+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Peltier to WBA!!

Lee Peltier to WBA!!

16:36
    WEST BROM IN CARDIFF TALKS

West Brom have already been busy on Transfer Deadline Day and the Sky Bet Championship promotion hopefuls are closing in on adding another name to their ranks.

That addition comes in the form of 33-year-old Lee Peltier from Cardiff, with Nathan Ferguson potentiall on his way to Crystal Palace.

Re: Lee Peltier to WBA!!

Heard that earlier but didn’t think anything of it.
    Seems to be a bit of truth in it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Heard that earlier but didn’t think anything of it.
    Seems to be a bit of truth in it.
    I’m confused at our clubs stance for the rest of the season, are we going for a late play off push or not? By letting Peltier leave we will be left short in another position. Can’t imagine we’ve got a replacement lined up

Harris wanted another full back but I thought that was in addition to what we had.
    Jazz isn’t good enough to hold down a place in the first team imo.
    If there’s another RB incoming then it’s mad to let Pelts go.
    Must be an attractive proposition for him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    I’m confused at our clubs stance for the rest of the season, are we going for a late play off push or not? By letting Peltier leave we will be left short in another position. Can’t imagine we’ve got a replacement lined up
    It is a bit confusing but if we have had a decent offer for a player who is out of contract in the summer then maybe too good to turn down He is probably on good money as well. Might explain his absence over the last couple of games.

Zohore coming the other.

Hope not

The fella is a proper defender - Adama Traore has every defender in the PL sh1tting their pants when he runs at them. You never knew he was on the pitch when Peltier marked him

OK he's not Cafu and he is not the type to bomb on and beat the full back and put in a peach of a cross but you know he will defend properly not like what we witnessed Tuesday.

Proper player - like Morrison - gives everything and proud to wear the shirt - I can understand it if he's on big money and out of contract in 6 months but I don't like it. Deserved a proper send off too.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Hope not

The fella is a proper defender - Adama Traore has every defender in the PL sh1tting their pants when he runs at them. You never knew he was on the pitch when Peltier marked him

OK he's not Cafu and he is not the type to bomb on and beat the full back and put in a peach of a cross but you know he will defend properly not like what we witnessed Tuesday.

Proper player - like Morrison - gives everything and proud to wear the shirt - I can understand it if he's on big money and out of contract in 6 months but I don't like it. Deserved a proper send off too.
    Same with Manga and Pilks.
    Shining lights in the shit Slade days.

First in when it gets a bit lairy as well, not scared to stand up to any bugger and it seems it’s well known in football, not seen anyone take liberties with him. Rather him with me than against when the going gets tough. Would be a big loss, the classic case of not noticing a player until he’s not playing.

Would be sad to see him go. He's been one of our most consistent players this season and one of the few from the premier League squad who's form hasn't declined.

This makes me laugh. No one really appreciated him when he was here. Now you're all crying because he's going. Couldn't make it up. He's aging. Doesn't have many years left in him and we need to cut the wage bill. Makes sense to me.

Good luck to him if he goes, he's been fantastic for us. He may want the move, closer to home maybe a wage increase or an incentive if they get promoted and closer to Liverpool. Good, solid and reliable defender who knows his limitations, that's his strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    This makes me laugh. No one really appreciated him when he was here. Now you're all crying because he's going. Couldn't make it up. He's aging. Doesn't have many years left in him and we need to cut the wage bill. Makes sense to me.
    I don't agree. Most of our fans have appreciated what Peltier brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Perhaps the last sentence in my previous post sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Hope not

Agree, but if he is out of contract in the summer and City can get a couple of £million, then fair enough. He's also probably the worst passer in the squad so that should mitigate his loss to the team..

A solid player but at 33, and part of an ageing back line, if this is part of a wider clear out I don't think this a bad move for anyone involved. We aren't going down, and clearly the club aren't going to go out of their way to push for a second half surge. Hopefully the rebuild has now begun.

We have Richards , Coxe, Nelson, Bacuna, who can cover right back.

If we can get money for him I’d say let him go. Good servant but we are not going to give him a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post

If we can get money for him I’d say let him go. Good servant but we are not going to give him a new contract.
    Bacuna is not a right back, Jazz is a sick note and Coxe probably won’t ever be ready. If we do not sign another right back then this is a stupid decision.

We may have offered him an 18 month contract, he's a fit lad. Sounds to me like WBA want a bit of experience and a defender who can do just that, no frills and willing to take responsibility, just enough to get them promoted. If they go up andhe contributes then it's good work all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Bacuna is not a right back, Jazz is a sick note and Coxe probably won’t ever be ready. If we do not sign another right back then this is a stupid decision.
    I agree. Although i wouldn't be surprised if Peltier wants to go. We're not going to offer him anything substantial in my opinion. It does leave us short though as the three players mentioned can't be trusted.

Let harris get on with his job

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Zohore coming the other.
    ;-)

He's better than all 4 of those. If he goes it's a ridiculous decision.

Nelson & Bacuna are not full backs, Richards is a liability & Coxe unproven

If it happens clubs a joke!

Very underrated player who will be missed. Thanks for your efforts, Lee, top man.

Might make sense financially but not for this season and whilst lots think we got no chance of doing anything its still possible.