Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 39

Thread: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

  1. #1

    Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Far too much armchair managing going on

    Hes only just replaced warnock, give the guy a chance to build his side and let him get rid of players he thinks are surplus to requirement or want to leave .....those he wants to stay he will keep and those he doesn't want but are unable to be moved on will stay , that's life in football these days

    Let him get on with the job he has been given

    Bluebirds !

  2. #2

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions


  3. #3

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Harris could turn out to be a great manager for cardiff city , let's give the guy a chance, he clearly hasn't got much of a budget but as great teams are built on fighting spirit , not highly paid fancy Dan's

    Look at Burnley, and until this season , Watford and Bournemouth

    Look at brentford , knocking on the door , pissing the big boys off

  4. #4

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Damn right

    He's replaced Etheridge who was struggling for form with Smithies who is playing well

    He's replaced Flint and put in Nelson which was the correct decision and adds much needed pace to the back

    He's signed 2 new young full backs and has signalled his intention to play with full backs further up the pitch

    He's put a rejuvenated Paterson back in the side up front and shipped out the woefully inadequate Bogle and Madine

    He's put in Vaulks who is playing well - its not his fault our best midfielder has been injured most of the season in Ralls - he's stuck with Pack - he's not blind - Pack will be out as soon as soon as Joe is fit

    He's getting our naturally most gifted player in Tomlin on the pitch

    He's got my support as he's trying to be proactive with what he's got which is basically a team of triers - our midfield is to say the least - limited

  5. #5

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Far too much armchair managing going on

    Hes only just replaced warnock, give the guy a chance to build his side and let him get rid of players he thinks are surplus to requirement or want to leave .....those he wants to stay he will keep and those he doesn't want but are unable to be moved on will stay , that's life in football these days

    Let him get on with the job he has been given

    Bluebirds !
    Totally agree.

  6. #6

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Damn right

    He's replaced Etheridge who was struggling for form with Smithies who is playing well

    He's replaced Flint and put in Nelson which was the correct decision and adds much needed pace to the back

    He's signed 2 new young full backs and has signalled his intention to play with full backs further up the pitch

    He's put a rejuvenated Paterson back in the side up front and shipped out the woefully inadequate Bogle and Madine

    He's put in Vaulks who is playing well - its not his fault our best midfielder has been injured most of the season in Ralls - he's stuck with Pack - he's not blind - Pack will be out as soon as soon as Joe is fit

    He's getting our naturally most gifted player in Tomlin on the pitch

    He's got my support as he's trying to be proactive with what he's got which is basically a team of triers - our midfield is to say the least - limited
    Aye, but he hasn't got this team playing free flowing, attractive football that Guardiola would be proud of, and he hasn't won automatic promotion yet. He's clearly out of his depth. (Yes, this is called sarcasm )

  7. #7

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Damn right

    He's replaced Etheridge who was struggling for form with Smithies who is playing well

    He's replaced Flint and put in Nelson which was the correct decision and adds much needed pace to the back

    He's signed 2 new young full backs and has signalled his intention to play with full backs further up the pitch

    He's put a rejuvenated Paterson back in the side up front and shipped out the woefully inadequate Bogle and Madine

    He's put in Vaulks who is playing well - its not his fault our best midfielder has been injured most of the season in Ralls - he's stuck with Pack - he's not blind - Pack will be out as soon as soon as Joe is fit

    He's getting our naturally most gifted player in Tomlin on the pitch

    He's got my support as he's trying to be proactive with what he's got which is basically a team of triers - our midfield is to say the least - limited
    A fit Joe ralls will make a heck of a difference to this side as will some width

  8. #8
    First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    English side of the Bridge
    Posts
    1,248

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    A fit Joe ralls will make a heck of a difference to this side as will some width
    I love the positivity of this thread.

  9. #9

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Damn right

    He's replaced Etheridge who was struggling for form with Smithies who is playing well

    He's replaced Flint and put in Nelson which was the correct decision and adds much needed pace to the back

    He's signed 2 new young full backs and has signalled his intention to play with full backs further up the pitch

    He's put a rejuvenated Paterson back in the side up front and shipped out the woefully inadequate Bogle and Madine

    He's put in Vaulks who is playing well - its not his fault our best midfielder has been injured most of the season in Ralls - he's stuck with Pack - he's not blind - Pack will be out as soon as soon as Joe is fit

    He's getting our naturally most gifted player in Tomlin on the pitch

    He's got my support as he's trying to be proactive with what he's got which is basically a team of triers - our midfield is to say the least - limited
    agree

  10. #10

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    get behind your wife and back her instead :P

  11. #11

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    to be fair he made a drastic change at half time taking off our 2 wingers and a much better performance in the second half as a result. Warnock wouldn’t dare make that decision. I rarely remember him making any changes till 70 mins in at least. It’s good to see our full backs pushing on a bit too (from an attacking point of view). The odd thing I’m noticing is Morrison staying forward a lot more in open play after a set piece.

