+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leeds doing a Leeds

Leeds doing a Leeds

They really are the team that keeps on giving. Every year.

Re: Leeds doing a Leeds

I really do hope they balls it up again this year but I think it might be their year, as the others chasing are as, if not more, inconsistent

The gap is nothing now, they have 2 or 3 tough games coming up too

Let's get to the play offs so we can piss them off

It was bittersweet beating West Brom as it helped Leeds. Not in great form at the moment are they.
    Weeds.jpg

I thought their turnaround last week had set them up, then they follow it with a defeat at home to Wigan.

You can see the tension and anxiety in all the players and fans, what a lead they had.

They and west brom are doing their best to make it interesting, still think both will stumble their way back into form and be ok, Brentford and forest will surely fall off soon. Fulham maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I thought their turnaround last week had set them up, then they follow it with a defeat at home to Wigan.

You can see the tension and anxiety in all the players and fans, what a lead they had.

They and west brom are doing their best to make it interesting, still think both will stumble their way back into form and be ok, Brentford and forest will surely fall off soon. Fulham maybe.
    I think Brentford will go up personally, they've got a way of playing that works

Forest away on Saturday followed by Brentford away on the Tuesday, they could conceivably be 5th by next Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Forest away on Saturday followed by Brentford away on the Tuesday, they could conceivably be 5th by next Wednesday
    Praise the lord , I hope they naff it up

My boss is a Leeds plastic so much ammunition lately. Part of me wants them to get promoted just to shut him up about it being "Their year". Worse than the scousers mun.

Shocked allez allez hasn’t popped in to tell us they are still 2nd and we are 12th or whatever.....
    Someone who clearly doesn’t get it.

Leeds next 4 fixtures....Forest, Brentford, Wurzles, Reading
    Fulham next 4 Blackburn, Millwall, Barnsley, Derby

By the end of the month they should be out of the top 2.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I think Brentford will go up personally, they've got a way of playing that works
    Would that be , they score more goals than the opposition?

Novel...

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I know Hull are woeful at the moment with the loss of 2 of their best players but Brentford were brilliant last Saturday.

That football was on another level by Championship standards.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I know Hull are woeful at the moment with the loss of 2 of their best players but Brentford were brilliant last Saturday.

That football was on another level by Championship standards.
    They don't seem to be able to do it every week through.
    I watched them recently and thought just that.
    I have had an interest bet on them at 12/1 to win the league , not sure I have much faith in it .

We all know that the best footballing sides don't always succeed, Fulham for example but I'd like to see Brentford go up and shall be quietly cheering for them, at the expense of Leeds

I wouldn't mind Brentford getting promoted. They're moving to the new stadium next season, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I wouldn't mind Brentford getting promoted. They're moving to the new stadium next season, aren't they?
    I believe they are yes.
    Their die hard fans deserve a shot at it especially after so long living in the shadow of all their affluent neighbours (all relative I know being in London themselves and all that).

They've played good football and it would be nice to see it rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Would that be , they score more goals than the opposition?

Novel...
    It's what I've always pushed for for us

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    They don't seem to be able to do it every week through.
    I watched them recently and thought just that.
    I have had an interest bet on them at 12/1 to win the league , not sure I have much faith in it .
    I know they need to be more consistent but I also think its tough to do it every week in the Championship due to its competitive nature. Some weeks Leeds look like they are on a different level, but then they go and lose to the likes of Wigan.

Wether with brentford or not I will be amazed of that Benrahma (sp) isnt plying his trade in the PL next year. What a player.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think a lot of neautrals would like to see them go up. They play good football and whilst theyve spent a few quid this year its money theyve reinvested from previous profitable deals.

If it isn't cardiff I would always go for brentford , Barnsley etc

Cant stand the glory hunters that kiss leeds arse to this very day , loads of them in south wales

I would rather be a jack

Being selfish, I’d rather them stay down (or go up with us ), so we can christen their new ground

Brentford are the new Bournemouth