand shouting you black bastard at the cambridge united forward during a home hammering

It's there, most people are on top of these idiots , but it's there, albeit a very small isolated bunch at cardiff

As for the wales on sunday , complete bunch of losers
    Agree Sludge. In the past it has been bad. It’s much better now. The last incident I saw was on one of our coaches about 8-9 years ago when one idiot was banging on windows and shouting racist shit at people on the way back from an away in the West Midlands. I told him to stop immediately or I’d throw him off and let the irate locals deal with him. Not had anything since.

Not to say there’s never anything, as there may be anywhere, but yesterday’s incident wasn’t over race, but a slur on England.

I don’t think this one is going to go away for a while.

Hes mixed race

And very ugly
    First one, that’s a surprise, really..

Second .. well so am I 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    In fairness, I've never heard anything from City fans, but I guess individual experiences etc. I don't doubt that there are occasional isolated incidents, like there will be at every club around the world, unfortunately.

I have however heard racism at one Wales game, which sticks out so much as I've never heard racism at a football match prior to that and since. Don't doubt it happens, but I also, have never heard any City fans being racist.
    I have heard and seen city fans indulging in racist behaviour

One disgusting incident was at Scarborough when a city fan went up to the fence where a black player was warming up , called him over , called him a " runner" and spat in his face

I waited until half time , went to a copper , pointed him out and he said dont worry you are the tenth cardiff fan to point this guy out , and the old bill arrested him on the way out of the ground

The truth is we do have the odd idiot but the overwhelming majority of city fans wont have it

The anti-English stuff is frustratingly stupid, regardless of whether or not its related to this incident, singing it shows a complete lack of either education, narrow mindedness or both.

Our club was founded by an Englishman, is managed by an Englishman, has mainly English players and competes in English leagues.

The fact that the majority of people in society are unwilling or unable to think beyond superficial level is alarming. This also applies to politics too.

^ Mods, please delete my post. I put it in the wrong thread.

What race were you being accused of Dave ?
    Pakistani. Frequently. My grandmother was Indian and my mother was apparently very dark-skinned (I've never met her, I was adopted at a few days old). I was a little darker-skinned myself when I was in my teens and early-twenties, and much more so during the summer months as I was always working outside as a roofer or a bricklayer back then. I got abused at City games, both verbally and physically, on lots of occasions during the Eighties and early-Nineties. The worst incident at a home game was when I was punched, kicked and spat at in the Bob Bank toilets at the Canton end before a pre-season friendly against Botofogo of Brazil (my older mates from Merthyr sorted that one out for me shortly afterwards), while the most uncomfortable away trip was a midweek League Cup match at Shrewsbury when I got stuck in the wrong carriage with a bunch of really nasty bastards. It was par for the course back then and to be honest it never really bothered me too much as I used to get plenty of back-up from my mates.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I suspect that if you truly reflected on your teenage years as a fan that you were a ‘follower’ and the narcissistic mask of perfection you’ve created for yourself over the years may have slipped at one point in those formative years.
    I'm sure that sounds impressive to you, but I haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

One disgusting incident was at Scarborough when a city fan went up to the fence where a black player was warming up , called him over , called him a " runner" and spat in his face

I waited until half time , went to a copper , pointed him out and he said dont worry you are the tenth cardiff fan to point this guy out , and the old bill arrested him on the way out of the ground

The truth is we do have the odd idiot but the overwhelming majority of city fans wont have it
    You have a very balanced view Sludge...

As a kid I remember standing near the fence on the Bob Bank and seeing 3 other kids a little younger than me running towards the fence making monkey actions and chants when a black winger was close to the touch line. The thing that sticks with me most from that incident and still does 35+ years later is that one of these kids was black.

I'm sure that sounds impressive to you, but I haven't got a clue what you're talking about.
    It’s ok. I’m sorry I posted it anyway.

Pakistani. Frequently. My grandmother was Indian and my mother was apparently very dark-skinned (I've never met her, I was adopted at a few days old). I was a little darker-skinned myself when I was in my teens and early-twenties, and much more so during the summer months as I was always working outside as a roofer or a bricklayer back then. I got abused at City games, both verbally and physically, on lots of occasions during the Eighties and early-Nineties. The worst incident at a home game was when I was punched, kicked and spat at in the Bob Bank toilets at the Canton end before a pre-season friendly against Botofogo of Brazil (my older mates from Merthyr sorted that one out for me shortly afterwards), while the most uncomfortable away trip was a midweek League Cup match at Shrewsbury when I got stuck in the wrong carriage with a bunch of really nasty bastards. It was par for the course back then and to be honest it never really bothered me too much as I used to get plenty of back-up from my mates.
    That is a very horrible and vile thing to have encountered

