+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just back. Callum Paterson..

Re: Just back. Callum Paterson..

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    There are some on this forum who will tell you that Paterson hasn't had a weight issue this season, I beg to differ with that. He has looked overweight and while he's no speed merchant, he's never been a slouch either and yet he seemed to have lost that extra yard of pace. Tonight I thought he looked in decent shape, he showed good stamina and a fair turn of pace when needed.
    He didn't have a weight issue he had a coming back from a long lay off and bad injury issue. He looked fully match fit last night, he's never looked fat just not match fit.

I thought he was terrible in the first half, didn't even look like a footballer. He just kept clattering in to players and giving away free kicks, and argued with the referee. But he did run around a lot.

Then he scored and he was like a different player, ran around with purpose and was real thorn in the side of WBA. That was like the Paterson of two years ago. Very please for him and I hope that goal has given him a huge surge of confidence. His effort in the last quarter was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He didn't have a weight issue he had a coming back from a long lay off and bad injury issue. He looked fully match fit last night, he's never looked fat just not match fit.
    Well, that's your opinion. I looked at him, particularly at the start of his season, he was noticeably heavier, which is why many on this forum were commenting about it at the time. No way was he the same weight as he was the previous season, and I'm not talking about match fitness levels.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I thought he was terrible in the first half, didn't even look like a footballer. He just kept clattering in to players and giving away free kicks, and argued with the referee. But he did run around a lot.

Then he scored and he was like a different player, ran around with purpose and was real thorn in the side of WBA. That was like the Paterson of two years ago. Very please for him and I hope that goal has given him a huge surge of confidence. His effort in the last quarter was superb.
    That's how I saw it too.

That's how I saw it too.
    Well you are definitely in the minority , the majority verdict from those of us who went , the threads on here and the media reports are that he had a very good game

That's how I saw it too.
    Mad how some people see things completely differently

Excellent in the number 10 role.

Although, late on when he's played that ball from the left by Tomlin on the edge of the box you really need better control, we were 2-1 up with not much time left, but there will be more crucial moments in games we need him to do something in a situation like that, and his first touch isn't there, as a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Excellent in the number 10 role.

Although, late on when he's played that ball from the left by Tomlin on the edge of the box you really need better control, we were 2-1 up with not much time left, but there will be more crucial moments in games we need him to do something in a situation like that, and his first touch isn't there, as a striker.
    I think we can agree hes not a natural gifted striker

But hes a big lump and has enough about him to cause problems at this level

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think we can agree hes not a natural gifted striker

But hes a big lump and has enough about him to cause problems at this level
    I'd be a hypocrite if I said I didn't take joy from seeing him score goals, he was a right pain in their arse as a 10, commentators picked up on the way he was smart with his runs first half asking for the ball in areas away from their bigger CB Bartley to battle against the smaller fullbacks or less physical Hegazi. Give him time at 10. Cool. A striker he is not, I've given reasons in the match thread can't type it out twice!!