+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Luton sold out.

Luton sold out.

Re: Luton sold out.

Looking for two tickets if anyone has any become available.

Bloody hell. Missed it. When did they go on sale?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    What a joke 😫

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    What a joke ��
    Why is it a joke? Kenilworth Rd has a capacity of only 10k and presumably the criteria of 7/10 aways was set in the knowledge that there were at least 1000 fans who had achieved that this season. On what basis should they have been allocated?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    10.00am today. Club Twitter at 2.15pm said they had all gone.

I'm amazed the new ticketing website managed to process that many transactions in such a short amount of time.

I'm after a ticket as well have done 6 away.
    Drat and double drat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'm amazed the new ticketing website managed to process that many transactions in such a short amount of time.
    Call me a cynic but I do not believe that 1000 tickets have been bought on the new online portal on the basis that they stipulated i.e. 1 per fan that has done 9 aways, in under 4 and a half hours.

Same. I read it and thought they went on sale tomorrow morning. Ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Same. I read it and thought they went on sale tomorrow morning. Ffs
    I'm struggling. I genuinely cannot remember the last time I missed out on a city away game that I wanted to and could attend. I also cannot remember 1000 away tickets getting snapped up in that time span. And we have had other aways with lower numbers of tickets like this. I get the "it's Luton, let's kenilworth road, its relatively low numbers" stuff but even so!

Call me a cynic but I do not believe that 1000 tickets have been bought on the new online portal on the basis that they stipulated i.e. 1 per fan that has done 9 aways, in under 4 and a half hours.
    Two different things though. Was the criteria of ST holders 7/Members 10 a fair way of allocating the tickets? Seems a reasonable way of rewarding loyalty to me.

Were all 1032 tickets available allocated as per this basis? I guess there will always be some who suspect that travel organisers get some latitude around tickets that allow some that don't meet the criteria to fill coaches but I am not close enough to say whether that is accurate or not.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Two different things though. Was the criteria of ST holders 7/Members 10 a fair way of allocating the tickets? Seems a reasonable way of rewarding loyalty to me.

Were all 1032 tickets available allocated as per this basis? I guess there will always be some who suspect that travel organisers get some latitude around tickets that allow some that don't meet the criteria to fill coaches but I am not close enough to say whether that is accurate or not.
    Hi Al,

The guys running the coaches have the same criteria.

What you might find is some have asked for more to be reserved than they actually qualify for when the fan numbers are checked and more become available because of this later on.

Anyone who qualifies and has missed out should try later, also if you’ve missed out by 1 then again it’s always worth trying again in a day or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Hi Al,

The guys running the coaches have the same criteria.

What you might find is some have asked for more to be reserved than they actually qualify for when the fan numbers are checked and more become available because of this later on.

Anyone who qualifies and has missed out should try later, also if you’ve missed out by 1 then again it’s always worth trying again in a day or 2.
    Does it work like that though? Can you reserve if you don't qualify. Always thought on the old portal that if you didn't qualify the tickets didn't appear to book? I wonder if it's as simple as the new portal just doesn't work properly in terms of applying the rules set. As said above I don't have a problem with the limits set they're fine, but I'm just gob smacked as to how quick they've all been allocated. Cannot remember that happening in a very long time.

I'm struggling. I genuinely cannot remember the last time I missed out on a city away game that I wanted to and could attend. I also cannot remember 1000 away tickets getting snapped up in that time span. And we have had other aways with lower numbers of tickets like this. I get the "it's Luton, let's kenilworth road, its relatively low numbers" stuff but even so!
    I agree - all very odd.

(I'm the same btw - but 5 aways, so I was seemingly NEVER likely to get a ticket. This season really has been laughable for away tickets. Ironically it was much easier to buy tickets when were were in the Premier League )

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I agree - all very odd.

(I'm the same btw - but 5 aways, so I was seemingly NEVER likely to get a ticket. This season really has been laughable for away tickets. Ironically it was much easier to buy tickets when were were in the Premier League )
    Most EPL grounds have at least 3 times the capacity of Kennilworth Road.