+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FA Cup draw, ball #9

Re: FA Cup draw, ball #9

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'm old enough to remember Stan Bowles getting that chant. He turned near the penalty spot close to the Grange End to shrug his shoulders as if to say "I don't know where she is" and the crowd instantly warmed to him.
    When Hartson was getting dogs abuse, his long haired mate Jonathan Greening tried sticking up for him by mouthing off to the Bob Bank fans. One bloke behind me shouted ''And you can fck off too Jesus.''
    Tickled me for days.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Hartson, Hartson where's your wife...
    Sure he was with Wimbledon when he got those pelters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Missed a penalty as well in that game didn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    No it was West Brom, it was the best bit of non stop abuse I’ve ever seen, Hartson got it for the full 90 minutes. Genuinely funny chants too. I’ve never seen a footballer look more off their game because of some chanting.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Stanley Stanley where's your wife, Stanley where's your wife

Loved Stan Bowles, proper character. Good player too. Robin Friday-esque I'd say.
    No comparison to Robin Friday at all. The one major difference between Stan and Friday is that Stan could be a*rsed. Stan is a genuine QPR legend whereas Friday, in what he did in a Cardiff City shirt, is an overrated footnote in CCFC history. Whilst he did lead a wild life off the pitch, Stan did have a genuine gambling addiction problem in the days when help for such a condition was not so readily available. However 550 plus games and 155 goals and England caps show a degree of commitment in a career never shown by RF. I used to enjoy seeing Stan play on MOTD whereas Friday was absent, for various reasons, more than he was available to play for us and when he did he was mostly ineffective/useless. Sadly, Stan is now a victim of Alzheimers.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    No it was West Brom, it was the best bit of non stop abuse I’ve ever seen, Hartson got it for the full 90 minutes. Genuinely funny chants too. I’ve never seen a footballer look more off their game because of some chanting.
    I recall that, every touch seemed to get worse and worse for him as the game went on, ironic jeers as he miss timed or scuffed another one. He mentioned that game in an interview once, saying it was one of his worst nights.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I recall that, every touch seemed to get worse and worse for him as the game went on, ironic jeers as he miss timed or scuffed another one. He mentioned that game in an interview once, saying it was one of his worst nights.
    I honestly thought he might cry, it was brutal.

And are you gonna believe us, she’s shagging someone else. Looking back it almost seems a bit too harsh