+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Peltier seems to have turned into Cafu since Friday as some fans look for any stick to beat Harris with.
    Indeed , defo an anti harris agenda with some on here and the poor sods only just got the job

This is where patience is required as a fanbase. Everyone’s crying out for a change from the hoofball we’ve seen pretty much since OGS was sacked 6 years ago but Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Harris can only work with that he’s got and hopefully the additions on Friday will help us further move away from hoofball and then in the summer add a few more and keep evolving.
    I think harris should be given till the end of next season to see where things stand , chopping and changing all the time is sheer stupidity

He’s given Glatzel enough chances. The guys just not up to it. Simple.

He’s not pleasing on the eye and we are never going to play Brentford style football with him leading the attack but Paterson is turning into a right nuisance for defenders and until the summer we have to play with what we’ve got and play to our strengths.

Paterson > Glatzel every time for me.
    I agree that Glatzel seems like he's not up to it. I just want to know for sure. I'd like to see him play with confidence. Paterson is doing well, but he's not a long term solution. We're going to have about two months to do whatever we want, and I'd like to see some questions answered.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I agree that Glatzel seems like he's not up to it. I just want to know for sure. I'd like to see him play with confidence. Paterson is doing well, but he's not a long term solution. We're going to have about two months to do whatever we want, and I'd like to see some questions answered.
    People say he's been given a chance and he's crap, how is being played up top in a team that hoofs the ball about being given a chance? When they actually keep the ball down and pass he looks decent and links up well.

We have more attack minded full backs and seem to be moving to a more mobile CM pairing (think pack goes when Ralls is for and Vaulks keeps his place)

Nobody is saying we need to play like Brentford, just cut out the huge pumps across field that rarely meet their target and the long aimless pumps up field, which we have shown we are capable of, do this and a player like Glatzel won't look as awful as some say he is.

We can't criticise a manager who's had years in this league, but we can criticise a player who's finding his feet in the league and is hauled in and out of a team that doesn't play to his strengths. Righto.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    People say he's been given a chance and he's crap, how is being played up top in a team that hoofs the ball about being given a chance? When they actually keep the ball down and pass he looks decent and links up well.
    Righto.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Righto.
    Taking the childish route are we.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Righto.
    Exactly.

Even when the ball is played into his feet he’s been crap. Wants too much time or takes too many touches then gets bullied off the ball. This notion we have just been smashing balls to him like we did under Warnock is nonsense.

We have tried and we just can’t build off him. He doesn’t run the channels, he hasn’t got pace, he hasn’t got clever movement.

The irony is people saying we are not playing to via strengths but what are these strengths exactly?

Exactly.

Even when the ball is played into his feet he’s been crap. Wants too much time or takes too many touches then gets bullied off the ball. This notion we have just been smashing balls to him like we did under Warnock is nonsense.

We have tried and we just can’t build off him. He doesn’t run the channels, he hasn’t got pace, he hasn’t got clever movement.

The irony is people saying we are not playing to via strengths but what are these strengths exactly?
    If he was a good player he'd be showing us something, whatever the circumstances, that's what good players do. He's slow to react, slow on the ball, he doesn't have the ability to protect the ball and hold off defenders. He's just not very good. People say that he'd do better if we played to his strengths, i'm ****ed if i know what they are.

Taking the childish route are we.
    Just your route.

Exactly.

Agreed.

I think Ward and Paterson are our best options up front. That's not saying they're fantastic forwards at this level, but we're at our most effective with them.

We don't do it enough. That's my point.

He's not getting ball to feet all game, we dont play a single way we seem to switch between hoofing it and having random intervals of play in between.

Wasn't JR one of them wanting better football when his mate Gringo was about, now he's arguing with others suggesting we need Paterson (playing him suggests hoofball let's be honest)

Righto.

Ward and Paterson up front

Up front

We don't do it enough. That's my point.

He's not getting ball to feet all game, we dont play a single way we seem to switch between hoofing it and having random intervals of play in between.

Wasn't JR one of them wanting better football when his mate Gringo was about, now he's arguing with others suggesting we need Paterson (playing him suggests hoofball let's be honest)

Righto.
    Whos arguing? Were having a sensible discussion. Youre a weirdo aye. Always looking for conflict.

Got me on ignore but yet you cant stop mentioning me. Bizarre.