+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jazz Richards

Jazz Richards

Apart from the pen tonight (it happens) but is becoming a very decent player. Kind of the forgotten man with his injuries but I now feel he does have a lot to offer as wing back either side so hopefully can keep it up. Good movement and pace, it’s like having a new signing.

Re: Jazz Richards

That's what opinions are all about. I thought he was appalling again tonight, he looks a total liability. Worst City player on the park imho

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    That's what opinions are all about. I thought he was appalling again tonight, he looks a total liability. Worst City player on the park imho
    That's really harsh Des - apart from the daft penalty, I thought he was really good

Didn't notice him too much 1st half but he was terrible second half. The tackle for the penalty was mindless and it was his misjudgement of a pass (which he missed with a header) that led to the shot that Smithies pulled off a wonder save against. I've got nothing against Jazz but I 100% agree he was definitely a liability 2nd half

He's not a right back as right backs have to defend and Jazz Richards cannot defend

We have needed a right back for 2 seasons now to give an alternative to Peltier

He was poor tonight, not just the bad decision to lunge for the penalty.
    He got caught out of position countless times in the second half and their left winger who was excellent, glaring miss aside, roasted him.

Just lucky WBA were wasteful otherwise he'd have been for the high jump big time on here tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    He got caught out of position countless times in the second half and their left winger who was excellent, glaring miss aside, roasted him.

Just lucky WBA were wasteful otherwise he'd have been for the high jump big time on here tonight.
    He looked poor.

He was involved in some of the best and worst moments in the game.

In the first half he let a ball go out for a corner because he wasn't paying attention.
    He gave away the penalty with a lunging challenge.
    I think it was a few minutes before the Smithies save he made an outstanding block when it looked like Austin (I believe) was going to score from 8 yards. He really threw himself in front of it and we survived.

Overall I think he needs to do a lot better with his decision making. He's a good athlete with pretty good balls skills.

Very poor, the penalty was a ridiculous challenge that he was never going to win. Seemed more like childish frustration after being caught out. As pointed out, he also misjudged the ball that lead to Zohore's chance late on, had it not been for Smithies, he would have been directly responsible for two opposition goals. Can't see how that can be judged a good performance. They weren't the only instances of shoddy defending either.

He’s looked decent in some games. I was hoping he would push on and make the right back place his own. One to let go in the summer I think. He was poor last night.

He played well when he first came back into the side, but got taken to the cleaners at QPR and has not looked the same player since. I'd forgotten about that needless corner he gave away in the first half, but it was a symptom of a performance which had the occasional piece of very nice skill, but also a lot of defensive blunders including indecision in the lead up to Smithies' brilliant save - I thought he was a weak link overall.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He played well when he first came back into the side, but got taken to the cleaners at QPR and has not looked the same player since. I'd forgotten about that needless corner he gave away in the first half, but it was a symptom of a performance which had the occasional piece of very nice skill, but also a lot of defensive blunders including indecision in the lead up to Smithies' brilliant save - I thought he was a weak link overall.
    Long periods of inactivity throughout a player's career, like his, is bound to take its toll.. 'Use It Or Lose It'.

You appreciate how good a job Peltier does when he's not there, I thought Richards and Pack were the weak links last night and if fit Peltier has to start Friday night and Bacuna for Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    That's really harsh Des - apart from the daft penalty, I thought he was really good
    He’s well off the pace of the game !!
    That time he thought it was our ball going over the line for a goal kick was laughable. Could have cost a goal .

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    He was involved in some of the best and worst moments in the game.

In the first half he let a ball go out for a corner because he wasn't paying attention.
    He gave away the penalty with a lunging challenge.
    I think it was a few minutes before the Smithies save he made an outstanding block when it looked like Austin (I believe) was going to score from 8 yards. He really threw himself in front of it and we survived.

Overall I think he needs to do a lot better with his decision making. He's a good athlete with pretty good balls skills.
    The ball clearly deflected off one of our players and Smithies was screaming at him not to let it go out of play.

I agree with most comments here about his performance last night. Let him self down on a few occasions but still think he has a lot to offer. Our best right back imo and feel better is to come.

I agree with the posts above, he was poor. Out of position a lot, playing the opposition onside. beaten easily a few times and gave away a stupid penalty when we were in no danger. He's OK as cover but I'll be glad to see Peltier back. And he's out of contract in the summer so i expect him to be moved on.

Is Peltier out of contract too ? Highlights the need to get a right back in.

I would play Bacuna at right back. Pack, again was a very weak link as of course was Richards. I would persevere with Vaulks who did reasonably well. Our greatest need is for a striker as Glazel has had his chance and frankly is not up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Bennett is also constantly out of position so maybe it is the way we are often set-up rather than the individuals only, although I agree Jazz is a limited defender.

There were times tonight on both flanks when Morrison and Nelson were pulled out wide to defend.. It's not line Jazz or Bennett spend so much time bombing up the oppostiion flanks and we get caught on the break... they just seem to be missing.

But full-back areas are a real concern on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Bennett is also constantly out of position so maybe it is the way we are often set-up rather than the individuals only, although I agree Jazz is a limited defender.

There were times tonight on both flanks when Morrison and Nelson were pulled out wide to defend.. It's not line Jazz or Bennett spend so much time bombing up the oppostiion flanks and we get caught on the break... they just seem to be missing.

But full-back areas are a real concern on both sides.
    I disagree with this and I've never understood the Bennett bashing, I watch him from the Canton at every home game and whilst he's obviously not perfect and will make the occasional error I think he's a good Championship left back

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I would play Bacuna at right back. Pack, again was a very weak link as of course was Richards. I would persevere with Vaulks who did reasonably well. Our greatest need is for a striker as Glazel has had his chance and frankly is not up to it.
    Agree about Pack. He doesnt seem to do much and while most teams benefit from players who do simple often unseen things, Pack doesn't seems to do the simple things well... caught in possession and didn't break play up and offered little protection to the defenders... and in all honestly thats the only reason he is there.

Very decent performance from Vaulks though.. thought his energy was a real plus point and passed the ball quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I disagree with this and I've never understood the Bennett bashing, I watch him from the Canton at every home game and whilst he's obviously not perfect and will make the occasional error I think he's a good Championship left back
    I am not bashing bennett.. I like him and he is indeed one of the best left backs in the division IMO. He does though seem out of position as much as Jazz does, that's all I'm saying, which perhaps indicates deficiencies in other areas of the pitch that they get dragged into. There were occassions last night when Matt Phillips had loads of space collecting the ball on his right and bennett has to bust a gut running across to close him down.. often too late.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I am not bashing bennett.. I like him and he is indeed one of the best left backs in the division IMO. He does though seem out of position as much as Jazz does, that's all I'm saying, which perhaps indicates deficiencies in other areas of the pitch that they get dragged into. There were occassions last night when Matt Phillips had loads of space collecting the ball on his right and bennett has to bust a gut running across to close him down.. often too late.
    I just thought it was harsh to say both full back positions are an area of concern on both sides when, as you say, we've got one of the best fullbacks in the division on the left. He was fantastic against Swansea I thought

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I just thought it was harsh to say both full back positions are an area of concern on both sides when, as you say, we've got one of the best fullbacks in the division on the left. He was fantastic against Swansea I thought
    True.

We do seem a bit all over the place... the position is a concern in terms of their deployment and our game plan rather than the personnel alone.