+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: HARRIS' team selection

HARRIS' team selection

After a decent display on Tuesday, he brought in Tomlin but otherwise kept a settled team.
    Maybe he's still trying to find his best team.
    Might have been best to have freshened the squad after their exertions, 'cos the whole team seemed 10% down on their performance against WBA.
    Still, he managed the double switch at half-time and it paid off - Ward and Bacuna bringing some much needed energy.
    But it's taken Harris a helluva time to get this team sorted out

Re: HARRIS' team selection

I was one to criticise Tomlin's fitness but he's now regularly effective over 60+ minutes whereas so many others have a good 20-30 minutes in them only. I would say that Danny Ward is one of those, Hoilett too and until this week Patterson a third. It must be so frustrating for Harris than more often than not, and no matter who is in starting line-up, that our better performing players are the ones coming off the bench.

Credit to Harris for making the double change at half time. But Ward showed once again why he is always on the bench.

To be honest I don't think he knows what he's doing and he's making it up as he goes along, so it's hard to understand why he picks people or what he wants them to do

I think Warnock had the same issues. He didn't really know what his best team was. Particularly up front and out wide, one average performance meant you got dropped.

It's one problem of having a squad with lots of average players in it. Sometimes players try a bit harder in some games than others. The way the opposition plays will affect players in different ways. If someone plays really well in one game, they're seen as the answer, then next time around they aren't as effective. If player has a poor game, do you drop them? Sometimes a player needs a run of games to find consistency.

I have been impressed with Harris not always sticking to the same formation and way of playing. Last night under Warnock we would have made like for like changes, not got anything then put Morrison up front at the end. There isn't always a magic formula, a best XI. Sometimes it's about working out what might be best against the next opponents and having some flexibility.