+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Todays performance?

Todays performance?

I thought we played some decent passing football at times today.
    It didnt feel like watching warnock ball..
    Few creative players and a decent striker and we will be a much better side

Re: Todays performance?

Or just a striker. ONe can that hit the target. Woud have made a huge difference today.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I watched on a dodgy stream on my phone and without any sound, and though the same.

Then I read that Reading fielded a far from full strength side.

Would that explain it, and that they had a player sent off towards the end, or were we improved, even after Ralls went off?

We seemed to be moving the ball more quickly.

It was promising! The players definitely haven't given up. Probably spurred on by the fantastic support.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    It was promising! The players definitely haven't given up. Probably spurred on by the fantastic support.
    Well that is good to hear.

I still don’t know how Bamba missed from less than 2 yards out 🙈

I only listened to the first half before watching the second, so maybe it was different then, but the impression I got was that, apart from Bamba's "miss of the century", finishing was not really the problem - our final ball was poor most of the time and, no matter who it was taking our free kicks or corners, they had trouble getting their deliveries beyond the first man.

Played quite well , and this without Tomlin and Hoillet too.

Bamba, Glatzel and Murphy seemed to struggle though.

Vaulks had a very good game.

Hope Ralls is OK, he made a difference today and Paterson may have done enough to start next week.

Flint was decent as well. Another assist ( 2 if Bamba had scored), means Morrison and Nelson need to stay on their game.

Weaknesses at right back , wing and centre forward nor really solved though.

Things went downhill after Ralls went off but picked up towards the end after the sending off and when Hoillet came on for Murphy.

Watched it on 'stream'. We weren't up against much yet couldn't really find a footballing way through them. Long balls into the box, throw ins, corners, but our players lack the pace,skill and guile that's needed at this level. Things seem to slow down when Ralls went on [and Pack came on]. People talk of us needing a striker but for me it's midfield that should be the overriding priority..

Pack isn't it though is he? Either passes the ball slowly or to the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Watched it on 'stream'. We weren't up against much yet couldn't really find a footballing way through them. Long balls into the box, throw ins, corners, but our players lack the pace,skill and guile that's needed at this level. Things seem to slow down when Ralls went on [and Pack came on]. People talk of us needing a striker but for me it's midfield that should be the overriding priority..
    Seems we’ve hardly been able to play our best midfield of Ralls, Pack and Tomlin.

Vaulks is settling in and Bacuna is OK.

I’m more concerned about our total lack of threat out wide and our lack of a quality striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Played quite well , and this without Tomlin and Hoillet too.

Bamba, Glatzel and Murphy seemed to struggle though.

Vaulks had a very good game.

Hope Ralls is OK, he made a difference today and Paterson may have done enough to start next week.

Flint was decent as well. Another assist ( 2 if Bamba had scored), means Morrison and Nelson need to stay on their game.

Weaknesses at right back , wing and centre forward nor really solved though.
    I thought Glatzel had a good game today. Apart from one missed header I thought he did really well. After the game my son and both agreed he was MOM - just - from Patterson

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Pack isn't it though is he? Either passes the ball slowly or to the other team.
    I’ve said it before: he slows the game down too much and passes backwards and sideways. That is his immediate instinct when he gets the ball.

That is fine if you build the team around a CDM but you need 2 other Joe Ralls type players next to him to accommodate Pack. Otherwise the is almost no dynamism or pace in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    I thought Glatzel had a good game today. Apart from one missed header I thought he did really well. After the game my son and both agreed he was MOM - just - from Patterson
    Just didn’t think he was any threat against another inexperienced defence ( like Swansea) he failed to have any impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Just didn’t think he was any threat against another inexperienced defence ( like Swansea) he failed to have any impact.
    Yeah, I desperately want him to succeed and he has some nice touches but he needs to be taking advantage of playing against what are pretty mediocre defences. (as should the rest of the team obvs! But him more so as we paid good money for him and he IS a striker....)

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Having just seen the highlights I agree, looked lively.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I watched on a dodgy stream on my phone and without any sound, and though the same.

Then I read that Reading fielded a far from full strength side.

Would that explain it, and that they had a player sent off towards the end, or were we improved, even after Ralls went off?

We seemed to be moving the ball more quickly.
    We made 7 changes they made 11

Let's not beat out own team up when it was also not at full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We made 7 changes they made 11

Let's not beat out own team up when it was also not at full strength.
    I read somewhere that there team was full of academy players, but maybe that was wrong.

Ours was full of first team players for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I read somewhere that there team was full of academy players, but maybe that was wrong.

Ours was full of first team players for sure.
    Bench.