+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lynette White.

Lynette White.

I’m listening to a brilliant pod cast at the moment called Shreds. Well worth a listen if you like pod casts.

All about the case.

Re: Lynette White.

This was posted quite a while back, I listened to it on a plane Journey, very much worth a listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    This was posted quite a while back, I listened to it on a plane Journey, very much worth a listen.
    I thought it might have been, but just in case anyone missed it like I did.

Horrific murder of a vulnerable young woman

Those lads were totally fitted up , I remember a slogan .....free the boys !.......sprayed on a wall in bute town long before they were freed , the community knew those lads were known to the police but not murderers

They would have hung if capital punishment was law

As it is I think 3 of those charged and put on trial have died and the lives of the surviving two are forever blighted

The corrupt police officers were due to be put on trail.However the evidence was lost.Conveniently.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    The corrupt police officers were due to be put on trail.However the evidence was lost.Conveniently.
    On full pensions as well

How can they live with themselves

Or indeed the jury who convicted innocent men on such flimsy evidence

Tom mangolds documentary on the cardiff three is superb

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    And found the very next day - shocking!! If it was a film you’d call it far fetched. One of the accused was working on a ship in Barry dock with about 50 witnesses but still got convicted of a murder in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by DJ-Q View Post
    And found the very next day - shocking!! If it was a film you’d call it far fetched. One of the accused was working on a ship in Barry dock with about 50 witnesses but still got convicted of a murder in Cardiff
    Yousef abdulahi

Remember him explaining all that to tom mangold on that documentary , it was unbelievable that any of them were convicted

Would make a nice change to see something like this in Netflix or the like (if it already isn't) as we seem to be bombarded with American stuff that isn't always as interesting

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yousef abdulahi

Remember him explaining all that to tom mangold on that documentary , it was unbelievable that any of them were convicted
    They just wanted them put away didn’t they, biggest fit up ever of a few docks lads

Didn’t they catch the guy who really did it by accident? Was it his brother or cousin who did something innocuous and had dna swab taken, it was almost identical to the person who did it, eventually led to the nutter?

I think it was his nephew who was 14 when caught for and offence and had his DNA taken bt he wasn't alive at the time of the murder, so they looked at his family and caught the true killer.
    From what I could see online he's still inside having had parole refused twice.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45047145

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Lynette_White

BBC News - Lynette White: Police trial collapse report cost £900k
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-43911416

I always find it surreal seeing the flat above the vape shop (old ladbrokes) thinking about what happened back then that evening and what that poor girl went through.
    It’s mad what the place looked like back then and now places like the WMC is a stones throw away.