+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adomah and Sanderson in. Peltier out

Re: Adomah and Sanderson in. Peltier out

Sanderson is such a weird signing. Looked him up on transfermarkt - he's never played a senior game bar the cup.

Is that the type of player to take to a championship team with aspersions of a late playoff run?

What a poor transfer window for us. Lose Reid officially - lose Peltier. Bring in Smith ok, he should do fine. But adomah and Sanderson - really?

Re: Two in and one out. Announcements soon

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Richards can't stay fit and is like a turnstile when he is. Peltier is incredibly popular in the squad and never let us down, plus we released him? Joke.
    Perhaps he asked to be released? Harris said in one of his recent press conferences that he was going to talk to Pelts about a new contact. Maybe he's hoping to get a better offer from West Brom in the summer if he helps them get promoted?

Bit underwhelming but it's an underwhelming season where we will finish about where we are currently. Only bit of excitement could come from the cup should we get through the next two matches, not the easiest of tasks for us at the minute.

Based on that, we are better off saving any potential funds for the summer where I'd imagine a few more will be moving on.

Surprised at the Peltier move, cancel by mutual consent, was his contract expiring in the summer? Strange one. Been an excellent signing, no frills proper right back who has I think improved with age. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Perhaps he asked to be released? Harris said in one of his recent press conferences that he was going to talk to Pelts about a new contact. Maybe he's hoping to get a better offer from West Brom in the summer if he helps them get promoted?
    From his post a few weeks ago, in hindsight, it's obvious he was going. The club, predictably, have sat on their hands and made a panic signing for someone to back up a bloke that has played 17 games in 3 seasons. If they'd done this properly and replaced him adequately, this might have looked better. They've paid him up because Harris wants to look like the big dick and they've had to make a panic loan from some kid who's never played a league game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Bit underwhelming but it's an underwhelming season where we will finish about where we are currently. Only bit of excitement could come from the cup should we get through the next two matches, not the easiest of tasks for us at the minute.

Based on that, we are better off saving any potential funds for the summer where I'd imagine a few more will be moving on.

Surprised at the Peltier move, cancel by mutual consent, was his contract expiring in the summer? Strange one. Been an excellent signing, no frills proper right back who has I think improved with age. Good luck to him.
    Good summary. We are a club that has always liked players like pelts. We can accept consistent limitations in a player's performance, its erratic inconsistencies that we struggle with. At pelts has been good at what hes good at, and nobody has ever expected more really. Good player for us. And first to turn up at a ruck too. All the best at the baggies, I hope they go up

Two new full-backs, and it sounds as if they're more attacking minded than departing Peltier, suggests continued change in style for our side?

Adomah seems unimpressive as a signing but he only has to play well in 70% of remaining games to be the best winger this season.

From his post a few weeks ago, in hindsight, it's obvious he was going. The club, predictably, have sat on their hands and made a panic signing for someone to back up a bloke that has played 17 games in 3 seasons. If they'd done this properly and replaced him adequately, this might have looked better. They've paid him up because Harris wants to look like the big dick and they've had to make a panic loan from some kid who's never played a league game.
    I don't understand this part. How does releasing Peltier make Harris look like a big swinging dick? Unless you think that Pelts didn't actually want to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I don't understand this part. How does releasing Peltier make Harris look like a big swinging dick? Unless you think that Pelts didn't actually want to leave?
    I don't think Pelts wanted to leave. He's on the record as saying how happy he was here many, many times.

I don't think Pelts wanted to leave. He's on the record as saying how happy he was here many, many times.
    Murmurs today that he’s fallen out with Harris. Who knows but he did seem happy at City, maybe he’d been told that he wouldn’t be offered another contract and there’s a chance of getting one at WBA?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Murmurs today that he’s fallen out with Harris. Who knows but he did seem happy at City, maybe he’d been told that he wouldn’t be offered another contract and there’s a chance of getting one at WBA?
    He's been quite active on Twitter this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    Sanderson is such a weird signing. Looked him up on transfermarkt - he's never played a senior game bar the cup.

Is that the type of player to take to a championship team with aspersions of a late playoff run?

What a poor transfer window for us. Lose Reid officially - lose Peltier. Bring in Smith ok, he should do fine. But adomah and Sanderson - really?
    That's harsh on Sanderson who I doubt many on here would have heard of before today - let's see what he has to offer before judging him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's harsh on Sanderson who I doubt many on here would have heard of before today - let's see what he has to offer before judging him.
    My old username was Daniel15 (had like 5000 posts on here before I lost my password and email address that I was using) - I've been to countless development games when I lived in cardiff, and used to love your updates on said games. You and lomarski - I'm sure I bumped into both you a few times.

But why we are signing a development player who couldn't even make the wolves bench behind Matt Doh is beyond me.

For me - it's another disappointing window, especially considering the loss of Reid for what you would imagine to be mid 7 figures

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    My old username was Daniel15 (had like 5000 posts on here before I lost my password and email address that I was using) - I've been to countless development games when I lived in cardiff, and used to love your updates on said games. You and lomarski - I'm sure I bumped into both you a few times.

