+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

Far too much armchair managing going on

Hes only just replaced warnock, give the guy a chance to build his side and let him get rid of players he thinks are surplus to requirement or want to leave .....those he wants to stay he will keep and those he doesn't want but are unable to be moved on will stay , that's life in football these days

Let him get on with the job he has been given

Bluebirds !

Re: Get behind neil harris and back his decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Harris could turn out to be a great manager for cardiff city , let's give the guy a chance, he clearly hasn't got much of a budget but as great teams are built on fighting spirit , not highly paid fancy Dan's

Look at Burnley, and until this season , Watford and Bournemouth

Look at brentford , knocking on the door , pissing the big boys off

Damn right

He's replaced Etheridge who was struggling for form with Smithies who is playing well

He's replaced Flint and put in Nelson which was the correct decision and adds much needed pace to the back

He's signed 2 new young full backs and has signalled his intention to play with full backs further up the pitch

He's put a rejuvenated Paterson back in the side up front and shipped out the woefully inadequate Bogle and Madine

He's put in Vaulks who is playing well - its not his fault our best midfielder has been injured most of the season in Ralls - he's stuck with Pack - he's not blind - Pack will be out as soon as soon as Joe is fit

He's getting our naturally most gifted player in Tomlin on the pitch

He's got my support as he's trying to be proactive with what he's got which is basically a team of triers - our midfield is to say the least - limited

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Far too much armchair managing going on

Hes only just replaced warnock, give the guy a chance to build his side and let him get rid of players he thinks are surplus to requirement or want to leave .....those he wants to stay he will keep and those he doesn't want but are unable to be moved on will stay , that's life in football these days

Let him get on with the job he has been given

Bluebirds !
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Damn right

He's replaced Etheridge who was struggling for form with Smithies who is playing well

He's replaced Flint and put in Nelson which was the correct decision and adds much needed pace to the back

He's signed 2 new young full backs and has signalled his intention to play with full backs further up the pitch

He's put a rejuvenated Paterson back in the side up front and shipped out the woefully inadequate Bogle and Madine

He's put in Vaulks who is playing well - its not his fault our best midfielder has been injured most of the season in Ralls - he's stuck with Pack - he's not blind - Pack will be out as soon as soon as Joe is fit

He's got my support as he's trying to be proactive with what he's got which is basically a team of triers - our midfield is to say the least - limited
    Aye, but he hasn't got this team playing free flowing, attractive football that Guardiola would be proud of, and he hasn't won automatic promotion yet. He's clearly out of his depth. (Yes, this is called sarcasm )

Damn right

A fit Joe ralls will make a heck of a difference to this side as will some width

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

A fit Joe ralls will make a heck of a difference to this side as will some width
    I love the positivity of this thread.

Damn right

agree

get behind your wife and back her instead :P

to be fair he made a drastic change at half time taking off our 2 wingers and a much better performance in the second half as a result. Warnock wouldn’t dare make that decision. I rarely remember him making any changes till 70 mins in at least. It’s good to see our full backs pushing on a bit too (from an attacking point of view). The odd thing I’m noticing is Morrison staying forward a lot more in open play after a set piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    to be fair he made a drastic change at half time taking off our 2 wingers and a much better performance in the second half as a result. Warnock wouldn’t dare make that decision. I rarely remember him making any changes till 70 mins in at least. It’s good to see our full backs pushing on a bit too (from an attacking point of view). The odd thing I’m noticing is Morrison staying forward a lot more in open play after a set piece.
    Morrison is one of the finest headers of the ball we have had at this club for some time , hes a real threat at set pieces but I would prefer him back in position as soon as possible

Morrison is one of the finest headers of the ball we have had at this club for some time , hes a real threat at set pieces but I would prefer him back in position as soon as possible
    He used to be a threat at set pieces but not since our promotion season.
    I do feel that chucking him up for the corners and long throws on the off chance he might score isn't worth the disruption it causes to our defence. We have other non-defenders who can head a ball.