During the first season at the new stadium I had several arguments with a group of morons sat behind me, two of who would frequently bellow racist abuse at opposition players. It got really bad about seven or eight games into the season when City were playing QPR or Palace (I forget which). On that occasion the abuse was even more disgusting than usual. I intended to contact the club about it, but in the event the stadium manager contacted me, said he'd received several complaints about the people behind me and asked me to identify the offenders (he sent me photos of them from the club's database). I did so, the two worst of them were immediately banned and two others received written warnings. They either moved seats or stopped going soon afterwards.

In the other thread Tuerto mentioned a game at Charlton during the Dave Jones era where I was involved in an altercation with the guys behind us who were continually racially abusing Charlton's Chinese midfielder. That was a really bad day. One of the clowns got very aggressive.

I honestly can't say I've heard racist chanting of any sort at a City game since the 90's, but I've heard plenty of racist comments aimed at players (Including some of our own), stewards, shop owners, etc, since then. Thankfully, such incidents have become more and more isolated, but they undoubtedly still happen from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Pathetic
    He's not having a go, Lawnmower has known TLG for years, both founding members of the Trust, and a Tidy bloke.

Heisenberg

There were loads of fans singing "Go back to your corner shops" when we played at Old Trafford in the PL (not last season). The abuse somehow continued on the coach as we were leaving the stadium. Lost count of the times I heard the word 'P*ki' on that trip.

Almost got beaten up at Craven Cottage in the same season for trying to stop some of our fans from racially abusing a barman wearing a turban. They were calling him a terrorist and other things that are usually aimed at Muslims. They didn't like me intervening... And got a lot more upset when I pointed out that the barman was a Sikh.

Are Cardiff City fans racist? No. Does Cardiff City have racist fans? Yes.

During the first season at the new stadium I had several arguments with a group of morons sat behind me, two of who would frequently bellow racist abuse at opposition players. It got really bad about seven or eight games into the season when City were playing QPR or Palace (I forget which). On that occasion the abuse was even more disgusting than usual. I intended to contact the club about it, but in the event the stadium manager contacted me, said he'd received several complaints about the people behind me and asked me to identify the offenders (he sent me photos of them from the club's database). I did so, the two worst of them were immediately banned and two others received written warnings. They either moved seats or stopped going soon afterwards.

In the other thread Tuerto mentioned a game at Charlton during the Dave Jones era where I was involved in an altercation with the guys behind us who were continually racially abusing Charlton's Chinese midfielder. That was a really bad day. One of the clowns got very aggressive.

I honestly can't say I've heard racist chanting of any sort at a City game since the 90's, but I've heard plenty of racist comments aimed at players (Including some of our own), stewards, shop owners, etc, since then. Thankfully, such incidents have become more and more isolated, but they undoubtedly still happen from time to time.
    I had a go at an idiot racially abusing an opposition player a few years back , confrontation is not nice but sometimes you have to do it

And on a coach , supporters club coach , from bridgend against Coventry away at their old ground , as soon as we entered an asian area several lads started banging on the windows at people on the streets , I told them to shut it and a fellow city fan said leave them alone they are only having a bit of fun so I told him to **** off as well , it's only a few idiots but they are a pain in the arse

Wow. Never would have thought that.

That abuse is beserk.
    Sorry to hear you had to put up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's not having a go, Lawnmower has known TLG for years, both founding members of the Trust, and a Tidy bloke.
    Cheers Dan, and I’m sure if I had been then Dave would have been more than able to stick up for himself on here 🙂

Cheers Dan, and I’m sure if I had been then Dave would have been more than able to stick up for himself on here ��
    Don't you know it

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Don't you know it
    I’ve only just put the dictionary away after the last time 😂

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    What a slur on us,i have been going since 68 an never encountered City fans being racists in any way what so ever.
    I have.

Cardiff v Leeds (FA Cup) ... the one that started Leeds downfall.

Sitting in the 'family' section below the grandstand at Ninian.

Guy behind me racially abusing Rio Ferdinand as he hobbled off (expletives and monkey gestures).

Lots looked round and the guy made a swift exit, not to be seen again.

Reported his seat number to a steward.

That was an era, a relatively short time ago, when such abuse was commonplace across the country and the media didn't really give a shit.

Cheers Dan, and I’m sure if I had been then Dave would have been more than able to stick up for himself on here 🙂
    It’s just Croesy Blue. Always looking to get offended on behalf of others.