But why we are signing a development player who couldn't even make the wolves bench behind Matt Doh is beyond me.

For me - it's another disappointing window, especially considering the loss of Reid for what you would imagine to be mid 7 figures
    I've pushed for Cameron Coxe's inclusion for a long time, but I have to admit that he did not seize the chances he was given against Carlisle and I can't think of anyone else in that position at youth level who is ready to be tried in the first team.

I like Pelts and I posted in another thread yesterday that I wanted him to stay beyond the end of this season, but he was 33 in December and he clearly isn't what Harris wants in a fullback.

Harris has inherited a squad that has several mediocre players with multiple years left on their contracts. We'll struggle to get them off the wage bill any time soon and Peltier was going to be a free agent in the summer.

If Harris decided that offering Peltier a new contract wasn't a priority then I can understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've pushed for Cameron Coxe's inclusion for a long time, but I have to admit that he did not seize the chances he was given against Carlisle and I can't think of anyone else in that position at youth level who is ready to be tried in the first team.
    Agreed again - but that doesn't mean we have to sign a RB who has never played a senior league game in his life. Who hasn't even been on a first team league bench from what I can tell 😬

There's very in depth stats for his stint in Premier League Development League 2 - but why not promote coxe? He might not be good enough, but at least he's contracted to us.... This makes zero sense because there is no option to buy

Id have been happy if we'd kept what we had before the window, maybe just getting rid of Madine and Bogle.
    What's happened is that we've downgraded and that's odd- the people we've got in aren't as good as what we had.
    It's starting to look as if Mr Harris is a short term appointment to steady the ship , cut costs and survive the rest of the season on draws and the occasional win .
    Is that how Mr Tan sees the future, or is he planning to roll out an ambitious manager with a clear plan at the end of the season ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Id have been happy if we'd kept what we had before the window, maybe just getting rid of Madine and Bogle.
    What's happened is that we've downgraded and that's odd- the people we've got in aren't as good as what we had.
    Were you pissed when you were posting in the early hours?

Beside Madine and Bogle, Peltier has gone and Day has gone on loan. 4 out. Adomah can't be worse than Madine or Bogle. We had enough crap forwards anyway. We've got 2 full back options to replace 1 that has left and Bennett has some competition after Warnock got rid of Cunningham.

I hardly see it that we've downgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Were you pissed when you were posting in the early hours?

Beside Madine and Bogle, Peltier has gone and Day has gone on loan. 4 out. Adomah can't be worse than Madine or Bogle. We had enough crap forwards anyway. We've got 2 full back options to replace 1 that has left and Bennett has some competition after Warnock got rid of Cunningham.

I hardly see it that we've downgraded.
    I don't see how anyone can say we've been downgraded when we know so little about Robinson and Smith's current form - there has to be a chance that time will prove that we did downgrade, but I'm certainly not going to make such claims the day after we signed two players who I have not got a clue what to expect from.

Is that how Mr Tan sees the future, or is he planning to roll out an ambitious manager with a clear plan at the end of the season ?[/QUOTE]

Tan wouldn't know or understand an ambitious manager or what an ambitious manager was, if one came and bit him on his arse!

Thinking back over the 5 or so years Peltier has played for us, I can't remember a 'bad' game. Likewise I can't remember a decent pass, a run past an opponent, or a decent cross [or any cross for that matter]. 33yrs old too, so I can understand the move - from all parties' perspectives..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Thinking back over the 5 or so years Peltier has played for us, I can't remember a 'bad' game. Likewise I can't remember a decent pass, a run past an opponent, or a decent cross [or any cross for that matter]. 33yrs old too, so I can understand the move - from all parties' perspectives..
    My thoughts exactly.

Only two City players have started more Championship matches than Lee Peltier this season - Joe Bennett and Aden Flint.

I've always liked Peltier. He's a solid Championship-level full back who plays to his limitations and rarely has a poor game. Very steady. I'm genuinely surprised he's gone. Didn't see that coming at all.

Harris seems very keen on Jazz Richards. Good luck to him with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    I think most understand the move as Peltier has his limitations on the ball and Harris wants more from his full backs offensively. But the concern is what’s left - a full back who’s injury record is appalling and has gone backwards defensively and Coxe/Sanderson who are completely untested.

It looks like Harris and Peltier have had a fall out, which seems to have sped up the latter leaving.

The full-backs might be just what we need but can anyone explain why we have signed Adomah. To me he is just an older version of Josh Murphy. Ten years ago he could have done a job for us but having seen him play quite a bit on Sky he is well past his sell-by date. And, as my late father would say, he's got no guts.

I thought the top of the list for us would have been another mid-fielder. I have absolutely no faith in our scouting system.

I wouldn't have been happy with Adomah on a 3 year deal but cover untill the end of season is fine.

Peltier has been a great servant a good full back but hes 33 and we need to rebuild. If we were realistic promotion challengers id be disappointed but we are not so lets rebuild.

As for Sanderson we had fans moaning when Swansea were signing players who havent played a league game and how we cant loan young PL players. Lets see how he goes.