+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Josh Murphy

Re: Josh Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Despite being optimistic, you don’t strike me as being irrational so if you paid a tenner on a pack of Monster Munch, I’d assume you’d have thought it was worth it?
    Yes but id be wrong because i could get something with significantly better nutritional value for a tenner; or the same pack of monster munch for far less elsewhere. The fact that some idiot pays £10 for it doesnt make a pack worth £10.

International

But if he has been disregarded by both managers is there some underlying problem with him that we as spectators don't know or don't see?
    He had an opportunity when Harris arrived to make a mark nan has apparently failed to do so, so if he isn't just shite what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Yes but id be wrong because i could get something with significantly better nutritional value for a tenner; or the same pack of monster munch for far less elsewhere. The fact that some idiot pays £10 for it doesnt make a pack worth £10.
    Sorry - I thought because you used the words ‘if I’ that you were talking about yourself paying £10 and if that was the case it was worth it to you unless of course you’re an idiot which I don’t believe you are

Got it. Yeah, I meant "one could spend a tenner".

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Got it. Yeah, I meant "one could spend a tenner".
    I understand your point now, didn't have a clue until you added 'one'

Played well last night.

Should start against Luton

I agree.

I've not been his greatest fan up to now, one swallow and all that.
    Showed a bit of bottle for his second goal and looked like he cared a bit which is encouraging.

Think when you lose the fans here it's a long way back.

Murphy played well last night "it's a one off"

Bamba does it "he's back"

Playground politics. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Think when you lose the fans here it's a long way back.

Murphy played well last night "it's a one off"

Bamba does it "he's back"

Playground politics. Pathetic.
    Incomparable. Bamba was involved in the promotion campaign, arguably our best player while he was with us in the Championship, played well last season and is coming back from a bad injury.

Murphy on the other hand was a big money signing who has failed to live up to expectations since coming in.

I'm a fan of Murphy, I think he's one of our few good footballers, but comparing the way he's viewed by fans with the way the fans view Bamba is ridiculous and you know it

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Incomparable. Bamba was involved in the promotion campaign, arguably our best player while he was with us in the Championship, played well last season and is coming back from a bad injury.

Murphy on the other hand was a big money signing who has failed to live up to expectations since coming in.

I'm a fan of Murphy, I think he's one of our few good footballers, but comparing the way he's viewed by fans with the way the fans view Bamba is ridiculous and you know it
    Effectively, play like you give a ****

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Did you get a hard on shouting at me then?

I know why Bamba has a bit in the bank with us fans, but he was also the first example of a player that's had one good game and been praised recently, forgive me for going to the closest example I could think of.

My point is, it's a long way back once you lose the fans, even a good performance doesn't get you out the hole.

People still commenting thinks like "play like you care". He's just had a good game, maybe he's had a slump in performance and a few issues we can't see, he's a confidence player imo so maybe he's lost that over the prem season and the start of this season, some people take building back up and last night was a good step for him, but **** that lets remember all the bad games and bash him for that. Right confidence booster.

Heisenberg

I know why Bamba has a bit in the bank with us fans, but he was also the first example of a player that's had one good game and been praised recently, forgive me for going to the closest example I could think of.

My point is, it's a long way back once you lose the fans, even a good performance doesn't get you out the hole.

People still commenting thinks like "play like you care". He's just had a good game, maybe he's had a slump in performance and a few issues we can't see, he's a confidence player imo so maybe he's lost that over the prem season and the start of this season, some people take building back up and last night was a good step for him, but **** that lets remember all the bad games and bash him for that. Right confidence booster.
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bamba praised after his comeback performance against Sheff Weds after being out for several months and then roundly criticised for his next few performances, when it looked like the SW game might have been a one-off?

Not sure Bamba is the best example to use in this comparison.

Where was the shouting?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bamba praised after his comeback performance against Sheff Weds after being out for several months and then roundly criticised for his next few performances, when it looked like the SW game might have been a one-off?

Yeah Bamba has been getting pelters recently. The most common opinion on here is that Bamba shouldn't be starting games.

Eh? Don't flatter yourself

I don't hear many people giving Murphy a bashing on here after last night's game, those that have offered an opinion have been positive views

Most of the rational posters on here have given what I consider accurate appraisals of the man and they have not been favourable but last night he had a good game and looked like he wanted to impress. That is a huge step in the right direction for me and it seems to show the manager has got a reaction.
    However, as I mentioned in my comment, one swallow does not make a summer and JM has got to keep up a level of performance befitting of the shirt.

Let's wait and see how it pans out over a series of performances before shouting everyone was wrong about him all along eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Sol was terrific vs Sheff Wed. He's been horrific ever since. He's got a fair reaction. I think everyone got a bit excited when he came back and did well because who he is and the impact he can have. He's a talisman.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Where was the shouting?
    He's so sensitive isn't he

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I don't hear many people giving Murphy a bashing on here after last night's game, those that have offered an opinion have been positive views

Most of the rational posters on here have given what I consider accurate appraisals of the man and they have not been favourable but last night he had a good game and looked like he wanted to impress. That is a huge step in the right direction for me and it seems to show the manager has got a reaction.
    However, as I mentioned in my comment, one swallow does not make a summer and JM has got to keep up a level of performance befitting of the shirt.

Let's wait and see how it pans out over a series of performances before shouting everyone was wrong about him all along eh?
    Wasn't talking to you, Timmy.

Joking, I just don't think it's right to bash the lad, as some have, amazingly as with opinions..not everyone has, but I've said it so obviously someone did..

Crikey this board is work at times.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nsfer-17696122

Celtic's transfer bid for £11m Cardiff City man as Neil Harris makes claim over winger

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nsfer-17696122

Celtic's transfer bid for £11m Cardiff City man as Neil Harris makes claim over winger
    I’m intrigued as to which coffee shops and supermarkets these football conversations are taking place.