+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paterson and the rest of this squad

Paterson and the rest of this squad

Paterson is more than capable of leading the line , hes a useful player at this level

As for the rest of the squad they are lacking confidence and with a bit of luck and a few breaks we are more than capable of going on a bit of a run

Come on city

Re: Paterson and the rest of this squad

I would like him being given the number 9 shirt for the rest of the season , we have nothing to lose now , we are safe from relegation and with a bit of passion and fight could grab a play off place

He can't trap a ball under control and doesn't move like a striker.

Cue comments on Glatzel we've heard a million times complete with laughing smileys.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He can't trap a ball under control and doesn't move like a striker.

Cue comments on Glatzel we've heard a million times complete with laughing smileys.
    Sorry , I have said this before , this post wasnt meant for you as I gave up talking to you a long time ago , feel free to contribute to my threads or reply to any of my comments on the board but you will be wasting your time if you think I am going to respond or even read your posts , hope this clears things up

So basically you're posting the same post as before, which was fishing if ever I've seen it, bit you're now also complaining about who responds to your double post which is, in all honesty, another attention seeker as your last 45 submitted posts have ended up in the other forum with all the other rubbish

Glad we cleared that up.

Hes a canny frontman , thankfully he doesn't dive as much as bothroyd but he holds the ball up well

If we could get Danny ward or one of the others to click , you never know

Paterson is a bricklaying hodder in disguise....prove me wrong

He looked good getting into the box at the right times the season we went up.

Yes he's big and can head the ball but also falls to the floor too easily.

He can't control the ball, and won't get into the positions you'd expect from a striker so we lessen the chance of one on one situations or even a fox in the box moment, we are literally giving in to hoofing and hoping if he is our striker.
    Worked to a degree in the PL but should never be an option in a division we should be a threat in, it's basically saying "we know we can't keep the ball so we'll hit and hope for some flukey goal"

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Paterson is a bricklaying hodder in disguise....prove me wrong
    Well he nips in with his fair shair of goals when hes given his chance

What more do you want

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well he nips in with his fair shair of goals when hes given his chance

What more do you want
    ummm! a real striker.
    Someone that runs straight into the box causing havoc and who doesn't have a flat top

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I would like him being given the number 9 shirt for the rest of the season , we have nothing to lose now , we are safe from relegation and with a bit of passion and fight could grab a play off place
    Glatzel and Paterson between them, if you took the best of both, may be ok, but both are lacking in different ways, but overall Patterson is the slightly better option as he has a better goal ratio!

The state of our squad when a player bought as a right back has played and is being touted as out best striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Glatzel and Paterson between them, if you took the best of both, may be ok, but both are lacking in different ways, but overall Patterson is the slightly better option as he has a better goal ratio!
    Paterson this season.

30 appearances 3 goals.

Glatzel this season, first in the league.

22 games 4 goals.

Haven't got time to check the minutes played but I'm sure someone will post them, perhaps they make patersons stats better than glatzels.

Paterson this season.

30 appearances 3 goals.

22 games 4 goals.

Haven't got time to check the minutes played but I'm sure someone will post them, perhaps they make patersons stats better than glatzels.
    Have a guess as to which player has more minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Have a guess as to which player has more minutes
    The obvious guess would be Glatzel, but I doubt there's much in the .whaterer gap it is between their averages and one hasn't had a year at this level and the PL the season before he's come straight into a league that's completely new, if anything Paterson is performing below what we know he is capable of, and we have Tomlin who is better in Patersons best position behind the striker...

I would strike a happy medium and play Glatzel in the first half and Paterson in the second and tell both whoever scores the most gets half million bonus, much cheaper than forking out another 6 million on a unproven striker.

Paterson this season.

30 appearances 3 goals.

22 games 4 goals.

As I've mentioned before, Glatzels's goals have all come away from home. At home, he's never looked convincing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    The state of our squad when a player bought as a right back has played and is being touted as out best striker.
    Chris Sutton was a centre back before becoming one of the best strikers in the Premier League for a while. James Collins was a striker before becoming a great centre back.

Means nowt.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Chris Sutton was a centre back before becoming one of the best strikers in the Premier League for a while. James Collins was a striker before becoming a great centre back.

Means nowt.
    In the youth teams

Paterson is 25

Sutton played half a season in the first division for Norwich as a defender. He was thrown up front in an emergency, did rather well and kept the shirt. I seem to remember Oldham had a defender around the same time who did something similar.

Sutton played half a season in the first division for Norwich as a defender. He was thrown up front in an emergency, did rather well and kept the shirt. I seem to remember Oldham had a defender around the same time who did something similar.
    Ian Marshall.

As I've mentioned before, Glatzels's goals have all come away from home. At home, he's never looked convincing at all.
    2 of patersons 3 have come in the cup as well, against Reading and Carlisle.

I remember the headline early 90's I think , bit of a old bruiser .

I think a few big lumpy strikers started out as centre halves back in the day , due to their ability in the air and physical presence .

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Ian Marshall.
    That's the guy. Ended up going up front despite all the goals from Andy Ritchie and Frankie Bunn.