  12. #12

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    to be fair he made a drastic change at half time taking off our 2 wingers and a much better performance in the second half as a result. Warnock wouldn’t dare make that decision. I rarely remember him making any changes till 70 mins in at least. It’s good to see our full backs pushing on a bit too (from an attacking point of view). The odd thing I’m noticing is Morrison staying forward a lot more in open play after a set piece.
    Morrison is one of the finest headers of the ball we have had at this club for some time , hes a real threat at set pieces but I would prefer him back in position as soon as possible

  13. #13

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Morrison is one of the finest headers of the ball we have had at this club for some time , hes a real threat at set pieces but I would prefer him back in position as soon as possible
    He used to be a threat at set pieces but not since our promotion season.
    I do feel that chucking him up for the corners and long throws on the off chance he might score isn't worth the disruption it causes to our defence. We have other non-defenders who can head a ball.

    Re the OP I'm with you.
    He's doin' alright.

  14. #14

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    What are your thoughts on getting rid of Peltier plus Madine and Bogle ?

  15. #15

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    I want him to do well. I'm not going to blindly support him and back every decison he makes though. He has my support. But if he drops a bollock I shall ask questions. If does somethoing right, I'll acknowledge that too. His half time switch today was a good decision in hindsight.

    Pretty soon, I want to see some bold moves though. I'd start Glatzel every week and see If he improves. If he doesn't, lets get rid. I'd start a few youngsters too. They don't all have to play together, but we should be able to give a couple of them a run of games starting next month.

  16. #16

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Damn right

    He's replaced Etheridge who was struggling for form with Smithies who is playing well

    He's replaced Flint and put in Nelson which was the correct decision and adds much needed pace to the back

    He's signed 2 new young full backs and has signalled his intention to play with full backs further up the pitch

    He's put a rejuvenated Paterson back in the side up front and shipped out the woefully inadequate Bogle and Madine

    He's put in Vaulks who is playing well - its not his fault our best midfielder has been injured most of the season in Ralls - he's stuck with Pack - he's not blind - Pack will be out as soon as soon as Joe is fit

    He's getting our naturally most gifted player in Tomlin on the pitch

    He's got my support as he's trying to be proactive with what he's got which is basically a team of triers - our midfield is to say the least - limited
    Good post

  17. #17

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    He used to be a threat at set pieces but not since our promotion season.
    I do feel that chucking him up for the corners and long throws on the off chance he might score isn't worth the disruption it causes to our defence. We have other non-defenders who can head a ball.

    Re the OP I'm with you.
    He's doin' alright.
    Another good point

  18. #18

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I want him to do well. I'm not going to blindly support him and back every decison he makes though. He has my support. But if he drops a bollock I shall ask questions. If does somethoing right, I'll acknowledge that too. His half time switch today was a good decision in hindsight.

    Pretty soon, I want to see some bold moves though. I'd start Glatzel every week and see If he improves. If he doesn't, lets get rid. I'd start a few youngsters too. They don't all have to play together, but we should be able to give a couple of them a run of games starting next month.
    And the hat trick

  19. #19

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    We've seen almost every player in our squad this year and I'm still not sure what our best starting 11 is - so many play better when looking to make impact off the bench for 20 minutes than they do starting the game. Overall, I'm happy that Harris is i) getting better results with what seems to be a poorly assembled squad, ii) is giving each and every player a chance to impress and iii) is now preparing for next season by giving Tomlin new contract, making Smithies the established number one and introducing more attacking full-backs, but improvements are so small and slow that we're going to end up with fewer enjoyable games this season than not enjoyable ones.

  20. #20

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    What are your thoughts on getting rid of Peltier plus Madine and Bogle ?
    Peltier wanted out , the other two were not up to it

  21. #21

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I want him to do well. I'm not going to blindly support him and back every decison he makes though. He has my support. But if he drops a bollock I shall ask questions. If does somethoing right, I'll acknowledge that too. His half time switch today was a good decision in hindsight.

    Pretty soon, I want to see some bold moves though. I'd start Glatzel every week and see If he improves. If he doesn't, lets get rid. I'd start a few youngsters too. They don't all have to play together, but we should be able to give a couple of them a run of games starting next month.
    He’s given Glatzel enough chances. The guys just not up to it. Simple.

