+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales 2020 - Ticket announcement

Wales 2020 - Ticket announcement

Put in for Rome and just got confirmation i was successful. Eye watering prices but looking forward to that

Re: Wales 2020 - Ticket announcement

I've got them for all 3 of the group games, can't wait!

Waiting to hear still. I put in for Rome. Someone else I know got their tickets for Baku.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Waiting to hear still. I put in for Rome. Someone else I know got their tickets for Baku.
    Me too - I applied for 6

Ive not heard anything, though i wasnt a " red wall " member ( or whatever they were called )

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I've got them for all 3 of the group games, can't wait!
    Now I'm confused. I 'applied' for both Baku games back in December and thought I was successful there and then as I had a confirmation email. "Your ticket purchase for the UEFA EURO 2020™ was successful ". And payment was taken there and then. Have I mis-understood - does it still need confirming?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Now I'm confused. I 'applied' for both Baku games back in December and thought I was successful there and then as I had a confirmation email. "Your ticket purchase for the UEFA EURO 2020™ was successful ". And payment was taken there and then. Have I mis-understood - does it still need confirming?
    There were two routes to tickets. Either as a fan using the criteria set by the FAW where you had your application confirmed at the time or via a public ballot which was open to all. I am presuming the contributors are referencing their success in the public ballot. It does not impact your confirmed tickets.

No I got them the same way you did through the red wall membership.

This was a public ballot today.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    There were two routes to tickets. Either as a fan using the criteria set by the FAW where you had your application confirmed at the time or via a public ballot which was open to all. I am presuming the contributors are referencing their success in the public ballot. It does not impact your confirmed tickets.
    Exactly, this was a public ballot.

Can you transfer the tickets? I've got a Switzerland ticket in Baku that I won't be using but what is the deal with transfering them or somebody else using it?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Can you transfer the tickets? I've got a Switzerland ticket in Baku that I won't be using but what is the deal with transfering them or somebody else using it?
    For 2016 i got my Bordeaux ticket through the UEFA ticket exchange, where people went to flog unwanted ones. I assume they'll run a similar scheme, fleecing you twice for admin charges no doubt. Not sure how it works with transferring, the message i got was that i would need to download an App in May to see my ticket. Didn't see an option for a proper paper ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    For 2016 i got my Bordeaux ticket through the UEFA ticket exchange, where people went to flog unwanted ones. I assume they'll run a similar scheme, fleecing you twice for admin charges no doubt. Not sure how it works with transferring, the message i got was that i would need to download an App in May to see my ticket. Didn't see an option for a proper paper ticket.
    Not allowed to transfer. The resale portal will open in March/April 2020

A ticket resale platform will allow fans to offer their tickets for resale at face value via EURO2020.com/tickets. The ticket resale platform will be available in March/April 2020. This platform will enable fans to safely purchase tickets from other fans, through an official UEFA sales channel. This eliminates the risk of acquiring invalid or fraudulent tickets and ensures that sellers receive their money in full.

Not allowed to transfer. The resale portal will open in March/April 2020

A ticket resale platform will allow fans to offer their tickets for resale at face value via EURO2020.com/tickets. The ticket resale platform will be available in March/April 2020. This platform will enable fans to safely purchase tickets from other fans, through an official UEFA sales channel. This eliminates the risk of acquiring invalid or fraudulent tickets and ensures that sellers receive their money in full.
    They said the same about Euro 2016, but (to my knowledge), nobody had any problems? Certainly lots of my mates had tickets from ‘other’ sources and got to all the games.

Thank you. Peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    They said the same about Euro 2016, but (to my knowledge), nobody had any problems? Certainly lots of my mates had tickets from ‘other’ sources and got to all the games.
    They were paper tickets though not the electronic system that is in place this time. They need to be downloaded in the Euro 2020 app so I don't know if there will be some kind of electronic block to stop them being mailed to someone else.

Thank you. Peace of mind.
    his name is cyril evans awaydays