+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brad Smith Signed on loan

Re: Brad Smith Signed on loan

I remember he was considered quite a prospect when he was at Liverpool and being pretty impressed when he played for them in televised cup game against lower league opposition (Exeter?). Don't think he did too badly in his first few games for Bournemouth either, but he's disappeared off my personal radar since then, so it's just a case of wait and see as far as I'm concerned.

My mate who watches matches with me is always having a go at Joe Bennett this season and he was saying on Tuesday that we should sign a new left back and play Bennett in front of him - I'd be surprised if that's what happens, but you never know.

I don't think Bennett has a good enough end product to play further forward. He never seems to know what to do half the time he gets the ball in an attacking position. He does put the odd good cross in but more often than not he slows things down.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Seattle you say !!!! Lets make him feel welcome and give it on Friday night - FIGHT AND WIN!!!!! Reading bless 'em will poo their pants if we do this
    try him instead of the drum

2 good feet but a great left peg... can beat a man, runs well and can deliver a killer cross... ill take it

whos on the end of the killer cross that i dont know

striker please

Seattle you say !!!! Lets make him feel welcome and give it on Friday night - FIGHT AND WIN!!!!! Reading bless 'em will poo their pants if we do this
    Americans just don't get football do they? Sorry I mean soccer.

that lad never watched a game in his life...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I remember he was considered quite a prospect when he was at Liverpool and being pretty impressed when he played for them in televised cup game against lower league opposition (Exeter?). Don't think he did too badly in his first few games for Bournemouth either, but he's disappeared off my personal radar since then, so it's just a case of wait and see as far as I'm concerned.

My mate who watches matches with me is always having a go at Joe Bennett this season and he was saying on Tuesday that we should sign a new left back and play Bennett in front of him - I'd be surprised if that's what happens, but you never know.
    Interesting how we all see the game differently isn't it. Your mate says we should play Bennett ahead of Smith, suggesting Bennett does well going forward, and I've read stuff on social media saying we need a new LB to get forward more as Bennett isn't attacking enough.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Americans just don't get football do they? Sorry I mean soccer.
    If it takes off there it’ll be a big issue for Europe

Nice to see Dudders enjoying football again

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Nice to see Dudders enjoying football again
    Nice man boobs for a youngish chap.

Re: Brad Smith

Smith is 26 in April. Could be a contender for City’s young player of the year if he can get a few games in between now and the end of the season.

Re: Brad Smith

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Smith is 26 in April. Could be a contender for City’s young player of the year if he can get a few games in between now and the end of the season.

Oh dear

wtf did I just watch??? Now I want to fight and lose.

I'd never heard of him before yesterday.

A quick look on Wikipedia tells me he's relatively little experience for his age (nearly 26).

Nonetheless, I'll give him a good reception if he makes an appearance.