+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paterson and the rest of this squad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Paterson and the rest of this squad

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I remember the headline early 90's I think , bit of a old bruiser .

I think a few big lumpy strikers started out as centre halves back in the day , due to their ability in the air and physical presence .
    Early 90s Paterson probably makes a career as a striker.

Games come in a bit though, Bob and that were making some good points the other day on how the striker role has changed, yet our lot would be happy to throw Paterson up top, I wish I could find the replay of him and his terrible first touch sat, you just can't afford that with a striker.

Re: Paterson and the rest of this squad

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Early 90s Paterson probably makes a career as a striker.

Games come in a bit though, Bob and that were making some good points the other day on how the striker role has changed, yet our lot would be happy to throw Paterson up top, I wish I could find the replay of him and his terrible first touch sat, you just can't afford that with a striker.
    If we had Jay Bothroyd up there, this debate wouldn't be happening.

The debate is whether or not Paterson is better than what we have. Sod what position he held before he signed. We're clearly not going to be bringing a new striker until we offload the shite we already have.

So is Paterson more effective than Glatzel, Bogle, Vassell and Ward? Given his previous in attacking positions in this division and in the Premier League, it's difficult to argue that he isn't.