+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starmer Edging To Victory Thank God

Re: Starmer Edging To Victory Thank God

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rst-round-poll

Latest poll of Labour members and supporters eligible to vote '....showed Starmer receiving 53% of the vote, ahead of Rebecca Long-Bailey on 31% and Lisa Nandy on 16%' which would have him winning on the first ballot.

The poll covering the deputy leader contest had Angela Rayner 'with 47% of the vote, suggesting she would win in the second round. It showed Burgon in second place on 19%, Allin-Khan on 13%, Butler on 12% and Murray on 9%'. If correct she would win on the second ballot with 52% once Murray's votes had been redistributed.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rst-round-poll

Latest poll of Labour members and supporters eligible to vote '....showed Starmer receiving 53% of the vote, ahead of Rebecca Long-Bailey on 31% and Lisa Nandy on 16%' which would have him winning on the first ballot.

The poll covering the deputy leader contest had Angela Rayner 'with 47% of the vote, suggesting she would win in the second round. It showed Burgon in second place on 19%, Allin-Khan on 13%, Butler on 12% and Murray on 9%'. If correct she would win on the second ballot with 52% once Murray's votes had been redistributed.
    Great news .

Voted today for Nandy/Rayner. Fully expect it to be a Starmer/Rayner ticket. If it is I will back them all the way. We need to get these corrupt liars out of office.

You boys badly need to free your minds of the Labour v Conservative nonsense. It only serves to keep you in shackles.

Both bum you minus any lubricant. For crying out loud, it matters not whether it's someone wearing a red or blue condom who's doing the shafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You boys badly need to free your minds of the Labour v Conservative nonsense. It only serves to keep you in shackles.

Both bum you minus any lubricant. For crying out loud, it matters not whether it's someone wearing a red or blue condom who's doing the shafting.
    What does freedom look like for you Org. Wandering around shouting the sky will fall in like Chicken Licken with all your worldly assets stuffed in your mattress safe from George Soros and the Rothschild's greedy paws??

A relative purchased her home in 1962 for £1,500. In 2017 she calculated she had paid £46,000 in Council Tax (formerly Rates), or in excess of 30 times of what the place cost. Council Tax/Rates is merely another name for rent - payable to the state. It's impossible to own a home outright in the UK. If you or anyone else believes differently then try not paying that Tax to discover who the real owner is.

That little scam is just one example of how there's only minor cosmetic differences between the red and blues as they'll both screw you over with equal vigour while they bend and squat to accommodate multinationals and City of London bankers. To quote George Carlin: it's a big club and you and I aren't in it.

Some of us choose to see it, most don't.

A relative purchased her home in 1962 for £1,500. In 2017 she calculated she had paid £46,000 in Council Tax (formerly Rates), or in excess of 30 times of what the place cost. Council Tax/Rates is merely another name for rent - payable to the state. It's impossible to own a home outright in the UK. If you or anyone else believes differently then try not paying that Tax to discover who the real owner is.

That little scam is just one example of how there's only minor cosmetic differences between the red and blues as they'll both screw you over with equal vigour while they bend and squat to accommodate multinationals and City of London bankers. To quote George Carlin: it's a big club and you and I aren't in it.

Never mind Council Tax, all land (on which property is built), whether leasehold or freehold, is 'held of the Crown'. The system that was introduced into the UK in 1066 is still theoretically in place. Elizabeth Windsor may not have called up her feudal levies for a few years but it is well to keep your broadsword or billhook sharp just in case. Either that or plan a new Peasants Revolt.

Or maybe elect a government that is prepared to demolish the system of wealth and power that has survived through the centuries and work with others to achieve similar change internationally. In this country that must start with a fight for the leadership, the soul and the programme of the Labour Party - or else create something else that has the capacity to take and use governmental power (and intergovernmental power) for the common good.

Something a bit more positive than conspiracy fatalism and stockpiling the beer?

I've stated here many times the reds and blues are different wings on the same bird who carry forth an identical agenda.

On at least six different occasions I invited anyone who cared to disagree to have a bash. I've often cited Labour 1997-2010 as evidence when they singularly failed to undo any reforms they objected to that their blue side introduced between 1979 to 1997. No-one gave so much as one example, because none existed. The best someone could manage was that Labour during that 13-year span were not the real Labour Party.

I've stated here many times the reds and blues are different wings on the same bird who carry forth an identical agenda.

