+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Transfer Window Activity

Transfer Window Activity

I’m surprised that there has not been more comment on the board about the club’s transfer activity in the window.

Pelts going, especially so late on, was a surprise as he has been a solid if unspectacular performer for the club over the years and letting a first team regular go seems odd. I’m sure that WBA offered him a decent contract to go though.

I can’t really comment on the new players from Bournemouth and Wolves but assume that they are cover for existing positions, and hopefully will turn out to be decent. Fingers crossed.

Adomah sounds like a solid if unspectacular signing, but overall the club’s activity has not filled me with any enthusiasm at all and just adds weight to the argument that we could be in for quite a few Slade-like wilderness years :-(

I can’t help but feel underwhelmed for some reason.

Re: Transfer Window Activity

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I’m surprised that there has not been more comment on the board about the club’s transfer activity in the window.
    I can’t help but feel underwhelmed for some reason.
    My expectation meant I was not disappointed.

I wasn't expecting much from this window, but was still underwhelmed. A load of players have left, Traore, Murphy had their contracts expire, Madine left, Bogle and Brown went out on loan, Reid's deal at Fulham was made permanent, so we have c£10.5m coming our way. Day went out on loan too and Peltier was surprisingly transferred ( well contract cancelled and then signed for WBA). So that's 8 players out. And three loanees in, one who has never played a League game, one who cost £6m three years ago, and has played 3 League games since and a 32 year old winger.

So we've saved some money, but no striker. All three loaness I expect will be gone in the summer along with Bogle, Ward, Richards.

Looks like a lot of costcutting, but we can't complain really as Warnock spent money on Flint, Whyte, Glaztel, Vaulks last summer and we all complained. I think this window just gives Harries some time to get us to the end of the season and some major restructuring of our ageing team. Peltier is 33, Bamba is now 36 I think. Hoilett is worn out, Ward, Richards, Connolly and Mende-Laing always injured.

We ned new blood, and much younger players to go with a smaller compliment of senior pros like Morrison, Ralls, Bennett.

I think the fact that Dalman is saying there’s not enough money to pay for the Sala transfer speaks volumes.
    Despite saying that they were “going to have a right go” at promotion, it appears that this is going to be a season of transition.
    I think the summer transfer window was very disappointing in terms of the quality of signings. This one was as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    My expectation meant I was not disappointed.
    +1