+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paterson and the rest of this squad

Re: Paterson and the rest of this squad

I've seldom seen a player put himself about like Paterson did tonight. The balls he didnt get to he made a real nuisance of himself for. Outstanding effort. He should definitely start up front ahead of Glatzel. What is it with him? He can't seem to be able to get off the ground.

Paterson is one of those players who could develop into an extremely useful utility player for cardiff city , I think he could play at centre back if pushed , right back , midfield or , as present , up front

Hes a real handful when he stops messing about and stays on his feet and when he puts himself about he can cause real problems for defenders freeing up space for the likes of tomlin to exploit

Hes a cardiff city player , as are all the squad and we should back them , not slag them off as unfit , useless etc

Clearly some of this squad are surplus to requirement and will have to be moved on but unless they are going on the piss , snorting drugs or simply not trying when given the shirt , they deserve our backing

Last night they proved a point , let's hope we can all stick together and get the best out of what we have

Bluebirds

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I've seldom seen a player put himself about like Paterson did tonight. The balls he didnt get to he made a real nuisance of himself for. Outstanding effort. He should definitely start up front ahead of Glatzel. What is it with him? He can't seem to be able to get off the ground.
    He was outstanding , a great effort

As for glatzel , somethings not working , I would love to see him bag a Netful of goals but I think it's probably best he is moved on , unless harris wants to stick with him and give him confidence

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Fecking have it

Well done paterson

Well done city

Some sore faces on here tonight

Get behind the team ya silly sods
    My face isn't sore because a player people are calling to play ST scored as a 10

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    My face isn't sore because a player people are calling to play ST scored as a 10
    Play him and Tomlin as a front 2, much more effective than Glatzel. Doesn't have to be a traditional number 9 but since we've got no one who plays that role well anyway Paterson offers more of a threat as a forward than anyone else we have.

Your argument is all well and good if we have a good number 9 at the club but we don't.

Paterson would score more goals than Glatzel, Ward and Madine in this side.

Croessy for a bright lad it's taking you some time to click on to the fact I've got you on ignore

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Paterson is one of those players who could develop into an extremely useful utility player for cardiff city , I think he could play at centre back if pushed , right back , midfield or , as present , up front

Hes a real handful when he stops messing about and stays on his feet and when he puts himself about he can cause real problems for defenders freeing up space for the likes of tomlin to exploit

Hes a cardiff city player , as are all the squad and we should back them , not slag them off as unfit , useless etc

Clearly some of this squad are surplus to requirement and will have to be moved on but unless they are going on the piss , snorting drugs or simply not trying when given the shirt , they deserve our backing

Last night they proved a point , let's hope we can all stick together and get the best out of what we have

Bluebirds
    Amen

Croessy for a bright lad it's taking you some time to click on to the fact I've got you on ignore
    I know but I don't give a shit

Every post I see from you is you being a ****, what’s gone wrong in your life mate?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Every post I see from you is you being a ****, what’s gone wrong in your life mate?
    Mike, abuse mate, we don't tolerate that here delete please.

To answer your point, I add plenty to football chat on here, try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Chris Sutton was a centre back before becoming one of the best strikers in the Premier League for a while. James Collins was a striker before becoming a great centre back.

Means nowt.
    Paul Warhurst.

Anyway it doesn’t matter where he’s played before, he keeps defying odds and doing the job up front. He’s done a better job up there than about a dozen other strikers we’ve tried over the last 3 seasons.

Niasse ( Premiership player apparently), Ward ( who’s probably 2nd), Hot and cold £6m Ken Zohore ( maybe 3rd), 6 ft 4 jumps 5 ft 6 Glatzel, Omar inconsistent, Warnock’s lad , Gary £6m no goals, £3m 1 game and injured Vassell ( harsh as I think he might be a player), Bobby £10m always wanted to play for Fulham and probably a few more that have done so little I can’t remember them.

Might be down to our style but Paterson’s attitude and commitment beats all that lot by some way.