On at least six different occasions I invited anyone who cared to disagree to have a bash. I've often cited Labour 1997-2010 as evidence when they singularly failed to undo any reforms they objected to that their blue side introduced between 1979 to 1997. No-one gave so much as one example, because none existed. The best someone could manage was that Labour during that 13-year span were not the real Labour Party.
    There are thousands of examples of a right wing social democratic party (like Labour under Blair/Brown) doing things that were different and better than a Tory government would have done. They may not have rolled back privatisation or challenged the Murdoch press, but they made working class families better off through Brown's (under the radar) mildly redistributive budgets, introduced Sure Start and other state help, wrote a housing policy for the first time in more than a generation that wasn't just about mortgage rates and Right To Buy (Quality And Choice For All - 2000 - a particular interest of mine as I worked in public housing) and started some serious investment in homes and infrastructure. It was wrong that the massive improvements to schools and hospitals were funded by PFI and not mainstream tax funding - but at least conditions were transformed under their watch. A government that was not so much a successor to Thatcher (and not inclined to start illegal wars) could do more.

It always matters who is in government.

Some very good advise there , about the trapped world of Labour v Tory blame game bubble , Labour needs to think above that, think fresh , not veer to blaming the rich Tory , the awful Tory press ,its so woe is me ,it sounds weak and off putting .

That's about £800 per year every year since she bought the house for half that amount. That was probably the amount of mortgage she took out to buy it outright over 25 years and it is probably only worth in excess of £250k in today's prices.

Still you have to complain about something I suppose. Funny I always took you as an optimistic, glass half-full, look to the future kind of guy. Are you sure you are related?

I do see your point about our serfdom to the state and the hidden hands though. What I think you are after is a means of paying for local services that breaks the link between property and people. It probably needs to be universal and not means set to make it administratively simple to collect. Also be good if it has a short pithy moniker that makes it easy to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Some very good advise there , about the trapped world of Labour v Tory blame game bubble , Labour needs to think above that, think fresh , not veer to blaming the rich Tory , the awful Tory press ,its so woe is me ,it sounds weak and off putting .
    Do you really think that is what Organ is saying?

He believes they are the same with different rosettes. Same agenda. It makes no difference which party is in power. The real power in the world is not in governments. The real decisions are made by a small and powerful elite away from public view. The electoral system is just there as a fiction and safety valve to distract and confuse the credulous masses.

Organ is certainly not offering advice on how one political party should respond to another. That is a total irrelevance in his mind.

I do agree with some of what Organ says (unlike Gluey who is just a dupe of the alt right). But even if the main UK parties all buy into a broad political consensus, and if the main levers of political and financial change are controlled by a financial global elite that conspire in the shadows, I still maintain that it makes a difference to Joe and Jane Bloggs whether they have a social democratic or conservative government. Different choices - even if small scale - about health, education, housing, transport and social justice matter to real people facing real problems.

No its not about Organ post , its about the current Corbyn Labour supporters / MP's obsession with wealth,success ,Tories and the past

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    No its not about Organ post , its about the current Corbyn Labour supporters / MP's obsession with wealth,success ,Tories and the past
    OK. I thought as you quoted Organ's post you were replying to it. My mistake!

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself Jon

Interesting article below about what Starmer, his supporters and corporate media never shine a light on. It's almost as if they would prefer we don't know.

Sir Keir Starmer: The establishment candidate, the Labour Leadership race and the Trilateral Commission. https://labourheartlands.com/sir-kei...al-commission/

Interesting article below about what Starmer, his supporters and corporate media never shine a light on. It's almost as if they would prefer we don't know.

Sir Keir Starmer: The establishment candidate, the Labour Leadership race and the Trilateral Commission. https://labourheartlands.com/sir-kei...al-commission/
    Interesting. I haven't seen that site before. Always good to hear from Chomsky.

I didn't vote for Starmer but a number of his 10 pledges (his personal manifesto) contradict the stated aims (in the report) of the Trilateral Commission. There are a lot of contradictions about Starmer - but where he has appeared to have moved in recent months it has been in a direction I prefer. Nandy on the other hand has moved in the opposite direction (as has RL-B unfortunately). Maybe it is an act, maybe not. The leadership choices are not great.

The most interesting part of the article is not Starmer but the clash between neo-liberalism and new conservatism, especially in the USA. Right wing nationalism, popularism and protectionism (often wrapped up with extreme social conservatism and racism) is not the answer to manipulation by political/financial/industrial elites, and Trump is not the answer to any type of question.

No my mistake , I did though pick out these few words though to steer the discussion in another way :

""free your minds of the Labour v Conservative nonsense. It only serves to keep you in shackles.""

Sorry to have confused matters, and wake up Eric from his slumber .

I guess you know what the thrust of the message is though .

Oooooooh nice digging up Organ , didnt read it all first time around hard go think the great Sir Kier is mentioned in the same breath and organisation as Jeffrey Epstein, (former hedge fund manager and convicted sex-trafficker member of the Trilateral commission.)

Lisa Nandy or Jess Phillips, for me they are clear of all this crap and the Corbyn camps , breath of fresh air is needed , a real new re think .

I came across that while searching for Starmer's Freemason links. With his legal background he just has to be one of those boys, and at a top Lodge too quite unlike the local Dinas Llandaff one.

Its being reported the local elections may not go well for Labour , a pity they have dragged this out for so long and Corbyn didn't go before now ,selfish politics.