Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: Does Klopp have a point?

  1. #1

    Does Klopp have a point?


  2. #2
    CardiffCitySince1927
    Guest

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    No he doesnít but of course you would agree with it. The statement caused uproar, not because the Liverpool XI isnít turning up, teams are able to accept that. I know, under Warnock thatís how it was for instance as they want the players to focus on the more important competitions. However, the fact that his blasť attitude to the competition has gone so far that he has decided Iím not going to turn up. That is the disgrace that is undermining the Football Association, the FA Cup, Shrewsbury and all the other smaller teams.
    Fatigue in players is natural when you are fighting on four fronts, but there is no such thing as managerial fatigue. He couldíve used his u23 manager to come up with the tactics and enforce them on the sideline. The fact that he simply cannot be bothered to turn up for 90 minutes for a single game at home - so itís not like he has to even travel for miles and miles, that is the disgusting thing.
    I think to stop this sort of behaviour they should out right ban them from the competition for a year or two or deduct them some points in the league. Obviously this is very extreme punishment-wise but it sends a stern message, a message that outlines the principles of the FA.

  3. #3

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    He probably does have a point, but it would be intersting to see if he still had the same point if liverpool were not so far ahead in the premier league and the FA cup was their only chance of silverware this season.

  4. #4

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    The Premier League voted for a mid season break as happens in some other countries. What's the point of having a break if fixtures are going to be shoved in it? I understand Klopp standing up for having this break. Yes, he could go to the match. Yes, it wouldn't take much effort. But if that then becomes expected of everyone during the short break, what's the point of having a break? None.

  5. #5

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    No point what so ever. As a manager he should be there. He can pick the XI he wants.

    And the break is a joke. They are playing the same number of matches but now in a shorter time frame

  6. #6

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Disappointing stance really.
    I think that he has let himself down and perhaps people might think of him differently after this.

    It seems to me that he has been embarrassed by the Shrewsbury team, a game in which the opposition had more than enough chances to win.
    He brought his big guns on and it didn't work.
    Tactically he got it wrong and he is now paying the price.

    Agree with the post above in that some kind of "proper" punishment should be dished out and also with the point that he is disrespecting the competition to an extent.
    They won't though. It's the darlings of the world Liverpool we are talking about.

  7. #7

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Of course Klopp has a point and it's a very good one. There was no point whatsoever in the Football Association, the Premier League and the EFL agreeing to a winter break for the top flight clubs if they were going to schedule FA Cup replays in the middle of it.

    When the plans for the winter break were officially agreed in June 2018, the Football Association described it as "a significant moment that will greatly benefit club and country." Everyone knew it was coming, including the association that administers the FA Cup. Therefore, it should have been properly observed.

    Those who are opposed to it need to appreciate just how different football is these days for clubs in the highest echelons of the game. For instance, when Nottingham Forest won the European Cup in 1979 they played a total of 9 matches in that competition. The following season, when they successfully defended the trophy, they played another 9 games in the competition and 2 in the European Super Cup.

    This season, Liverpool have already played 6 Champions League games,1 Super Cup game and 2 FIFA World Club Championship games, and we're only in January! Last year, when they won the competition, they played 13 Champions League matches.

    This season, Wolves have already played 12 Europa League matches. They started playing competitive football in July!

    Something has to give as the top clubs playing so much football benefits absolutely nobody - not the players, not the fans, not the clubs themselves and not the national teams.

    Personally, I believe the League Cup should be done away with completely and replays should be done away with in the FA Cup. I also believe the number of clubs playing in the Europa League should be greatly reduced as that competition is a farce.

  8. #8

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The Premier League voted for a mid season break as happens in some other countries. What's the point of having a break if fixtures are going to be shoved in it? I understand Klopp standing up for having this break. Yes, he could go to the match. Yes, it wouldn't take much effort. But if that then becomes expected of everyone during the short break, what's the point of having a break? None.
    Agree with you. People are saying he could still manage the team but I don't agree with them, a break is a break, no fixture in that period. If he turns up and manages the kids they'll just blow it off as a manager throwing his toys out, he's trying to make a statement and it lessens his stance if he manages the kids.

    Maybe now they will take notice.

  9. #9

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Disappointing stance really.
    I think that he has let himself down and perhaps people might think of him differently after this.

