+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your Ethnicity?

Re: What's your Ethnicity?

I am Welsh. Born and bred in Cardiff.
    I think we’d all be surprised if we looked into our ancestry.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    This business at Reading has got me curious, and I can't remember a time where it has been discussed on here.

I define myself as White British.
    Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That’s my question, is anyone who is born in any of the British Isles British? I’d have thought so. A native of the Republic is British, by the fact that they’re from one of the British Isles. Perhaps it’s not to a lot of them their liking, much the same as we’ll still be Europeans after next Friday whether Farage’s lot like it or not.
    Yes, anyone who is born Britain is British (Ireland is a British island but not part of Britain, hence the United Kingdom of Britain and Northern Ireland), but they might choose to call themselves Welsh or English or Scottish or Manx or Cornish etc

I was born and brought up in England by English parents, one with roots in Devon, Somerset and Cornwall and one with roots in Shropshire, Cheshire and the north east. But I have lived in Cardiff for 32 years now (out of 58), have supported City and Wales for most of that time. Can I be Welsh please?

Celtic. Welsh with Manx Scots Irish mixed in

English, Irish and Lithuanian.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    My Dad's side are Canadian and German. Mother's side English and Irish mix. I was born in St David's Hospital so I am Welsh.

What do I win?
    Hopefully, an independent, democratic republic member of the EU. Hey, you never know.

In which case you have to watch the film... money back guarantee