+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marlon "Brando" Pack - I've got to get this off my chest, sorry.

Marlon "Brando" Pack - I've got to get this off my chest, sorry.

This guy is going to give me a heart attack. I've got to stop screaming at him each game. He is literally the ONLY player I've watched who not only cannot pass a simple, straightforward ball, but actually cannot hit any [attempted] pass longer than 20ft hard enough to reach a City player. I'm sat there watching his passes slowly moving in the approximate direction of a blue shirt, as opponents move in before it reaches them. He's like one of those blokes who they have at half time trying to kick the ball into the holes in the goals and invariably scuff their shot along the ground.

Right, that's made me feel better..

Re: Marlon "Brando" Pack - I've got to get this off my chest, sorry.

You went around the houses to say what we all know.
    He's shite.
    Literally millions spunked on shite by old big head.

I like him

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I like him
    I don't, he is a liability

He's alright, there are worse in the current team regards passing ability.

He's not the quickest and gets caught in possession, and yes sometimes his passing isn't the best. At least he tries to pass it though, if he went for the long ball that wouldn't be good enough either.

Main issue for me is that he drops so deep, practically picking it up between the cbs and that other than that I'm not sure really what his role in the midfield is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I don't, he is a liability
    I suspect that he's one of those players that players love having in their team because he does a lot of the shitty stuff and tidying up.

Also he seems nice

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    This guy is going to give me a heart attack. I've got to stop screaming at him each game. He is literally the ONLY player I've watched who not only cannot pass a simple, straightforward ball, but actually cannot hit any [attempted] pass longer than 20ft hard enough to reach a City player. I'm sat there watching his passes slowly moving in the approximate direction of a blue shirt, as opponents move in before it reaches them. He's like one of those blokes who they have at half time trying to kick the ball into the holes in the goals and invariably scuff their shot along the ground.

Right, that's made me feel better..
    agreed, he is absolutely crap. I cannot believe there are fans out there that disagree with me when I criticise him. He should be dropped.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    agreed, he is absolutely crap. I cannot believe there are fans out there that disagree with me when I criticise him. He should be dropped.
    Spedger
    I disagree with you.
    Spedger

He gives even simple balls away. Useless and a liability.

He’s a victim of the lack of pace in the side. With nobody making darting runs when he’s in possession it makes his reactions look slower, but, yes, he’s not the quickest himself either but is his role to be a speed merchant or to release the (non existent) speed merchants?

I suspect that he's one of those players that players love having in their team because he does a lot of the shitty stuff and tidying up.

Also he seems nice
    Such as?

Tackling?... seldom gets close enough to put a tackle in. Closing down the opposition and putting them under pressure?... doesn't have the pace to do that. Clearing the lines?... not when he's struggling to get back into position.

He's slower than a slug, and don't get me started on those telegraphed passes that he so often under hits!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Such as?

Tackling?... seldom gets close enough to put a tackle in. Closing down the opposition and putting them under pressure?... doesn't have the pace to do that. Clearing the lines?... not when he's struggling to get back into position.

He's slower than a slug, and don't get me started on those telegraphed passes that he so often under hits!
    Such as tackling, closing down the opposition and putting them under pressure, and clearing the lines

Great at the defensive stuff. Awful at passing beyond five yards. But I'd keep him in just for the defence. It seems we've forgotten how lightweight our midfield looked without him earlier in the season. It's not like we have someone who can distribute the ball effectively and quickly. He's the best we've got for that role right now. The Gary Medel position.

I actually think he’s a tidy footballer. Think it’s difficult to be a midfielder in a shite midfield.

He’s not on the same level but people said mcphail was shit for years because he was surrounded by shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

He's not the quickest and gets caught in possession, and yes sometimes his passing isn't the best. At least he tries to pass it though, if he went for the long ball that wouldn't be good enough either.

Main issue for me is that he drops so deep, practically picking it up between the cbs and that other than that I'm not sure really what his role in the midfield is supposed to be.
    It's obvious what his role is. He's a central defensive midfielder. He sits in front of the back four. He drops back into defence much like Henderson does for Liverpool. I think it's a really clever move as it gives our defenders easy options and better passing from the back.

Such as tackling, closing down the opposition and putting them under pressure, and clearing the lines
    Yeah, of course he does. We're very lucky to have a player who can do all of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

..but apart from that, .....

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He’s a victim of the lack of pace in the side. With nobody making darting runs when he’s in possession it makes his reactions look slower, but, yes, he’s not the quickest himself either but is his role to be a speed merchant or to release the (non existent) speed merchants?
    Oh no, how dare you post sense.

I think he is a decent footballer and if we played quicker as splott parker points out he'd have more options in front of him , I noticed a few times this week he went to pass and found no one to off load too, so he turned and got caught and closed down .

Lets be honest he was signed as a Gunnarsson replacement but unfortunately he's not fit to lace his boots. The amount of times he inexplicably under hits a pass or puts it straight out for a throw in is almost comical.

Bruno Mange had pelota baskets for feet as far as passing was concerned.

Hard to single any one out after tonight's insipid importance but the difference between the two midfields was where the game was won and lost.

Pack was completely out of his depth. God we miss Gunarason.

He lacks pace and he isn't able to play on the backfoot. He's not shit, he's a decent player, just not against teams like Fulham, that was most of them tonight, they couldn't cope with the pace they play at. Tonight is a culmination of piss poor, quick fix managerial appointments, Harris is not to blame, atleast he's attempting to right the wrongs of Warnock and his shit football.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Hard to single any one out after tonight's insipid importance but the difference between the two midfields was where the game was won and lost.

Pack was completely out of his depth. God we miss Gunarason.
    Gunnar wouldn't have made a difference. The way Fulham play takes a lot of hard work in training, not one of their midfield players is drilled to even look up and waste half a second, they've got athletic defenders stepping into midfield. Very difficult to play against for a team like us.

He offers nothing. How he started over Vaulks I don't know.