    It seems to me that he has been embarrassed by the Shrewsbury team, a game in which the opposition had more than enough chances to win.
    He brought his big guns on and it didn't work.
    Tactically he got it wrong and he is now paying the price.

    Agree with the post above in that some kind of "proper" punishment should be dished out and also with the point that he is disrespecting the competition to an extent.
    They won't though. It's the darlings of the world Liverpool we are talking about.
    He had it agreed with the board prior to the game, it's not like it's a kneejerk reaction after the game didn't go his way

  10. #10

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Klopp has too many bloody points!!!!!!

  11. #11

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Klopp has too many bloody points!!!!!!
    😂

  12. #12

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    city fans clearly divided on with this ...i personally don't care what he does with his team as city are playing tonight.

  13. #13

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Of course Klopp has a point and it's a very good one. There was no point whatsoever in the Football Association, the Premier League and the EFL agreeing to a winter break for the top flight clubs if they were going to schedule FA Cup replays in the middle of it.

    When the plans for the winter break were officially agreed in June 2018, the Football Association described it as "a significant moment that will greatly benefit club and country." Everyone knew it was coming, including the association that administers the FA Cup. Therefore, it should have been properly observed.

    Those who are opposed to it need to appreciate just how different football is these days for clubs in the highest echelons of the game. For instance, when Nottingham Forest won the European Cup in 1979 they played a total of 9 matches in that competition. The following season, when they successfully defended the trophy, they played another 9 games in the competition and 2 in the European Super Cup.

    This season, Liverpool have already played 6 Champions League games,1 Super Cup game and 2 FIFA World Club Championship games, and we're only in January! Last year, when they won the competition, they played 13 Champions League matches.

    This season, Wolves have already played 12 Europa League matches. They started playing competitive football in July!

    Something has to give as the top clubs playing so much football benefits absolutely nobody - not the players, not the fans, not the clubs themselves and not the national teams.

    Personally, I believe the League Cup should be done away with completely and replays should be done away with in the FA Cup. I also believe the number of clubs playing in the Europa League should be greatly reduced as that competition is a farce.
    Talking out of your harris

    Christ you sound like a love sick premier league sky sports fan

  14. #14

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    city fans clearly divided on with this ...i personally don't care what he does with his team as city are playing tonight.
    As far as I am concerned klopp and his team can both **** off , bunch of precious tarts

  15. #15

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Let’s be fair, top of the Prem by a country mile, two up against Shrewsbury, he should have been made to come into work the next day at 6am to work out where it went wrong!! As Cpl Jones said, ‘They don’t like it up ‘em’

  16. #16

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Let’s be fair, top of the Prem by a country mile, two up against Shrewsbury, he should have been made to come into work the next day at 6am to work out where it went wrong!! As Cpl Jones said, ‘They don’t like it up ‘em’
    Feck em

  17. #17

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    The Premier League asked for a mid-season break yet the FA arranged FA Cup replays for that week.

    Anyone get the feeling this is a PL vs. FA pissing contest with the teams caught in the middle?

  18. #18

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    city fans clearly divided on with this ...i personally don't care what he does with his team as city are playing tonight.
    Yeah let's talk about knicker collections or hot weather girls instead, **** football.

  19. #19

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Of course Klopp has a point and it's a very good one. There was no point whatsoever in the Football Association, the Premier League and the EFL agreeing to a winter break for the top flight clubs if they were going to schedule FA Cup replays in the middle of it.

    When the plans for the winter break were officially agreed in June 2018, the Football Association described it as "a significant moment that will greatly benefit club and country." Everyone knew it was coming, including the association that administers the FA Cup. Therefore, it should have been properly observed.

    Those who are opposed to it need to appreciate just how different football is these days for clubs in the highest echelons of the game. For instance, when Nottingham Forest won the European Cup in 1979 they played a total of 9 matches in that competition. The following season, when they successfully defended the trophy, they played another 9 games in the competition and 2 in the European Super Cup.

    This season, Liverpool have already played 6 Champions League games,1 Super Cup game and 2 FIFA World Club Championship games, and we're only in January! Last year, when they won the competition, they played 13 Champions League matches.

    This season, Wolves have already played 12 Europa League matches. They started playing competitive football in July!

