+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody actually want to go up this season?

Does anybody actually want to go up this season?

Don't get me wrong, I want us to win every game and I hope we get to the playoffs and all that so I guess in a general habitual sense I want us to go up but in actual reality I don't particularly to be honest.

This squad would be painted all over the walls in the Premiership, it'd be horrifying. I'd rather stay down for a bit, have fun watching us at least compete week to week and ideally build a better, younger team (although that doesn't seem to be happening either )

Re: Does anybody actually want to go up this season?

I forgot to do a poll, if anybody can be arsed

Yes. It means we've had a brilliant finish to the season.

I’d love to, that’d mean we’d have had a cracking end of season run. Next season can take care of itself when it comes, the chase for promotion is way more exciting than the prize of a top flight season.

I guess Vincent Tan does

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’d love to, that’d mean we’d have had a cracking end of season run. Next season can take care of itself when it comes, the chase for promotion is way more exciting than the prize of a top flight season.
    IF promoted then I believe the team will be more prepared to actually stay up. So Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    IF promoted then I believe the team will be more prepared to actually stay up. So Yes.
    What gives you that impression? From what I've seen of them this season, City look a significantly weaker side than the one that was promoted in 2017/18.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I want us to win every game and I hope we get to the playoffs and all that so I guess in a general habitual sense I want us to go up but in actual reality I don't particularly to be honest.

This squad would be painted all over the walls in the Premiership, it'd be horrifying. I'd rather stay down for a bit, have fun watching us at least compete week to week and ideally build a better, younger team (although that doesn't seem to be happening either )
    I don’t think that anyone even thinks about this anymore.

This season is a write off. Maybe a cup run, but I resigned myself to mid table obscurity a while ago and this transfer window has confirmed it.

Sadly, very dull.

I'd love to. I love little old Cardiff being in the same sentence as the mighty Manchesters all around the world. Everyone from chefs in Italy to taxi drivers in Malaysia. Knowing and talking about our amazing City.

Too right I want city to go up this season , we need just a couple of wins to put us on the edge of the play offs

If people dont want us to go up what on earth are they doing supporting the team ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Too right I want city to go up this season , we need just a couple of wins to put us on the edge of the play offs

If people dont want us to go up what on earth are they doing supporting the team ?
    Fecking agree again.

We wont go up though.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What gives you that impression? From what I've seen of them this season, City look a significantly weaker side than the one that was promoted in 2017/18.
    They may learn from the experience of giving teams too much respect.

If City do get promoted, possibly by adopting a variety of tactics rather than just route 1 (POMO), then arguably they will be as good if not better than the side last promoted.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    They may learn from the experience of giving teams too much respect.

If City do get promoted, possibly by adopting a variety of tactics rather than just route 1 (POMO), then arguably they will be as good if not better than the side last promoted.
    It’s genuinely hard to tell whether you’re on a wind-up or not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It’s genuinely hard to tell whether you’re on a wind-up or not.
    Well it's very unlikely we are going to go up but we are certainly not out of the play off chase yet

Would you agree ?

I don't fancy it to be honest. I want the team & strategy to be built first. Our current squad would need a £100M investment to stay in the EPL.

I want long term success for the team I support. I don't want the team I support getting beat 5-0 every other week. I don't want the team I support getting disrespected.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I want long term success for the team I support. I don't want the team I support getting beat 5-0 every other week. I don't want the team I support getting disrespected.
    Well Burnley have done well for a fair few seasons on a limited budget as have Bournemouth, we should just go for it if we do ever get back up

Well Burnley have done well for a fair few seasons on a limited budget as have Bournemouth, we should just go for it if we do ever get back up
    Bournemouth went up playing good football consistently over a number of years. Burnley's squad is worth over £100M more than ours according to this website. https://www.transfermarkt.us/

Of course we do, why sit in the cold and rain like we saw this Tuesday and Friday , im still shivering and drying out ,cant stop peeing .

Anyways it's great seeing the big clubs , stadium rammed, away fan noise , home Fan's in my view made a lot more noise last time, its was an emotional roller coaster, nearly survived.

If Sheff Utd , Bournemouth, Burnley, Huddersfield and Brighton do it , so can we again, and stay if we plan correctly.

You'd think we had learned some stuff by now .

I do think this year is one of stability, slow clear out , ready to go again with newly built squad , and potentially a new manager ??

Bournemouth went up playing good football consistently over a number of years. Burnley's squad is worth over £100M more than ours according to this website. https://www.transfermarkt.us/
    Well it is now but it wasnt when they went up

Well it's very unlikely we are going to go up but we are certainly not out of the play off chase yet

Would you agree ?
    I would agree with that and sometimes the one that grabs forth spot on a late run, has momentum to carry on through to promotion .

My dream is City v Swansea semi and then a Leeds final , should be quiet affairs

The more important and relevant question is 'Does Tan actually want to go up this season?'

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I forgot to do a poll, if anybody can be arsed
    Bet nobody thought sheff Utd had @ chance. It can be done, lots of clubs have gone up and stayed up for 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I would agree with that and sometimes the one that grabs forth spot on a late run, has momentum to carry on through to promotion .

My dream is City v Swansea semi and then a Leeds final , should be quiet affairs
    Dream for you, worst nightmare for me.
    I don't want either of those teams anywhere near the playoffs. If this were the scenario then I don't think I could face watching us play in any of those games.
    The potential joy I could feel is nowhere near the potential disappointment.

No. Stance hasn't changed.