+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dalman opens up on Sala stance and explains the club’s position

Re: Dalman opens up on Sala stance and explains the club’s position

If the club are claiming the player wasn't theirs the question of insurance would not be a relevant consideration.

How can you trust what anyone says in football?

Has to be one of the murkiest industires to be involved in. The club owners are dodgy, the agents are dodgy, some of the players are mercenaries, most of the media turns a blind eye and the governing bodies are the biggest crooks of the lot.

The bottom line is a young man has lost his life becasue he was used as a commodity to make a fast few quid. It sounds like the flight investigation authorities will report that laws/regulations were broken in putting Sala on this plane and I hope for his family's sake that the guilty parties are held to account and criminal proceedings are brought agaisnt the culprits.

Sad though, innit.

At the centre of it all is the death of a young man who died the other side of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Sad though, innit.

At the centre of it all is the death of a young man who died the other side of the world.
    And probably a family who still have no real clarity as to why

Might be missing something, but it reads like Dalman thinks we offered Nantes a concession by offering them the opportunity to pay a proportion of our outstanding transfer fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I was surprised the Press didn’t pick up on that. MD announced that Sam Hammam is suing the club for £15m over the fact that he did not get the Life Presidency he thought he was promised. How the hell he can think such a meaningless position is worth £15m I don’t know. Also former Director Michael Isaac is suing the club over the fact that his previously significant shareholding in CCFC worth a 7 figure sum is now comparatively worthless due the creation of millions more shares to allow VT to convert debt to equity
    The bloke is off his head.

As for Isaacs, I’d expect as long as company law was followed he’ll be OK.
    I actually thought Tan bought out the shares of the biggest shareholders, did Isaacs not take him up in the offer ?

My £10k of shares is probably worth feck all now too, but I guessed that might happen at the start. It was worth it to help keep our club alive

I guess the media are holding back the Hammam snippets for later in the week.
    Surprising that the fan's lEaDEr on another site hasn't been on top of that story. (Mind you I rarely go over there now.)

im just gonna chuck it out there...

i really dont like this bloke

is what it is and and all that, does what he does for city... but nah, not my cuppa tea at all

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    im just gonna chuck it out there...

i really dont like this bloke

is what it is and and all that, does what he does for city... but nah, not my cuppa tea at all
    I've had some reservations about him for a while too.

You also have to wonder about his commitment to doing what's best for this club when he was actively pursuing the purchase of another club as little as 6-7 months ago. I appreciate that it's probably "just a job" for him being our chairman, but football is a strange one, in my opinion. You should be committed to what you're doing and if you'd rather be doing something else (like owning a rival club) then should you continue to have such an influential, decision making role?

I dunno

I've viewed him as a bullshitter since he turned up for training to ooze supreme confidence in Trollope's managerial skills then 8/9 days later state with equal conviction that he had to be dismissed.

Though he has an exalted position he's just another employee whose mouth is available for hire.

When you see through the bullshit it's hard to unsee.

Warnock played him like a fiddle.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Warnock played him like a fiddle.
    There is no doubt that Warnock was cleverer than than the rest of the Transfer Committee put together and he didn't have to be cleverer than the the Board as there is no such thing at CCFC. However, you can see a scenario whereby, if Warnock didn't get his way, all he would have to do is ring a certain person in Malaysia, say that the transfer committee don't know what they are doing, I'm the one with loads of promotions so we need to sign whoever. So, perhaps it is VT who got played like a fiddle ?

Dalman reminds me of Swiss Tony.

The ludicrous transfer committee where 3 board members who know absolutely nothing about football are supposed to advise the manager on recruitment.

I agree Warnock ran rings round the board exploiting their ignorance.

Which other club would appoint a manager and then allow the manager’s son to turn up and take over as agent for first team players? Or allow the son’s agency to do a number of deals with the club? Or hand over the planning of the manager’s succession to the manager himself. Or give a manager with a disastrous record in the transfer market the summer window to vastly over-pay for a bunch of journeymen pros and then watch him walk out 3 months later when he realised he’d screwed up?

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    The ludicrous transfer committee where 3 board members who know absolutely nothing about football are supposed to advise the manager on recruitment.

Which other club would appoint a manager and then allow the manager’s son to turn up and take over as agent for first team players? Or allow the son’s agency to do a number of deals with the club? Or hand over the planning of the manager’s succession to the manager himself. Or give a manager with a disastrous record in the transfer market the summer window to vastly over-pay for a bunch of journeymen pros and then watch him walk out 3 months later when he realised he’d screwed up?
    You say "which other club" as if it's solely a Cardiff problem. It's a football in general problem, with people stealing a living.

Perhaps you would care to explain how the transfers in of Bamba and Hoilett on frees, or the sales of Zohore for £7.5m profit and Bobby Reid for £1.5m profit or the purchase of Paterson for about half a million quid or even the purchases of Smithies, Etheridge, Nelson, Ward, Tomlin, Vaulks and Whyte (who are all now first team squad regulars and worth considerably more) for what were negligible fees in the current market or even perhaps the purchase of Gary Madine for £6m when three months later we were promoted to the Prem and made £100m off the back of it, constitute a manager with a ‘disastrous’ record in the transfer market. You lot on this thread need to seriously get over yourselves and stop trying to totally rewrite history.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Perhaps you would care to explain how the transfers in of Bamba and Hoilett on frees, or the sales of Zohore for £7.5m profit and Bobby Reid for £1.5m profit or the purchase of Paterson for about half a million quid or even the purchases of Smithies, Etheridge, Nelson, Ward, Tomlin, Vaulks and Whyte (who are all now first team squad regulars and worth considerably more) for what were negligible fees in the current market or even perhaps the purchase of Gary Madine for £6m when three months later we were promoted to the Prem and made £100m off the back of it, constitute a manager with a ‘disastrous’ record in the transfer market. You lot on this thread need to seriously get over yourselves and stop trying to totally rewrite history.
    You're the only one rewriting history. Still waiting for your source on the couple of million (at least!) that we got from Sheffield United for the Madine loan.

That should shut you up for a bit.

My favourite poster.

You blew everything when you mentioned Madine.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    You blew everything when you mentioned Madine.
    We made £94m profit on Madine.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    We made £94m profit on Madine.
    😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I guess the media are holding back the Hammam snippets for later in the week.
    Surprising that the fan's lEaDEr on another site hasn't been on top of that story. (Mind you I rarely go over there now.)
    He will be on it soon as it goes against Tan.
    At the moment him and his multis have an agenda against Harris from what i can see.