+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harris - glass half full or empty?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Harris - glass half full or empty?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I'm probably one of his biggest critics on here but when we do get a good win or play well I will say as much.
    Much of what I say is tainted due to not rating the man (I've posted about it again JR) and I've got to look past that at times I think.

I don't envy the position he has walked into by any means.
    I think he has people at the club in areas such as recruitment that fall some way short of what is required at this level. That is the case whether it is Harris in charge or anybody else. The board do not have enough footballing knowledge and nous for this level. If they haven't noted this and sorted it by now though I can't see them ever doing.

I think Harris has been installed as a hatchet man to the current squad and I think many see him as a bridging manager much in the same way Slade was.
    As much flack as Slade gets he did a decent enough job at a time when everything was sold from under him and still managed to finish 8th. If Harris does likewise then I think that he will have succeeded in what the club want also. Will it be enough for the fans? It wasn't enough when Slade was here and if anything expectations are higher and some would argue that is rightly so. I don't think trundling along under Harris outside of the play offs will be enough for many.

The big bit that niggles for me is that the club had a chance to show real ambition and push on at a critical time after relegation but they seem happy with losing fans and just kicking along. I might be wrong in that opinion but that's how I see it going the next season or so at least.
    Mentioning me again! I hope youre not going to charge me any rent for living in your head!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Mentioning me again! I hope youre not going to charge me any rent for living in your head!
    I knew you'd be around old bean.

You're never far away.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I knew you'd be around old bean.

You're never far away.
    Lets not derail Erics thread. Hes made some good points, so with that in mind, ill let you have the last word and look forward to locking horns later after weve smashed the league leaders. Au Revior.