Re the OP I'm with you.
    He's doin' alright.

What are your thoughts on getting rid of Peltier plus Madine and Bogle ?

I want him to do well. I'm not going to blindly support him and back every decison he makes though. He has my support. But if he drops a bollock I shall ask questions. If does somethoing right, I'll acknowledge that too. His half time switch today was a good decision in hindsight.

Pretty soon, I want to see some bold moves though. I'd start Glatzel every week and see If he improves. If he doesn't, lets get rid. I'd start a few youngsters too. They don't all have to play together, but we should be able to give a couple of them a run of games starting next month.

Damn right

Good post

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    He used to be a threat at set pieces but not since our promotion season.
    I do feel that chucking him up for the corners and long throws on the off chance he might score isn't worth the disruption it causes to our defence. We have other non-defenders who can head a ball.

Re the OP I'm with you.
    He's doin' alright.
    Another good point

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I want him to do well. I'm not going to blindly support him and back every decison he makes though. He has my support. But if he drops a bollock I shall ask questions. If does somethoing right, I'll acknowledge that too. His half time switch today was a good decision in hindsight.

Pretty soon, I want to see some bold moves though. I'd start Glatzel every week and see If he improves. If he doesn't, lets get rid. I'd start a few youngsters too. They don't all have to play together, but we should be able to give a couple of them a run of games starting next month.
    And the hat trick

We've seen almost every player in our squad this year and I'm still not sure what our best starting 11 is - so many play better when looking to make impact off the bench for 20 minutes than they do starting the game. Overall, I'm happy that Harris is i) getting better results with what seems to be a poorly assembled squad, ii) is giving each and every player a chance to impress and iii) is now preparing for next season by giving Tomlin new contract, making Smithies the established number one and introducing more attacking full-backs, but improvements are so small and slow that we're going to end up with fewer enjoyable games this season than not enjoyable ones.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    What are your thoughts on getting rid of Peltier plus Madine and Bogle ?
    Peltier wanted out , the other two were not up to it

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

He’s given Glatzel enough chances. The guys just not up to it. Simple.

He’s not pleasing on the eye and we are never going to play Brentford style football with him leading the attack but Paterson is turning into a right nuisance for defenders and until the summer we have to play with what we’ve got and play to our strengths.

Paterson > Glatzel every time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s given Glatzel enough chances. The guys just not up to it. Simple.

He’s not pleasing on the eye and we are never going to play Brentford style football with him leading the attack but Paterson is turning into a right nuisance for defenders and until the summer we have to play with what we’ve got and play to our strengths.

Paterson > Glatzel every time for me.
    I love old school forwards like paterson , get ****ing stuck in

Peltier seems to have turned into Cafu since Friday as some fans look for any stick to beat Harris with.

I love old school forwards like paterson , get ****ing stuck in
    I want to see the type of football Brentford played yesterday but I’m also realistic enough to know the limitations of our squad.

I’ve come around to the idea of just playing to our strengths. I think Harris is getting a raw deal from some quarters. I think we are trying to play when we can and the football is nowhere near as hoofball as Warnocks. Yes it’s direct on times but you can see that we are also trying to get it down and play a bit too, fullbacks overlapping.etc

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We've seen almost every player in our squad this year and I'm still not sure what our best starting 11 is - so many play better when looking to make impact off the bench for 20 minutes than they do starting the game. Overall, I'm happy that Harris is i) getting better results with what seems to be a poorly assembled squad, ii) is giving each and every player a chance to impress and iii) is now preparing for next season by giving Tomlin new contract, making Smithies the established number one and introducing more attacking full-backs, but improvements are so small and slow that we're going to end up with fewer enjoyable games this season than not enjoyable ones.
    This is where patience is required as a fanbase. Everyone’s crying out for a change from the hoofball we’ve seen pretty much since OGS was sacked 6 years ago but Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Harris can only work with that he’s got and hopefully the additions on Friday will help us further move away from hoofball and then in the summer add a few more and keep evolving.