+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It's easy, really - Tomlin...

It's easy, really - Tomlin...

City tv have now deleted the post-match interview with Tomlin in which, when asked 'how much time do you spend practicing those on the training ground' he says with a deadpan face 'none at all, really; it's easy, you've only got to lift it over the wall'. priceless.

Re: It's easy, really - Tomlin...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    City tv have now deleted the post-match interview with Tomlin in which, when asked 'how much time do you spend practicing those on the training ground' he says with a deadpan face 'none at all, really; it's easy, you've only got to lift it over the wall'. priceless.
    That's a shame if it has been deleted. I like that refreshing honesty. He's just trying to say it comes naturally, and why not!

Found it again in the archived stuff: https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/player/0_thr3rfve

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Found it again in the archived stuff: https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/player/0_thr3rfve
    Superb

Nice to see him enjoying his football.
    Loved that run at the end when he was inside his own half and knocked it past the RB and the burst of pace to get back on the ball. I thought I was hallucinating

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Superb

Nice to see him enjoying his football.
    Loved that run at the end when he was inside his own half and knocked it past the RB and the burst of pace to get back on the ball. I thought I was hallucinating
    I've noticed that a few times from him - he's faster than he looks!

He is like a different player since NW left

He's our top scorer now too.

That's two absolutely stunning free kicks this season. Just seems to pick his spot and guide it in.

It's actually very refreshing to see and they look great when they hit the back of the net. Quite an old school style. John Barnes had a similar style if I remeber rightly. Placement over power.

The amount of free kicks in dangerous positions that are wasted these days because players go for this knuckle ball style is ridiculous.

Wish Bale would revert back to his old technique for Wales, or let Harry Wilson take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    That's two absolutely stunning free kicks this season. Just seems to pick his spot and guide it in.

It's actually very refreshing to see and they look great when they hit the back of the net. Quite an old school style. John Barnes had a similar style if I remeber rightly. Placement over power.

The amount of free kicks in dangerous positions that are wasted these days because players go for this knuckle ball style is ridiculous.

Wish Bale would revert back to his old technique for Wales, or let Harry Wilson take over.

He's either scored or set up 9 of our last 15 goals