+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: First Signing of The Transfer Window

First Signing of The Transfer Window

Mayembe (or Mayhem be, as predictive text would have me think) has signed his first professional contract, so that makes him an addition to the squad.

More interestingly, the below article alludes to Warnock having his hands tied when it came to promoting youth because the academy was more focussed on its own results and wanted to hold on to the players.
    I find this hard to believe, given that Bellamy appeared frustrated with the lack of players making it into the first team, but it’s interesting, nonetheless!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...n-utd-17652084

Re: First Signing of The Transfer Window

So that at least means if he's decent we will get more than 10k. Good news and congratulations to the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Mayembe (or Mayhem be, as predictive text would have me think) has signed his first professional contract, so that makes him an addition to the squad.

More interestingly, the below article alludes to Warnock having his hands tied when it came to promoting youth because the academy was more focussed on its own results and wanted to hold on to the players.
    I find this hard to believe, given that Bellamy appeared frustrated with the lack of players making it into the first team, but it’s interesting, nonetheless!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...n-utd-17652084
    Well that's all very convenient about the Academy staff telling Warnock he couldn't have any of their players - are we really expected to believe that?

As for the article, I wonder if the hack who is calling Taz Mayembe a "sensation" has actually seen him play? Stuff like this, and some of the other over the top remarks in the piece, just put pressure on a kid who I reckon is one of the four or five youngsters currently around his age who seem to me to have the potential to make it in senior football, but, as so many have found at Cardiff in the last decade or so, the transition from promising youth player to first team regular is hard enough without having pressure put on you from outside from the media.

Congratulations to Taz on both his new contract and his inclusion in Tuesday's squad and best of luck for the future .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well that's all very convenient about the Academy staff telling Warnock he couldn't have any of their players - are we really expected to believe that?

As for the article, I wonder if the hack who is calling Taz Mayembe a "sensation" has actually seen him play? Stuff like this, and some of the other over the top remarks in the piece, just put pressure on a kid who I reckon is one of the four or five youngsters currently around his age who seem to me to have the potential to make it in senior football, but, as so many have found at Cardiff in the last decade or so, the transition from promising youth player to first team regular is hard enough without having pressure put on you from outside from the media.

Congratulations to Taz on both his new contract and his inclusion in Tuesday's squad and best of luck for the future .
    It certainly sounds like Warnock Spin. Seeing as he had such a cosy relationship with Dalman and Choo, I can’t see them preventing him from having an academy player if he wanted them, particularly given how much money they let him waste!

They’d let him spend 6 million on Madine but wouldn’t let him take a player from the youth team?! Pull the other one

Congratulations Taz. As for that article. What a load of bollox. Do they really think we're stupid enough to believe that. Warnock is a dinosaur who has shunned youth his whole career.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Is Sion Spence any good TOBW? Was talking to his cousin about him and they've got high hopes but family will always be biased

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Is Sion Spence any good TOBW? Was talking to his cousin about him and they've got high hopes but family will always be biased
    Hope he makes it obviously but watched him a few times at Barry Town and he didn't stand out at that level.

The suggestion that Warnock was somehow forbidden to use young players because they were being held back by the Academy coaches is the most ridiculous City-related story I’ve read in a long time, and that’s saying something given the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Congratulations Taz. As for that article. What a load of bollox. Do they really think we're stupid enough to believe that. Warnock is a dinosaur who has shunned youth his whole career.
    Agreed, well done to the lad, but the rest of it is bollocks, so Warnock in his last hurrah as a manager finally saw the light? **** off.

Wasn't he the only man in charge? Desperate man telling desperate lies because it all fell apart. Didn't realise it was possible to still be losing respect for the bloke.

Whatever the story is, it's good news a great step forward ,lets add in a few more ,it can only be positive for the present academy and for those prospects we have not found yet .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Whatever the story is, it's good news a great step forward ,lets add in a few more ,it can only be positive for the present academy and for those prospects we have not found yet .
    Don't worry about the bundles out off in this time like, **** em.