    Something has to give as the top clubs playing so much football benefits absolutely nobody - not the players, not the fans, not the clubs themselves and not the national teams.

    Personally, I believe the League Cup should be done away with completely and replays should be done away with in the FA Cup. I also believe the number of clubs playing in the Europa League should be greatly reduced as that competition is a farce.
    They were also sent letters telling them to respect the break and not schedule glamorous friendlies 😂

    Oh but they can play a replay

  20. #20

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Let’s be fair, top of the Prem by a country mile, two up against Shrewsbury, he should have been made to come into work the next day at 6am to work out where it went wrong!! As Cpl Jones said, ‘They don’t like it up ‘em’
    They didnt exactly have it up them did they, it's not like they had a boggy pitch and were playing 80s Wimbledon or 10s Warnock)

  21. #21

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    He should be playing the reserves in the EPL, they won that weeks ago. Use tbe first team to mop up the rest of the trophies

  22. #22

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yeah let's talk about knicker collections or hot weather girls instead, **** football.
    Why are you always such a prick to everyone?

  23. #23

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Why are you always such a prick to everyone?
    What's wrong with a bit of sarcasm? If you don't like my tone you don't have to get involved, yet masses of you do making something out of nothing, Tresseder was the last one to have his comment deleted for name calling, we don't put up with that on here.

    Back to the thread please.

  24. #24

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Of course Klopp has a point and it's a very good one. There was no point whatsoever in the Football Association, the Premier League and the EFL agreeing to a winter break for the top flight clubs if they were going to schedule FA Cup replays in the middle of it.

    When the plans for the winter break were officially agreed in June 2018, the Football Association described it as "a significant moment that will greatly benefit club and country." Everyone knew it was coming, including the association that administers the FA Cup. Therefore, it should have been properly observed.

    Those who are opposed to it need to appreciate just how different football is these days for clubs in the highest echelons of the game. For instance, when Nottingham Forest won the European Cup in 1979 they played a total of 9 matches in that competition. The following season, when they successfully defended the trophy, they played another 9 games in the competition and 2 in the European Super Cup.

    This season, Liverpool have already played 6 Champions League games,1 Super Cup game and 2 FIFA World Club Championship games, and we're only in January! Last year, when they won the competition, they played 13 Champions League matches.

    This season, Wolves have already played 12 Europa League matches. They started playing competitive football in July!

    Something has to give as the top clubs playing so much football benefits absolutely nobody - not the players, not the fans, not the clubs themselves and not the national teams.

    Personally, I believe the League Cup should be done away with completely and replays should be done away with in the FA Cup. I also believe the number of clubs playing in the Europa League should be greatly reduced as that competition is a farce.
    From a football fans point of view, that's three completely irrelevant games whereas an FA Cup fixture is the third biggest competition Liverpool play in this year. Liverpool however placed more value in these games because of the sponsorship and financial opportunities from being considered champions of the world. Sure, be honest about not being able to manage just how much football they are required to play but recognise that they're in position to spend many millions building a deeper squad than 99% and are partially responsible for issue by treating these fantasy games as important.

  25. #25

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    From a football fans point of view, that's three completely irrelevant games
    So irrelevant that you could hardly escape from Liverpool fans letting everyone on social media know they were World Club champions.....

  26. #26

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Deluded. He has enough fringe players who have barely reached the field and don't need a break by any stretch of the imagination to pick a side that at least gives it a good go. Him not turning up is a disgrace imo. I imagine if by some scheduling disaster a champions League match ended up then, they would all be there. So this is 100% about not giving a shit about the competition because they are doing well in other things.

  27. #27

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Who cares?

  28. #28

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Funny there's no mention of the extra four European games they've all signed up too, hypocritical tosser.

  29. #29

    Re: Does Klopp have a point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Deluded. He has enough fringe players who have barely reached the field and don't need a break by any stretch of the imagination to pick a side that at least gives it a good go. Him not turning up is a disgrace imo. I imagine if by some scheduling disaster a champions League match ended up then, they would all be there. So this is 100% about not giving a shit about the competition because they are doing well in other things.
    As I've pointed out in my own opinion, using the fringe players won't make them take notice, something like he's doing definitely will.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •