+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: Shrewsbury 2 - 2 Liverpool

Re: Shrewsbury

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Pen was a free kick for me.

Mind you that own goal was unlucky

Was going to put a small bet on Shrewsbury before the game, mentioned it to the lads from work but we aren't near any sort of bookies, stuck at a hotel in the services ��
    Didn't you know that you can bet online these days?

Re: FT: Shrewsbury 2 - 2 Liverpool

A classic FA Cup tie - Premiership leaders versus League 1. City players could learn a lesson in commitment and work rate from that game!

Reminded me of Leeds vs Sunderland (1973), one of my all-time favourite games. Don Revie's top of the league Leeds vs Bob Stokoe's 2nd division Sunderland in the Cup Final. If you get a chance to watch it on DVD, take it. Edge of the seat stuff.

Leeds vs Sunderland 1973:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PpW0oH10Zw

The fouling is incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    A classic FA Cup tie - Premiership leaders versus League 1. City players could learn a lesson in commitment and work rate from that game!

Reminded me of Leeds vs Sunderland (1973), one of my all-time favourite games. Don Revie's top of the league Leeds vs Bob Stokoe's 2nd division Sunderland in the Cup Final. If you get a chance to watch it on DVD, take it. Edge of the seat stuff.
    I remember another FA Cup game when Leeds were top of the league.

Leeds vs Sunderland 1973:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PpW0oH10Zw

The fouling is incredible!
    Christ no wonder so many elderly folk have poor eyesight, the state of that quality

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I remember another FA Cup game when Leeds were top of the league.
    Me too! I was there and didn't think my heart could take it!

O'Leary was arrogant but Revie's arrogance was in a different league.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Christ no wonder so many elderly folk have poor eyesight, the state of that quality
    Yes, not good. Best watch it on small screen rather than full screen!

Me too! I was there and didn't think my heart could take it!

O'Leary was arrogant but Revie's arrogance was in a different league.
    My aged father in law was there with me and my son, standing on the Bob Bank, I wondered if he could take it, he was more used to sitting in the back of the Bob

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Didn't you know that you can bet online these days?
    Had no idea.

I suppose to do that I'd have to enter my bank details into a bookies website right? And have the temptation of being able to bet at the drop of a hat, sounds great, got any websites I can sign up to to lose all my money?

That 1973 game is the first FA Cup final I can remember watching. It was at someone else's house. I suppose we didn't watch football at our house. Until after that. Jim Montgomery. Legend. What a day he had. I remember the "double save".

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That 1973 game is the first FA Cup final I can remember watching. It was at someone else's house. I suppose we didn't watch football at our house. Until after that. Jim Montgomery. Legend. What a day he had. I remember the "double save".
    Oh yes the double save - incredible stuff. Also I remember the team carrying Bob Stokoe around the pitch after the game, what an atmosphere. Funnily enough I was not at home either. I was watching it in my wife's grandmother's house and I frightened the life out of the old girl when I jumped up and yelled when they scored. I remember she gave me that classic "what on earth is wrong with you" look which only anyone who is not in the least bit interested in football could give!