+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just back. Callum Paterson..

Just back. Callum Paterson..

..one of the biggest-hearted performances from a City player I've seen for a long while. 100% for 94 minutes. Superb !

Re: Just back. Callum Paterson..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    ..one of the biggest-hearted performances from a City player I've seen for a long while. 100% for 94 minutes. Superb !
    Agreed

Spot on. He's infectious too.
    Will Voulkes another who put a good shift in.

West Brom were very wasteful and we rode our luck but all in all an excellent battling performance against a good side.

Enjoyed 2nd half. Paterson showing a bit more of his old self tonight
    Cracking goal by Tomlin and super save by Smithies.

More like the second half for 90 minutes On Friday please

Have it

Paterson was superb. Albion were obviously below par but we deserved the win.

Patterson surely starts now unless we get a striker in. Tomlin for Glatzel from the start hopefully on Friday.

Loved it

The man is a legend. Old school football, gets stuck in and creates problems for the opposition. Has to start every game.

Best I've seen from Paterson for ages, he was excellent, but I also have to ask where were the performances like that earlier in the season?

So effective. Not the most skilled by any means but he makes up for it with effort and heart. Hopefully he’s gonna get the knack for scoring back.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Best I've seen from Paterson for ages, he was excellent, but I also have to ask where were the performances like that earlier in the season?
    He was injured , then took a while to get himself fit.

He’s been good for the last few games he played.

Far bigger goal threat that our £5m striker.

Full of commitment and a nightmare for defenders and the keeper.

Love watching them panic when he closes them down. He goes for them full blooded unlike most others who make half hearted efforts and then slow down when they get near the keeper . Paterson makes sure they know that they’ve got to get rid or get flattened.

For a big guy he’s no slouch either. Not the quickest in the turn maybe, but once he gets going 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Love watching them panic when he closes them down. He goes for them full blooded unlike most others who make half hearted efforts and then slow down when they get near the keeper . Paterson makes sure they know that they’ve got to get rid or get flattened.

For a big guy he’s no slouch either. Not the quickest in the turn maybe, but once he gets going ��
    He was injured, then came back and was nowhere near last night's standard for months. Playing like he did last night, he has to be in the starting line up every game, but he has added very little to the side this season until recently - I was prepared to partially excuse his poor form because he had missed so much of pre season training, but, based on last night, he has gained a huge amount of fitness and stamina in mid season (something that only happens very rarely with professional footballers) or he was not as committed earlier as he usually is for some reason.

There are some on this forum who will tell you that Paterson hasn't had a weight issue this season, I beg to differ with that. He has looked overweight and while he's no speed merchant, he's never been a slouch either and yet he seemed to have lost that extra yard of pace. Tonight I thought he looked in decent shape, he showed good stamina and a fair turn of pace when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Loved it
    He was superb

He was injured, then came back and was nowhere near last night's standard for months. Playing like he did last night, he has to be in the starting line up every game, but he has added very little to the side this season until recently - I was prepared to partially excuse his poor form because he had missed so much of pre season training, but, based on last night, he has gained a huge amount of fitness and stamina in mid season (something that only happens very rarely with professional footballers) or he was not as committed earlier as he usually is for some reason.
    On that basis Bob we wouldn't be able to field a full side

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    The man is a legend. Old school football, gets stuck in and creates problems for the opposition. Has to start every game.
    I love battering ram forwards

Confidence ?

Who knows , football is a funny old game

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    So effective. Not the most skilled by any means but he makes up for it with effort and heart. Hopefully he’s gonna get the knack for scoring back.
    Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Hes got what it takes , with a bit more confidence and less looking for free kicks , hes worth a go up front at this level

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

For a big guy he’s no slouch either. Not the quickest in the turn maybe, but once he gets going 👍
    John Charles

he was awsome... smithies was a hero tomlin was outstanding too, the desire to win

i hate to moan after a win but glatzel again for me was well off the pace, i dont see what others do in him... must be in his contract not to be benched

We are where we are and we have bought what we have bought

Harris is manager and it's up to him to get the best out of what hes been given and if he can wheel and deal then that's the reality

Bluebirds

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    he was awsome... smithies was a hero tomlin was outstanding too, the desire to win

i hate to moan after a win but glatzel again for me was well off the pace, i dont see what others do in him... must be in his contract not to be benched
    His head is somewhere else , things are just not working out for him , hes clearly a player with ability but we are not seeing enough of it

I was a bit dismayed when I saw him earlier in the season, he looked heavy and miles off the pace. I can only assume it affected his confidence. The last four of five games I have definitely seen glimpses of the man who did admirably well in both our promotion and last season. Last night he seemed to have finally regained that level of play, I'm happy for him but more so for the team.

He ain't heavy, he's our brother