+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WHAT £4m WILL GET YOU IF YOU ARE CARDIFF CITY

WHAT £4m WILL GET YOU IF YOU ARE CARDIFF CITY

Bristol C have just signed Nahki Wells for £4m and we spent £11.5m on Madine and Glatzell. Bogle and Vassell cost us a further £4m! So we spent £15.5m on these four players. So much for the Transfer Committee. Bonkers.

StT.
    <><

Re: WHAT £4m WILL GET YOU IF YOU ARE CARDIFF CITY

Good business by Bristol City in contrast to our duds. I also read somewhere Bristol City were about to sign Ampadu on loan.

There's nothing on their forum about this. Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Good business by Bristol City in contrast to our duds. I also read somewhere Bristol City were about to sign Ampadu on loan.
    He will only be good business if he is any good , if not he's just a cheaper flop than ours , has scored at this level though for QPR , i always wonder if a player especially a striker has real potential why would anyone release a striker , unless the bounty was a good fit for club, player and agent ?

Love the name of his first club Dandy Town Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    There's nothing on their forum about this. Got a link?
    Can't find the article I was referring to but this shows there is interest but may not happen.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...w-late-3793469

Bogle only (!) cost us £750k, and his 3 year deal has been worthwhile!! We can't even sign cheap players and get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He will only be good business if he is any good , if not he's just a cheaper flop than ours , has scored at this level though for QPR , i always wonder if a player especially a striker has real potential why would anyone release a striker , unless the bounty was a good fit for club, player and agent ?

Wells scored a hat-trick against us recently for QPR.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Bristol C have just signed Nahki Wells for £4m and we spent £11.5m on Madine and Glatzell. Bogle and Vassell cost us a further £4m! So we spent £15.5m on these four players. So much for the Transfer Committee. Bonkers.

StT.
    <><
    He absolutely ran riot in the 6-1 at QPR recently.

Then again, so did the rest of the QPR team 😱

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    dont worry ...when hes useless we'll buy him from bristol for 10 million

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    dont worry ...when hes useless we'll buy him from bristol for 10 million
    After being sold to Boro first . 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Wells scored a hat-trick against us recently for QPR.

StT.
    <><
    I know but we are shit defenders , if he has got genuine talent why not not keep and improve him ,strikers of real quality are tough to find , he must have a flaw in my view?

Heisenberg

I know but we are shit defenders , if he has got genuine talent why not not keep and improve him ,strikers of real quality are tough to find , he must have a flaw in my view?
    It may be because he's 29, doesn't fit into Burnley's style of play, he's been out on loan for the last two seasons and they've got Wood, Barnes and Rodriguez.

They've got Vydra too and he doesn't get a game for them, despite being prolific in the Championship.

I guess that's why they aren't keeping him and improving him.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It may be because he's 29, doesn't fit into Burnley's style of play, he's been out on loan for the last two seasons and they've got Wood, Barnes and Rodriguez.

They've got Vydra too and he doesn't get a game for them, despite being prolific in the Championship.

I guess that's why they aren't keeping him and improving him.
    Vydra I would buy.

This made me chuckle :
    "BREAKING: Bristol City have beaten Barcelona to the signing of Nahki Wells on a permanent deal from Burnley.""

Another wait and see moment I guess .

I'm chuckling a lot tonight .

That’s two comic...al

Maybe but he has scored 15 goals this season for QPR. There again Tomlin has scored 6 and had 6 assists this season.

StT.
    <><