+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 READING. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v READING. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    no we didnt...useless first half and no scoring ability in the second
    Much better second half but sadly matches are played over two halves and we only seem to play one.

Some reason for some positivity in the second half but another frustrating evening :-/

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 READING. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Oh wow. Ward and Bacuna on. I guess Harris doesn't care about the half-time statistics
    Lol.

But fair play to him - the changes seemed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Lol.

But fair play to him - the changes seemed to work.
    That's a big difference between Harris and Warnock. 95% of Warnock's substitutions were like for like. Harris is willing to change the shape of the team when things aren't working.

What has happened to Junior Hoilett? He's been awful since Warnock left the club.

Not seen the game as my dad is very ill in hospital and sadly on his last legs. He is nearly 92 so I can’t complain. From what I gather we scored with a good move and then spent the rest of the match with ten men behind the ball. Not great. Not great st all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Not seen the game as my dad is very ill in hospital and sadly on his last legs. He is nearly 92 so I can’t complain. From what I gather we scored with a good move and then spent the rest of the match with ten men behind the ball. Not great. Not great st all.
    It nearly worked. Scrambled equaliser that we deserved for endeavour but Reading were very good defensively.

Sorry to here that hope you and your family can find some kind of peace out of a bad situation.

Sorry to hear that Pearcey.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    A little. I'm not too bothered about it though. We played well. If we had a Chopra or a Bothroyd we'd be winning these games. If we can see out the season with some improvement football-wise, I won't worry about results until next season.
    This

I don't know you personally - but best wishes. Hope whatever time you have left is enjoyed

Sad news Pearcey,

Sad time for you Pearcey, cherish the memories and eventually celebrate a long life. All the best at this time to you & yours.

It was only when the game finished and it didn't go to extra time i realised it wasn't the FA Cup replay!!, the reading commo was awful and in front of the action on Ifollow so I watched it with the sound off!!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    Were not going up this year - appreciated. But this seems one of those seasons where 3 of these draws turn into wins and we'd be like 3rd ffs.

Baggies and Leeds have conspired to throw away their massive early lead - and although we've still only lost two games in the league since Harris took over, I would guarantee we've drawn the most in the league in that same time.
    We could be 3rd, we could go up in through playoffs. And then what? We need at least another season to restructure. If we're going to have an another team in the EPL a minimum 50% of the current squad shouldn't be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    That's a big difference between Harris and Warnock. 95% of Warnock's substitutions were like for like. Harris is willing to change the shape of the team when things aren't working.
    True. Maybe he deserves some credit for that at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    It was only when the game finished and it didn't go to extra time i realised it wasn't the FA Cup replay!!, the reading commo was awful and in front of the action on Ifollow so I watched it with the sound off!!
    Lol.

That sums up my level of interest too 🙈

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We could be 3rd, we could go up in through playoffs. And then what? We need at least another season to restructure. If we're going to have an another team in the EPL a minimum 50% of the current squad shouldn't be in it.
    It just goes to show how poor the Championship is (we have been rubbish this season but equally played some really poor teams too). QPR looked good only because we were shocking and Brentford looked decent but we only played for the last 30 mins of that game.

And people say that they prefer this to the Premier League?! 🤷*♂️

Sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes as peacefully as possible for you and your family.