+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marlon "Brando" Pack - I've got to get this off my chest, sorry.

Re: Marlon "Brando" Pack - I've got to get this off my chest, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Hard to single any one out after tonight's insipid importance but the difference between the two midfields was where the game was won and lost.

Pack was completely out of his depth. God we miss Gunarason.
    Gunnarson was a great player, yet he was probably the midfield 'workhorse' compared with the rest of our midfield when he played for us. Today we have a whole midfield of workhorses, Tomlin excepted..

What's the point picking out individuals when Fulham must have won about eight out of the ten outfield individual battles tonight - we were beaten by a team who were better than us all over the park.

LOL there is not a single player i would want to keep going up....not one
    Thank **** we aren't

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What's the point picking out individuals when Fulham must have won about eight out of the ten outfield individual battles tonight - we were beaten by a team who were better than us all over the park.
    Exactly. I don't think any one of our players performed better than their opposite number tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They were several classes above in virtually every department. I'm afraid we were just cannon fodder tonight and God help us when Mitrovic returns for the second leg.

Even Joe Ralls looked bang average this evening and he's usually a standout player at Championship level.

Lost count of the number of times he tried to get tight to an opponent and got rolled. Embarrassing.

He's shite.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Even Joe Ralls looked bang average this evening and he's usually a standout player at Championship level.
    Absolutely. We have a very average championship midfield. In fairness, it's not been used for much over the last few years for anything other than chasing around the field. Not much quality in there, which is why our passing accuracy stats are shit.

Put simply if Harris doesn't fancy Vaulks over Pack then we need to sign a midfielder because I'm not sure what Pack brings.

He can't hit a ball more than 10 yards, they are very rarely forward passes and despite where he stands he provides no protection for the back 4.

I wouldn't care if he never played for City again.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Put simply if Harris doesn't fancy Vaulks over Pack then we need to sign a midfielder because I'm not sure what Pack brings.

He can't hit a ball more than 10 yards, they are very rarely forward passes and despite where he stands he provides no protection for the back 4.

I wouldn't care if he never played for City again.
    Even when he attempts a sideways pass, it has an annoying habit of being slightly behind the intended receiver, who then has to check his stride and we lose any momentum. He is just too slow in thought and deed for this level.

Pack was at fault for both goals. Yes Morrison and Nelson are done too easily on the first one as well but it's initially Pack who got turned so easily. Pack got turned again too easily for the second which resulted in Morrisons foul.

The man it a total liability. Simply he's too slow.

Whilst Bacuna maybe more solid at RB than sanderson, we'll need to move Bacuna back into CM to get rid of pack. If we're playing 3 it's got to be Bacuna, Ralls and Valks.

If Pack isn't dropped for the second leg then we may as well not bother.