+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anybody actually want to go up this season?

Re: Does anybody actually want to go up this season?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

My dream is City v Swansea semi and then a Leeds final , should be quiet affairs
    If we get to play=offs i think we'll just sneak in at 6th, so more likely to be Leeds in semi and Jacks in final. that would be just too painful to watch. The thought of them beating us to go up! I'd rather not make the play-offs at all.

Ye

Well, as the word coming out of the club pre season was that we were going to have a "right go" at promotion, I presume they do.

If in the highly unlikely case if us going up - let’s face it, we’re not winning enough games - I think it would set us back in the long term.
    This team needs a complete rebuild and a promotion would simply amplify that.
    Coupled to that, this team is nowhere near as good as the last promotion one and I think we’d go down as the first team to be promoted and relegated three times without a single season of staying up.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’d love to, that’d mean we’d have had a cracking end of season run. Next season can take care of itself when it comes, the chase for promotion is way more exciting than the prize of a top flight season.
    For the same reason, we'd have one bell of a run in if it happened although I think it's highly unlikely.

There would need to be significant investment in a team to actually have a chance of staying in that division as I see it most of our first current first team would be squad members only.

Probably the two keepers, Morrison Bennett Ralls Paterson could stay, Tomlin hasn't ever been really higher than the Championship for most of his career so there would be a question mark about him and possibly NML?

Other than those listed we would need another CB and I've been impressed with Nelson so that's not to say he couldn't make the step up, a Rb at least two CM, two wingers and two forwards otherwise I think we would just be looking to make the numbers up.

It's all hypothetical of course as at present I've seen nothing in the last couple of months which suggests were anywhere good enough to get near the top six

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well it is now but it wasnt when they went up
    The teams that have gone up and stayed up in recent years tend to fit a pattern. They all spent money across the squad, but no really huge, significant signings. In other words looking for value for money whilst spending moderate sums [in today's terms]. Also significantly, they tended to play a more solid, direct game - skilfull yes, but not the 100% football of the likes of Norwich. I'd point to Brighton, Bournemouth, Sheffield United, Wolves, as the successes, Fulham. Norwich as the duds.

I'm not saying that this is exclusively the route to success, but it does show that the key to success is your transfer policy. Yes, you can get players to play differently, a different formation, but in the end it's the raw materials you have at your disposal that will determine success or otherwise..

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    If in the highly unlikely case if us going up - let’s face it, we’re not winning enough games - I think it would set us back in the long term.
    This team needs a complete rebuild and a promotion would simply amplify that.
    Coupled to that, this team is nowhere near as good as the last promotion one and I think we’d go down as the first team to be promoted and relegated three times without a single season of staying up.
    This is how I feel overall. However that doesn't actually translate into not wanting us to win the games, I go mad with happiness when we score like I always have, and am overjoyed when we win. It's just my objective view of next season

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    If we get to play=offs i think we'll just sneak in at 6th, so more likely to be Leeds in semi and Jacks in final. that would be just too painful to watch. The thought of them beating us to go up! I'd rather not make the play-offs at all.
    At least we'd have the thread upon thread try trying to figure out how they'd bubble trip a Wembley visit to look forward to again.

That said, how the hell WOULD they

Yes. Anything else is plain stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Oh well that's settled it then, clear up matters in all the other threads as well would you

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Oh well that's settled it then, clear up matters in all the other threads as well would you
    😂😂😂😂😂😂

This is a pointless thread with Neil Harris, a Poundland Neil Warnock, in charge.

There is absolutely nothing about this guy, that’ll give Cardiff any chance of Promotion.

In fact, we’re already signing players of a lower quality, which will go on to establish us as a lower mid table team, or possibly relegation, if Harris stays in charge.

The guy has no respect within the game, as he hasn’t achieved anything of note. Hence the abysmal signings in the window. He can’t even attract a cold, let alone decent quality players.

A total waste of a season, in one of the worst Championship’s in years. If we’d have been able to get in one of the established names linked with the managers job, I’d have given us a serious Playoff shout at least.

But Harris, clueless.

Still, the board’s folly will be reflected in Season ticket sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    This is a pointless thread with Neil Harris, a Poundland Neil Warnock, in charge.

There is absolutely nothing about this guy, that’ll give Cardiff any chance of Promotion.

In fact, we’re already signing players of a lower quality, which will go on to establish us as a lower mid table team, or possibly relegation, if Harris stays in charge.

The guy has no respect within the game, as he hasn’t achieved anything of note. Hence the abysmal signings in the window. He can’t even attract a cold, let alone decent quality players.

A total waste of a season, in one of the worst Championship’s in years. If we’d have been able to get in one of the established names linked with the managers job, I’d have given us a serious Playoff shout at least.

But Harris, clueless.

Who has borrowed the family brain cell today?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post

But Harris, clueless.

This delusion again. Who was linked with the job exactly? Mike Flynn and Lee Bowyer. Last time you tried this I told you exactly why people like Jokanovic and Hughton didn't take the job, are you going to tell me you have some inside knowledge on all these great names who wanted to manage us?

Harris is nothing like Warnock. Warnock would have extended Peltier's contract and not even look in the direction of an attacking full back, he would also probably had shipped Tomlin off this January too because he's not "fit enough" or whatever bollocks he was pedaling.

The guy has lost 2 games in 17, what exactly do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    😂😂😂😂😂😂
    🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Who has borrowed the family brain cell today?
    Eric the Half Wit, It’s your family, ask them.

The run in would have to be spectacular, so for that reason alone, yes.

Not really. The question is "do you want to go up this season?". I want us to go up, just not yet. I'm assuming you were around for the last two promotions. Getting promoted this season would just end with the same result. Let's just take our time. We'll get there. But we have to be equipped to stay there. In my opinion, to stay up you have to be promoted with at least 75-80% of your future EPL squad and your playing philosophy already in place.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Not really. The question is "do you want to go up this season?". I want us to go up, just not yet. I'm assuming you were around for the last two promotions. Getting promoted this season would just end with the same result. Let's just take our time. We'll get there. But we have to be equipped to stay there. In my opinion, to stay up you have to be promoted with at least 75-80% of your future EPL squad and your playing philosophy already in place.
    Exactement. And how many of the current first team would be up to the job? I don’t think we’re even at 25%, let alone 75-80%.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    All about perspectives I guess....maybe I shouldn’t, but I liken it to my professional life and the counsel I give to people looking to move their career forward... I work with the following mantra..

“If somebody gives you an opportunity to move into a bigger role and you have thoughts in your head that you might not be up to it yet, say yes and figure out how to do it then”

Life’s too short to let opportunity pass in my opinion

All about perspectives I guess....maybe I shouldn’t, but I liken it to my professional life and the counsel I give to people looking to move their career forward... I work with the following mantra..

“If somebody gives you an opportunity to move into a bigger role and you have thoughts in your head that you might not be up to it yet, say yes and figure out how to do it then”

Life’s too short to let opportunity pass in my opinion
    I f**king hope you don't hire surgeons

🤣🤣