+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smithies save from Ken Zero

Re: Smithies save from Ken Zero

[QUOTE=delmbox;5043106]
    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post

I honestly don't know what you do when you quote a post, do you just headbutt the keyboard and hope for the best?
    No, that’s Etheridge clearing the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Totally agree. I've been perplexed as to why Etheridge was first choice for so long, he's a liability. Smithies is solid.
    Calling Etheridge a liability has got to be the most stupidly ludicrous pile of shite I have ever heard spouted on this forum and by God that is saying something.

Etheridge is too good to be a number two at a Championship club I suppose but Smithies certainly is as well. We’re fortunate to have both of them, Smithies does give me a lot more confidence though, seems a better all round goalie. His distribution is certainly an upgrade on Etheridge and his shot stopping, now he’s having a run in the team, is on par with Etheridge. It’s Smithies for me but without the worry of, say, Joe Day (after his Wigan performance) coming in in his absence. Bit of a surprise that we’re still hanging on to both of them so late in the window but with Day gone it looks as though both are staying.

we have been blessed in recent times with 2 good keepers, Heat's and marshall

For me Smithies looks more comfortable under pressure and with the ball at his feat, which calms defenders, his distribution is way better , the way this is going Etheridge's value may start to fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Calling Etheridge a liability has got to be the most stupidly ludicrous pile of shite I have ever heard spouted on this forum and by God that is saying something.
    This. He could pretty much walk into most teams in the championship and some in the premiership.

His negatives are just highlighted in our team more as we require the keeper to kick a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
    I’ll admit when I’m wrong, the ways he has played in the last couple games are very good.
    However it’s his playmaking ability that leaves me worried as he is going to get caught out in a way Etheridge doesn’t. Etheridge smacks it into touch when under pressure from an attacker, Smithies TAKES A TOUCH! He will be caught out
    Etheridge smacks it into touch when he's under no pressure as well

I think we've got two good keepers who flourish when they're confident and right now that's Smithies.

If there's one position we DO seem to have got right over many years has been the goalkeeper's position. When I first started following the City, on a regular basis, they had Bill Irwin and Ron Healey at the club. The really top 'keepers we've had far out-weigh the odd incompetent ones.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    liar!
    Ah, wrong video