Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
I've stated here many times the reds and blues are different wings on the same bird who carry forth an identical agenda.

On at least six different occasions I invited anyone who cared to disagree to have a bash. I've often cited Labour 1997-2010 as evidence when they singularly failed to undo any reforms they objected to that their blue side introduced between 1979 to 1997. No-one gave so much as one example, because none existed. The best someone could manage was that Labour during that 13-year span were not the real Labour Party.
There are thousands of examples of a right wing social democratic party (like Labour under Blair/Brown) doing things that were different and better than a Tory government would have done. They may not have rolled back privatisation or challenged the Murdoch press, but they made working class families better off through Brown's (under the radar) mildly redistributive budgets, introduced Sure Start and other state help, wrote a housing policy for the first time in more than a generation that wasn't just about mortgage rates and Right To Buy (Quality And Choice For All - 2000 - a particular interest of mine as I worked in public housing) and started some serious investment in homes and infrastructure. It was wrong that the massive improvements to schools and hospitals were funded by PFI and not mainstream tax funding - but at least conditions were transformed under their watch. A government that was not so much a successor to Thatcher (and not inclined to start illegal wars) could do more.

It always matters who is in government.