+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jazz Richards

Re: Jazz Richards

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    True.

We do seem a bit all over the place... the position is a concern in terms of their deployment and our game plan rather than the personnel alone.
    Ahhh gotcha

He was awful last night. They were constantly coming down his flank, he completely fell asleep for their goal too. Asleep, out of position and then lunged in. Smithies got him out of jail big time with his wonder save, and he kept giving the thing away.

As TOBW says, he did OK at first but since the QPR debacle he's been really, really poor.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    You appreciate how good a job Peltier does when he's not there, I thought Richards and Pack were the weak links last night and if fit Peltier has to start Friday night and Bacuna for Pack

Absolutely agree....Peltier used to infuriate me with his holding a player in the box...but he has moved on...and is a no-nonsence full back....reliable. No question about Pack and Bacuna....

Can't we call it like it is, Bennett and Richards would make very good league one full backs, at this level they are poor, and we've paid the price all season because of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Can't we call it like it is, Bennett and Richards would make very good league one full backs, at this level they are poor, and we've paid the price all season because of it!!
    You can call it like that if you like but in my opinion and the opinion of fact you'd be wrong

The suggestion that Bennett is one of the best full backs in the Championship is ludicrous.
    He gives the opposition far too much space down that left flank. He's too lightweight and gets easily out-muscled.
    We need two new starting full backs.

Bennett only looks good when you compare him to whatever RB is on our team that day.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You can call it like that if you like but in my opinion and the opinion of fact you'd be wrong
    So you're happy with them two?
    They're not good enough, so that makes you wrong.

So you're happy with them two?
    They're not good enough, so that makes you wrong.
    I'm happy with Bennett, I agree we need a RB. If you do anything other than agree with me wholeheartedly then you're wrong and everybody will be laughing at you, even non Cardiff fans

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    The suggestion that Bennett is one of the best full backs in the Championship is ludicrous.
    He gives the opposition far too much space down that left flank. He's too lightweight and gets easily out-muscled.
    We need two new starting full backs.
    I agree, Bennett always gives way too much space away and gets caught drifting out of position too.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm happy with Bennett, I agree we need a RB. If you do anything other than agree with me wholeheartedly then you're wrong and everybody will be laughing at you, even non Cardiff fans
    Obviously Harris doesn't agree with you, the first thing he's done is sign a left back. Why? Because he and everyone else except you thinks Bennett is a liability

I think Bennet is Ok, but the lad we signed today will not be a real;acement for him, just cover. Smith is an attacking full back, and I expect to see him in the Cup game next Tuesday. I think this spells the end for Jazz Richards as he will be out of contract in the summer and we can free up his wage for someone who will play more regularly.

Obviously Harris doesn't agree with you, the first thing he's done is sign a left back. Why? Because he and everyone else except you thinks Bennett is a liability
    I bet you that Bennett starts more games at left back between now and the rest of the season than this new guy

I’ve got a feeling we are going to make do with Peltier and Richards until their contracts expire in the summer.

We also have Nelson , Bacuna, Coxe, who can cover there.

I'm not happy with any of the back line.....when they come up against some pressure they fall apart and make lots of mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    That's what opinions are all about. I thought he was appalling again tonight, he looks a total liability. Worst City player on the park imho
    I thought he was poor.
    Did well in the game he came back for ( Millwall) but was then shocking v QPR , albeit against a rapid winger and poor again on Tuesday. Got caught out a few times.

He’s capable of better. Maybe the long lay off is still affecting him

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Is Peltier out of contract too ? Highlights the need to get a right back in.
    Both out of contract.
    I can see Peltier being given an extension, and Harris has been on record as saying he rates Richards, but I’d expect him to be on his way unless he takes a major pay cut, which I don’t expect.

I’ve often felt that he has never really felt at home here either and wouldn’t be surprised to see him go back down West on the summer

Just because he's signed a LB first (if you want to be factual it was mayembe) doesn't mean he has had a LB as his first target, does it. They have multiple irons in the fire and it's whatever one jumps out first, so your point is kind of mute, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Both out of contract.
    I can see Peltier being given an extension, and Harris has been on record as saying he rates Richards, but I’d expect him to be on his way unless he takes a major pay cut, which I don’t expect.

I’ve often felt that he has never really felt at home here either and wouldn’t be surprised to see him go back down West on the summer
    Peltier can play full-back and centre-back, so he's probably worth keeping around as a backup defender. I'd prefer to keep Pelts and let go of Bamba than vice versa.

Jazz hasn't done much to justify us giving him a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Peltier can play full-back and centre-back, so he's probably worth keeping around as a backup defender. I'd prefer to keep Pelts and let go of Bamba than vice versa.

Jazz hasn't done much to justify us giving him a new contract.
    What is the opposite of prescient?

Poor again tonight

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Poor again tonight
    Best get used to it. Club have zero ambition any more. Ripping up Peltier's deal makes zero sense bar Harris giving it the biggun.

He obviously rates Richards, which is odd. He's an excellent player going forward but I'm afraid he can't defend

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    He obviously rates Richards, which is odd. He's an excellent player going forward but I'm afraid he can't defend
    Excellent going forwards? He's alright but he's hardly Cafu.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Excellent going forwards? He's alright but he's hardly Cafu.

Fair enough point. I was trying to see the positive because I don't want to see the kid fail but he's not able to defend properly at all I'm afraid.