+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Peltier

Peltier

Peltier has been one of our most consistent players for a few seasons. One of my favourite City players because he never let us down, and if a winger got past him in the first 5 minutes he didn't do it again. He also left something behind after a fair tackle - ask Jack Grealish.

So I am a fan of Peltier.

However, one of the traits of Cardiff City under Warnock was that our full backs did not get forward because defence was more important than attack. That approach means that many fans have become bored with the way we play, and the "Peltier" attitude seems to me to have been a big part of that.

Harris has been criticised for being Warnock 2. Now he has got rid of Peltier and replaced him with an unknown youngster. He has also brought in a left back who hasn't played a lot of games recently. Both full backs are known to have attacking qualities, but nothing proven at this level.

It does seem to me that Harris is being damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.

Let's hope it all works out.

Re: Peltier

He was a great player for us but I suppose he's at an age when he's needs to make a bit of money and get a new contract.
    To be honest he's too good to be in an average team, ( which is what we've become), so good luck to him. I'm very sorry to lose him though .

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    He was a great player for us but I suppose he's at an age when he's needs to make a bit of money and get a new contract.
    To be honest he's too good to be in an average team, ( which is what we've become), so good luck to him. I'm very sorry to lose him though .
    Huh? You think Lee Peltier is too good for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Huh? You think Lee Peltier is too good for us?

No one is too good for us, but for whatever reason we seem a bit short of direction or ambition at the moment. I'm hoping that'll improve next season.

He’s been very active on twitter tonight, everything points to a falling out with Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    He’s been very active on twitter tonight, everything points to a falling out with Harris
    Yes, I am hearing there was a bust up with Harris over a lack of a contract offer.

He was in an average team for 5 years.

No one is too good for us, but for whatever reason we seem a bit short of direction or ambition at the moment. I'm hoping that'll improve next season.
    Direct this to Tan or Choo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He was in an average team for 5 years.
    In comparison to other Cardiff teams? Or football in general

Peltier has only signed until the end of the season which is a strange decision given he could probably have gone somewhere else on a longer contract. Pity he's gone. WBA have got a player with Premier League experience and two promotions under his belt for nothing. What a bargain.

No one is too good for us