    He’s not pleasing on the eye and we are never going to play Brentford style football with him leading the attack but Paterson is turning into a right nuisance for defenders and until the summer we have to play with what we’ve got and play to our strengths.

    Paterson > Glatzel every time for me.

  22. #22

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s given Glatzel enough chances. The guys just not up to it. Simple.

    He’s not pleasing on the eye and we are never going to play Brentford style football with him leading the attack but Paterson is turning into a right nuisance for defenders and until the summer we have to play with what we’ve got and play to our strengths.

    Paterson > Glatzel every time for me.
    I love old school forwards like paterson , get ****ing stuck in

  23. #23

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Peltier wanted out , the other two were not up to it
    Peltier seems to have turned into Cafu since Friday as some fans look for any stick to beat Harris with.

  24. #24

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Peltier wanted out , the other two were not up to it
    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I love old school forwards like paterson , get ****ing stuck in
    I want to see the type of football Brentford played yesterday but I’m also realistic enough to know the limitations of our squad.

    I’ve come around to the idea of just playing to our strengths. I think Harris is getting a raw deal from some quarters. I think we are trying to play when we can and the football is nowhere near as hoofball as Warnocks. Yes it’s direct on times but you can see that we are also trying to get it down and play a bit too, fullbacks overlapping.etc

  25. #25

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Peltier wanted out , the other two were not up to it
    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We've seen almost every player in our squad this year and I'm still not sure what our best starting 11 is - so many play better when looking to make impact off the bench for 20 minutes than they do starting the game. Overall, I'm happy that Harris is i) getting better results with what seems to be a poorly assembled squad, ii) is giving each and every player a chance to impress and iii) is now preparing for next season by giving Tomlin new contract, making Smithies the established number one and introducing more attacking full-backs, but improvements are so small and slow that we're going to end up with fewer enjoyable games this season than not enjoyable ones.
    This is where patience is required as a fanbase. Everyone’s crying out for a change from the hoofball we’ve seen pretty much since OGS was sacked 6 years ago but Rome wasn’t built in a day.

    Harris can only work with that he’s got and hopefully the additions on Friday will help us further move away from hoofball and then in the summer add a few more and keep evolving.

  26. #26

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Peltier seems to have turned into Cafu since Friday as some fans look for any stick to beat Harris with.
    Indeed , defo an anti harris agenda with some on here and the poor sods only just got the job

  27. #27

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    This is where patience is required as a fanbase. Everyone’s crying out for a change from the hoofball we’ve seen pretty much since OGS was sacked 6 years ago but Rome wasn’t built in a day.

    Harris can only work with that he’s got and hopefully the additions on Friday will help us further move away from hoofball and then in the summer add a few more and keep evolving.
    I think harris should be given till the end of next season to see where things stand , chopping and changing all the time is sheer stupidity

  28. #28

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s given Glatzel enough chances. The guys just not up to it. Simple.

    He’s not pleasing on the eye and we are never going to play Brentford style football with him leading the attack but Paterson is turning into a right nuisance for defenders and until the summer we have to play with what we’ve got and play to our strengths.

    Paterson > Glatzel every time for me.
    I agree that Glatzel seems like he's not up to it. I just want to know for sure. I'd like to see him play with confidence. Paterson is doing well, but he's not a long term solution. We're going to have about two months to do whatever we want, and I'd like to see some questions answered.

  29. #29

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I agree that Glatzel seems like he's not up to it. I just want to know for sure. I'd like to see him play with confidence. Paterson is doing well, but he's not a long term solution. We're going to have about two months to do whatever we want, and I'd like to see some questions answered.
    People say he's been given a chance and he's crap, how is being played up top in a team that hoofs the ball about being given a chance? When they actually keep the ball down and pass he looks decent and links up well.

    We have more attack minded full backs and seem to be moving to a more mobile CM pairing (think pack goes when Ralls is for and Vaulks keeps his place)

    Nobody is saying we need to play like Brentford, just cut out the huge pumps across field that rarely meet their target and the long aimless pumps up field, which we have shown we are capable of, do this and a player like Glatzel won't look as awful as some say he is.

    We can't criticise a manager who's had years in this league, but we can criticise a player who's finding his feet in the league and is hauled in and out of a team that doesn't play to his strengths. Righto.

  30. #30

    Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    People say he's been given a chance and he's crap, how is being played up top in a team that hoofs the ball about being given a chance? When they actually keep the ball down and pass he looks decent and links up well.
    Righto.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •