+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Adomah...report..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Adomah...report..

Spoke to a Bristol City season ticket holder, an ex work colleague, yesterday morning

I asked him about Adomah. "He's great at beating his man with a burst of pace and bit's of trickery, but absolutely diabolical when it actually comes to crossing the ball".

Welcome to the Josh Lowe school of football Adomah! he doesn't sound any better than what we already have. Sounds like a poor replacement for the injured NML

Meanwhile, Brewster scores again.
    We really haven't got a clue (or the ambition).
    What's the point of getting players in as cover for already average players. How about signing someone to IMPROVE the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Meanwhile, Brewster scores again.
    We really haven't got a clue (or the ambition).
    What's the point of getting players in as cover for already average players. How about signing someone to IMPROVE the side.
    Agree with you. It's hugely frustrating that we only look for cover instead of trying to get players in who are recognised as being better than what we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Spoke to a Bristol City season ticket holder, an ex work colleague, yesterday morning

I asked him about Adomah. "He's great at beating his man with a burst of pace and bit's of trickery, but absolutely diabolical when it actually comes to crossing the ball".

Welcome to the Josh Lowe school of football Adomah! he doesn't sound any better than what we already have. Sounds like a poor replacement for the injured NML
    Was that the Josh Low who ended up in the Division 3 Team of the Season when we won promotion in 2000/01 and even had a short spell with Leicester?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Was that the Josh Low who ended up in the Division 3 Team of the Season when we won promotion in 2000/01 and even had a short spell with Leicester?
    Eric, I can't recall him being in the Division 3 team of the Season? Nor can I ever remember him going on to bigger and better things with Leicester....??

Eric, I can't recall him being in the Division 3 team of the Season? Nor can I ever remember him going on to bigger and better things with Leicester....??
    He didn’t. He was soon back in the lower leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He didn’t. He was soon back in the lower leagues.
    He made 16 appearances for Leicester when they were in the Championship in 2006/7. I didn't say he moved on to bigger and better things. Not sure why that was re-worded.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He made 16 appearances for Leicester when they were in the Championship in 2006/7. I didn't say he moved on to bigger and better things. Not sure why that was re-worded.
    My memories of Josh Lowe are of him whizzing past his opponent, and then crossing the ball into Row Z of the Canton Stand. I can't ever recall him crossing the ball that lead to a goal. Maybe, I'm wrong Eric....

It was at least six and a half years ago when he last did that at Bristol City.