+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithies save from Ken Zero

Smithies save from Ken Zero

Absolute world class, I've played in and watch gazillions of games and that has to be in the top 3 saves I've witnessed,

He's impressing me.

Re: Smithies save from Ken Zero

Importance wise I'd agree though it looked pretty much straight at him from KZ, who really should have scored.

I was in the Ninian and only seen it the once mind.

Smithies looks very assured.

Smithies > Etheridge all day for me

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Smithies > Etheridge all day for me
    Totally agree. I've been perplexed as to why Etheridge was first choice for so long, he's a liability. Smithies is solid.

Brilliant from Smithies. Got to say a bit lame from Zohore, a top striker gives the keeper no chance. Talented but the boy lacks the aggression and intent you would expect, West Brom done their money there I’m afraid.

It was close to him but his instant reaction in getting a hand to him was impressive

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/player/0_thr3rfve

1:55

Zohore is a liability. Thank God we sold him.
    Yes it was a great save.

Yeah great save. His weight is taking him to his left but he gets a strong right hand up in the opposite direction. Top draw.

I still rate Etheridge but Smithies is by far the form keeper at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    It was close to him but his instant reaction in getting a hand to him was impressive

liar!

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Totally agree. I've been perplexed as to why Etheridge was first choice for so long, he's a liability. Smithies is solid.
    I agree Smithies deserves the shirt but in what way was Etheridge a liability? Distribution not the best maybe but he was hardly error prone and has made some amazing saves during his time here. Harsh to turn on him now

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I agree Smithies deserves the shirt but in what way was Etheridge a liability? Distribution not the best maybe but he was hardly error prone and has made some amazing saves during his time here. Harsh to turn on him now
    Agreed very harsh, been a very good keeper for us. We are lucky at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    My thoughts too, I've been impressed with Smithies but Etheridge has done a great job the last 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post

1.55 is the end of Tomlin's interview
    Is there another link of the save?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    1.55 is the end of Tomlin's interview
    Is there another link of the save?
    Just seen it on the Sky match link.
    It wasn't straight at him it was a strong hand and he was going the other way.
    If I was KZ I would be disappointed I didn't score. Outstanding save though at such a crucial time.
    Richards owes him a gallon!

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Zohore is a liability. Thank God we sold him.
    Yes it was a great save.
    He left cos you're sh1t was their chant.

Or he left because you were dumb enough to pay £8m for him

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Etheridge has been an outstanding keeper for the most part. There's an awful lot of revisionism around him. Smithies has done well though and deserves to keep the shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Etheridge has been an outstanding keeper for the most part. There's an awful lot of revisionism around him. Smithies has done well though and deserves to keep the shirt
    Etheridge was outstanding in his first couple of years here, but he hasn't quite been at his best in terms of shot stopping this season and his kicking has become a glaring issue that seems to have affected his confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Importance wise I'd agree though it looked pretty much straight at him from KZ, who really should have scored.

I was in the Ninian and only seen it the once mind.

Smithies looks very assured.
    From the grandstand, it looked like Smithies was committed to his left and as he was going managed to put his right hand out to save. It led to a few "What a fcuking save" comments from our group and a few surrounding us.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Etheridge was outstanding in his first couple of years here, but he hasn't quite been at his best in terms of shot stopping this season and his kicking has become a glaring issue that seems to have affected his confidence.
    Agreed. He'll be back though. A lot of "I told you so" etc though, from many posters who may want to revisit their posts after Smithies' performance vs Gillingham last season

CardiffCitySince1927

I’ll admit when I’m wrong, the ways he has played in the last couple games are very good.
    However it’s his playmaking ability that leaves me worried as he is going to get caught out in a way Etheridge doesn’t. Etheridge smacks it into touch when under pressure from an attacker, Smithies TAKES A TOUCH! He will be caught out

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    From the grandstand, it looked like Smithies was committed to his left and as he was going managed to put his right hand out to save. It led to a few "What a fcuking save" comments from our group and a few surrounding us.
    It was what can only be described as an impeccable save.

[QUOTE=CardiffCitySince1927;Etheridge smacks it into touch /QUOTE]

Abbreviated for you

Nice touch by Etheridge at the end to run over and hug him

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Yeah there's an addendum to my original post 4 or 5 posts before yours, I've now seen it from your angle and it is indeed a world class save

[QUOTE=splott parker;5043082]
    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927;Etheridge smacks it into touch /QUOTE

Abbreviated for you
    I honestly don't know what you do when you quote a post, do you just headbutt the keyboard and hope for the best?